Are you consistent in Fx ?

This is a discussion on Are you consistent in Fx ? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by gerryg I'm quite consistent in returns but I feel I have to increase the risk I take ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:41am   #16
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
I'm quite consistent in returns but I feel I have to increase the risk I take because trading small lots I spend too much time focusing on immediate profit. How could we shift the focus to long-term?
the answer is in the question ?
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:43am   #17
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
the human mind is not programmed to trade .......it is 100% counter intuitive to the human psyche

so learning to overrule that is the hardest and main barrier to good trading

N

http://tradingcomposure.com/trading-simple-yet-hard/
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:59pm   #18
Joined Jul 2016
Yeah, learning is the only key element to attain success into the Forex Market. You need to have constant learning approach to obtain the knowledge required for the Forex Market.
SmartGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:19am   #19
Joined Apr 2016
Forex can be your main source of income but don't rely only on one account. The average forex trader loses money, which is in itself a very discouraging fact.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:00am   #20
Joined Jul 2016
Exactly it is the best to treat it as a part time business, though too much risks is involved but it is the best way to obtain money online and if done part time you could have more than one source of income to back it up your Forex Trade.
SmartGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:04am   #21

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
I wish I could have consistency. I've to admit that I really have to work on that.
doubleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:51pm   #22
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleb View Post
I wish I could have consistency. I've to admit that I really have to work on that.

Well it depends only partly on you. Low volatility can shrink margins as well as high volatility erase all your profit by sudden move. Adjusting your strategy for consistency probably the hardest part of trading.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:50am   #23
Joined Apr 2016
Forex market keeps on changing. The majority of retail traders struggle to find out how to be consistently profitable in Forex.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:21pm   #24

9 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Borren View Post
Consistency is the main pillar of success! Suppose, if you are able to make 5 pips is a day but consistently , that means your monthly profit will around 100 pips! So, if you have healthy trading equity, nothing is impossible here! So, traders need to focus on consistency!
Consistency, and stable adhering to money management. You can achieve consistency and stability only when you have a good trading system. At the same time, since the market is constantly changing, you need to be able to track these changes and manage to adjust to it.
FPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:17am   #25
Joined Apr 2016
So who is consistent in Earning? I would like to see if anyone from this forum is in profit.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:16am   #26
Joined Dec 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by june_girl7 View Post
So who is consistent in Earning? I would like to see if anyone from this forum is in profit.
Isn't "profit" equal to Perspective?

What if you consistently flip a coin and double your money 12 times in a row. but on the last one you bet it all and lost? Are you profitable?

I see profitability different...

Profitability is directly related to knowledge and what you know and how you use it for monetary gain.
anon301501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:46am   #27
Joined Jan 2018
I am more consistent in Crypto trading but that might be because there is more market volatility.
ForexinDevon is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:16pm   #28
Joined Apr 2016
I want to see if anyone is really in profit because there are many articles about failures in trading.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:43pm   #29

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Listen i started Proprietary Trading and since then i improved my trading so much since i started because you have rules that u cant break and makes your personality more calm and calculated

BTW the Proprietary Trading im trading is called: https://www.the5ers.com/

so if any professional trader want to improved his trading I highly suggest to think about it..

Happy Trading all
ForexLonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:22am   #30
Joined Apr 2016
What is Proprietary trading?