Do you Like Multiple trading pairs ?

This is a discussion on Do you Like Multiple trading pairs ? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; To be honest, I donít use multiple trading instruments in my live trading account, I work with only EUR/USD, USD/JPY, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:18am   #1
Joined Apr 2017
Do you Like Multiple trading pairs ?

To be honest, I donít use multiple trading instruments in my live trading account, I work with only EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD and Gold! But that doesnít mean, I dislike others trading instrument! I add new trading pair according to my demo trading result! Besides, now I am testing EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY in my demo account, I need two months more for final decision on these two pairs!
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:44pm   #2

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Borren View Post
Besides, now I am testing EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY in my demo account, I need two months more for final decision on these two pairs!
What do you look for in testing these pairs that may influence your decision to trade them? In other words, what findings would stop you from using them?

I'm struggling with forex, need some new ideas or direction.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:21pm   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
there are 28 pairs in the G8 basket of currencies .......tell me what you are looking for in these pairs and i will tell you what to expect

hint ....the 7 pairs in the usd family will display 50% the personality of the USD

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:44am   #4
Joined Apr 2016
What kind of multiple pair trading you are looking for, I have never work with so many pairs for my trading.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:59pm   #5

Joined Oct 2015
I use multiple pairs for the simple reason one pair might be sitting down not doing a dam but another might be on the move. Why waste time staring at a pair waiting for it to do something when time is better spent on another at the moment?
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:15pm   #6
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
I use multiple pairs for the simple reason one pair might be sitting down not doing a dam but another might be on the move. Why waste time staring at a pair waiting for it to do something when time is better spent on another at the moment?
Why not extend this logic and have 10-20 pairs ? Then not a single one of them will be able to take you down no matter how badly it does. Rather than to lose the account, it's better to make smaller profits. Real trades, no matter how small, teach you real trading. Demo trades don't.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:26pm   #7

Joined Oct 2015
EJ, I like your reply but from a logistical POV how do you keep track of 20 pairs? How many monitors does this take?
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:39pm   #8
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
EJ, I like your reply but from a logistical POV how do you keep track of 20 pairs? How many monitors does this take?
I have one 30 inch monitor with 25 mt4 charts on it. I also have a less usable set up with 50 charts. But that's just for doing a quick scan across lots of markets. I hardly ever use that now, since I am no longer in a hurry. If I have reserves to spare, I can look for opportunities at a more leisurely pace. More often than not I already have plenty on my plate.

Here, red for short, blue for long, pink for new opportunities, grey for free slot.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
mt4.jpg  

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Sep 28, 2017 at 2:44pm.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote