Newbie Leverage

This is a discussion on Newbie Leverage within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Use the maximum available leverage to ensure the biggest profits...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:29pm   #9

Joined Oct 2015
Use the maximum available leverage to ensure the biggest profits

Last edited by Kaeso; Oct 1, 2017 at 4:43am.
Kaeso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:06am   #10
Joined May 2012
Preferably zero. Trading is a speculative activity with only two possible outcome. You either loose or make money. Unfortunately the odds are stacked against a newbie with only one likely outcome. The main objective of a newbie is to survive long enough to acquire the necessary trading skills. Leverage unfortunately accelerate the path to a blown account because it compounds risk.

Professional traders in contrast take on no leverage or very little.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:19pm   #11
Joined Apr 2017
Peter Borren started this thread Many experienced traders said that for the beginners safe leverage ratio is 1:100and according to me it right because these leverage ratio make us possible to trade with low lot or margin per order. So, with small deposit only , we can start trading and maybe also could cover several loss before get margin call.
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:45pm   #12
Joined Aug 2017
Just my opinion, (so please ignore without issue!!)

Start small, if you can run a £500 account properly it will bring profit. Only risk what you can genuinely afford to lose. Losses are a part of trading. No way around it. If some trader comes on and tells you he or she makes loads of profit every week with no downside - they are not telling the truth!!! Rubbish. Trading can be profitable but like anything takes allot of work. I have worked 18hr days some weeks and still come out at a loss. For me the turning point was wen I realised that risk management is key. Understand the downside, set a limit, don't be afraid to run the winners.
Stormy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:19am   #13
Joined Apr 2017
Peter Borren started this thread I have seen in order to me, Many traders consider leverage as a borrowed of money. But in order to me , it is not a borrowed money but you use your money (capital) as leverage. Meaning you are betting your own money and increase or decrease the stake of risk by increasing or decreasing your leverage. for example if you use 1:100 leverage that mean if you going to incur loses your loses will be 100 times that your actual loses or if you make profit your profit will be 100 times more than the actual profit.
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote