Forex Mentor is useful or Not ?

This is a discussion on Forex Mentor is useful or Not ? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I have been trading Forex from 2 year. But honestly speaking , I am not a profitable trader. I need ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:10am   #1
Joined Apr 2017
Forex Mentor is useful or Not ?

I have been trading Forex from 2 year. But honestly speaking , I am not a profitable trader. I need to know from the seniors,

I have to follow any Forex mentor or not. ? otherwise what i should do ?
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:51pm   #2
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Borren View Post
I have been trading Forex from 2 year. But honestly speaking , I am not a profitable trader. I need to know from the seniors,

I have to follow any Forex mentor or not. ? otherwise what i should do ?
95 % lose and end up teaching and mentoring , a google search with confirm this , they are like the blind leading the blind.So you have to be careful and lucky to find a a decent mentor.Most failed to find the map to the trading gold.

Good luck and hope you find a great mentor.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:09pm   #3
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
95 % lose and end up teaching and mentoring , a google search with confirm this , they are like the blind leading the blind.So you have to be careful and lucky to find a a decent mentor.Most failed to find the map to the trading gold.

Good luck and hope you find a great mentor.
Trading industry provides quite luring opportunities to earn risk-free.. by teaching others. As far as there are wannabe traders who can afford education. But this education goes to the level of qualification of mentor and if he failed in trading then how he can teach you to success. Makes no sense
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:36pm   #4
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Trading industry provides quite luring opportunities to earn risk-free.. by teaching others. As far as there are wannabe traders who can afford education. But this education goes to the level of qualification of mentor and if he failed in trading then how he can teach you to success. Makes no sense
I was going taunt BARJON to marry her , so he knows the mind of a woman and his limitations.

foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:08am   #5
Joined Jan 2006
Dear Peter Borren,
yes, getting a mentor is a constructive positive step in your trading career.
A mentor can help you with issues that you are struggling as well as help you identify development areas that you may not be aware of.

Yes, it's not easy to find a good mentor. But you will be able to pick up things from a mentor, even if the mentor has not been a star-trader themselves.

Good luck.
__________________
Check out my FX trading blog - updated 5-8 times a month - entertaining and educational!

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:50am   #6
Joined Apr 2017
Peter Borren started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by options-george View Post
Dear Peter Borren,
yes, getting a mentor is a constructive positive step in your trading career.
A mentor can help you with issues that you are struggling as well as help you identify development areas that you may not be aware of.

Yes, it's not easy to find a good mentor. But you will be able to pick up things from a mentor, even if the mentor has not been a star-trader themselves.

Good luck.
Thank you Sir. Nice. I found already a good trader but how can I judge him , is he a good mentor or not ?
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:07pm   #7
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Borren View Post
Thank you Sir. Nice. I found already a good trader but how can I judge him , is he a good mentor or not ?
Check:
Has he mentored other traders before? How did they turn out?
Has he coaching experience in other fields e.g. sports, professional courses, instruction
Is he motivated to help you and work with you, or is it something that he would view as a chore that he would rather do without with?
How do you and him click together?

There is no harm in doing some sessions together (even if you have to pay him for it), and seeing how you feel about it.

Bear in mind, that it's possible for him to be a good trader yet not be good at coaching/mentoring. It's a different skillset.
__________________
Check out my FX trading blog - updated 5-8 times a month - entertaining and educational!

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:33pm   #8
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by options-george View Post
Check:
Has he mentored other traders before? How did they turn out?
Has he coaching experience in other fields e.g. sports, professional courses, instruction
Is he motivated to help you and work with you, or is it something that he would view as a chore that he would rather do without with?
How do you and him click together?

There is no harm in doing some sessions together (even if you have to pay him for it), and seeing how you feel about it.

Bear in mind, that it's possible for him to be a good trader yet not be good at coaching/mentoring. It's a different skillset.
He should see live accounts and live account trades , called in advance for at least 1 month , before parting with a dime.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dilemma Choosing Forex Mentor/Course Unreal General Trading Chat 41 Aug 23, 2016 9:25am
Seeking forex MENTOR oceanoforex Forex 1 Feb 10, 2014 9:12pm
Forex Strategies Mentor iMetaG Educational Resources 0 Dec 13, 2011 5:03pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)