Hedging question. you like it ?

This is a discussion on Hedging question. you like it ? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; My trading career right now, I am not willing to hedging at all , because I have bad experience when ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:31am   #1
Joined Apr 2017
Hedging question. you like it ?

My trading career right now, I am not willing to hedging at all , because I have bad experience when work using hedging , loss more wider than recover loss, hard part using hedging when should open lock hedging , this is like as dilemma, if good in analysis might possible become profit , but if wrong the way also will making loss more.
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:08am   #2
Joined Feb 2002
I never hedge positions, in stocks or forex. Opening and running a trade and a hedge position costs two sets of commission / spreads / overnight charges, and serves mostly to ensure that profits are capped as well as risks.

For me, the best insurance against loss is more profit (and more profit).
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:28am   #3
Joined Apr 2017
Peter Borren started this thread By hedging actually we can protect the trading account from a sudden blow up but here we have to keep eye on the spreads because if we keep on hedging, we will keep on decreasing the remaining pips number.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:23pm   #4
Joined Feb 2002
I don't mind if I lose the whole account in a once-in-a-decade blow-up, most of my capital is not exposed to the forex market.

But don't forget there are positive black swans as well as the regular account-killer black swans.
e.g. I should, by my own TA, have been short the EUR/CHF from mid-2014. That would placed me perfectly for the shock of 15/01/15. It will be the regret of my life that I wasn't in position.

Obviously, a hedge position would have neutralised that gain even if I had been short.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options-george
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:57pm   #5
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
if the market spikes and you are not with a good broker you are dead anyway .....the move will cut you both ways and wipe you out

such is life ...
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:37pm   #6
Joined Oct 2011
yeah, I cant actually say if its good or bad, but i guess it has its uses, the way i look at things is simply that there is benifit to it if done correctly, but can cost you if you are wrong. so basically if you are to hedge i guess hedge wisely.
ph_trader is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:00pm   #7
Joined Apr 2017
Peter Borren started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph_trader View Post
yeah, I cant actually say if its good or bad, but i guess it has its uses, the way i look at things is simply that there is benifit to it if done correctly, but can cost you if you are wrong. so basically if you are to hedge i guess hedge wisely.
Yes , it is quite difficult to make sure hedging is useful or not. You have any proper time management when it is more appropriate to use ?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:00pm   #8
Joined Apr 2017
Peter Borren started this thread At present I am not willing to hedging at all , because I have bad experience when work using hedging , loss more wider than recover loss, hard part using hedging when should open lock hedging , this is like as dilemma, if good in analysis might possible become profit , but if wrong the way also will making loss more.