Advanced Structured Forex Trading

This is a discussion on Advanced Structured Forex Trading within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hello and Welcome All! This is an Advanced Trading Concepts Thread for Structured Trades . This is a thread geared ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 11, 2006, 2:39am   #1

Joined Dec 2004
Advanced Structured Forex Trading

Hello and Welcome All!

This is an Advanced Trading Concepts Thread for Structured Trades.

This is a thread geared specifically to accelerate a portion of my private research by conducting Public Certification Tests of a new trading technology for non-commercial use. This system is not for sale, lease, or in any way will be offered as a paid-for service. Though there is absolutely nothing wrong with offering trading services of various kinds, this is not for sale. This is the final stage of a 6 year long research project culminating in the final public trials.

Some components of the system are still in BETA, while other components have moved on to the Certification stage. These are the critical final stages that have been created for the purposes of closing this development program/project and moving 100% into full Production Mode revenue generating trading. I like doing public trials, as they provide a psychological confirmation process that goes beyond merely blind private test confirmations.

You may or may not learn anything from this thread. Some will be able to quickly catch on to the concepts discussed here, while others might not. Please feel free to offer your on subject, on topic, relevant input in the form of questions, concerns, or specific comments regarding this thread.

Immature, petty, childish, offending, insulting, or rude posts will be immediately rejected and left un-responded to. This thread created by an Adult, for Adults and with Adult topics in mind (no not that kind - lol! This is at heart a "G" Rated thread, though serious topics might get discussed). If you find that you are un-interested in this thread, please offer the same respect that you would wish in your thread and depart company respectfuly.

Iím looking for a couple Advanced Traders to work out a few issues. You will need the ability to trade the same currency pair in two different directions simultaneously without issues. You need to know how to use a Limit Order without issues. You need to already have in place, 24 Ė 48 hour pivots for the EURUSD and all other major pairs that contain the USD as either the base or the counter currency.

The goal is to locate the optimal framework within which certain types of trade set-ups will work a high percentage of the time with the system pic that you see in this thread.

This is not a guessing thread, fingers crossed thread, best Christmas wish thread, happy birthday I just traded against news that should have gone the other way thread, Iím the center of attention thread, or Iím a frantic trader looking to jump the first thing that moves thread. This will be an Advanced Trading Concepts Thread with discipline at its core looking to tweak, modify, alter, adjust and spool-up a highly precise trading system.

The basic trade structures will sometimes involved Naked Trades or what I call Covered Pair Trades. The Nake Trades will simply be entering in a single direction with no cover. The Covered Pair Trades will often times include three (3) different trades at the same time. Some will involve four (4) simultaneous trades. The variations on those two themes are what will be at issue here. All Nake Trades will involve the simultaneous entry of a Long and Short Trade with what I call Apex Trades at certain points down-range or up-range in the market.

It has been said that 90% of all new Forex traders either quit or get their lunch taken from them in the school cafeteria. My goal is to become a permanent member of the top 1% of the top 10%, to join the top .01% of all traders. Whatever your goals are, I wish you the best!

If you wish to be a part of my final round of research, then please check-in and introduce yourself below within the next couple of days until I return. In the mean time, please feel free to chat amongst yourselves. Iíll go into further details at that time and post my first Structured Trade, should there be enough open interest in this thread.

Enjoy the week!

Best Regards,
7thSignalTrader

P.S. Below is a pic of the trading technology that I use. It is loaded with EURUSD data. I want to compare trades against other USD encumbered pairs using the same Trade Structures but with different/YOUR pivots for a ďrelativeĒ comparison test of sorts. The trading system that you see here took 6 years to build and I am in the final phase of development/testing/BETA and Certification of certain aspects of the system. This thread is but one small part of the entire project scope that I am current engaged in right now. This should give you some idea of whatís behind this thread.

Absolutely NOTHING is for sale. Iím not a fund manager, financial planner, trading coach, trading mentor, or salesman. Iím a researcher, engineer and trader (among other things) trying to complete a project. Along the way, you might learn something about a new and different way to trade. I have charts, but I do not use them other than for confirmation of the Trading Panel that you see in this pic. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
feb-10-2006.jpg  
7thSignalTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:17pm   #2

Joined Aug 2005
Hello, do you know Tradevector at all?
fxmarkets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:37pm   #3
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxmarkets
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:44pm   #4

Joined Aug 2005
i read a similar type thread a few months back ,in the archives, based on velocity, completely specified by a magnitude and a direction with regards to price , similar historical work input, and request for testers. sounded familiar.
fxmarkets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:36pm   #5
Joined Jan 2006
Hello 7ST,

I'm an experienced trader. I'd be willing to provide my existing pivot levels across the six major pairs in the dollar block. Will be interesting to compare the traditional stuff to your system's levels. Ready when you are.
Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:33am   #6

Joined Dec 2004
7thSignalTrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch
Hello 7ST,

I'm an experienced trader. I'd be willing to provide my existing pivot levels across the six major pairs in the dollar block. Will be interesting to compare the traditional stuff to your system's levels. Ready when you are.

Sounds good to me! I trade the EURUSD as you can probably tell by the prices in the Dashboard. But, I'd like to try some stuff using the other USD tied majors and some conventional pivots. I'd also hope to find traders that have unconventional pivots that they have developed away from the traditional "R-Type" pivots. But, I need these to be in the 24 to 48 hour range. Any further than that and the comparisons become muted and eventually completely moot.

Are your pivots within that time-frame?

Do you trade more than one pair per week, or do you focus on just one at a time?

How many years of trading experience (round number is fine)?

Likewise, to avoide getting side-tracked - do you know of other traders with "their own" unique 24-48 hour pivots on these particular pairs?

Thanks for the on-topic response!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCollaborativeFX

Last edited by 7thSignalTrader; Feb 13, 2006 at 1:44am.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:39am   #7

Joined Dec 2004
7thSignalTrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxmarkets
The trading technology GUI that you see in this thread has been in Prototype form for almost 5 years and in Production form for almost 1 year. I've been in the online trading community for about 6 years total. This trading system has passed through several generations of code, from the 1st Generation to the now current 5th Generation. In each prototype phase, I gave the system a unique identifier to separate it from its previous generation.

The 1st Generation of code was the "TradeVector" prototpye. I used that userid online as the TradeVector project was a spin-off from the very first "X"-project when the system had no name. The 2nd Generation of code was the "StealthTrader" prototype and I used that userid online for quite sometime as the system grew. Because there was major overlap in the code and major rapid change in the underlying system, I tended to use StealthTrader AND TradeVector online at the same time identifying TradeVector as the creator of StealthTrader (for online purposes). However, there were basically two system concepts being designed at the same time. Most will know me by StealthTrader, the original.

Over the years and as the system grew through its generations of code changes and system prototype identifiers/names (userid), I eventually Certified the application and converted it from Prototype, to Production. The Production name for the trading application is 7thSignalTrader. It is the first production version of the system now in its 5th generation of code at version 6.0.

Multiple prototype names, multiple userids to represent the generational gaps over the course of multiple years (6 to be exact), and in every case, always discussing the exact same content, issues and substance relative to the excact same system as it developed over the years regardless of the prototype name, code generation or application version number. I could have done things differently, but that is the way I chose to do them. Another person might choose a different path.

I also have other userids for aviation sites, math sites, science sites, politics, sports, cars, business, art, etc. I don't use the same userid on every site I've ever visited on the internet and I'm not sure who does do that. 7thSignalTrader, does not work at www.aviationforum.org, or www.airliners.net, etc - it just does not fit. So, I use a relevant userid for the type of forum I'm using.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCollaborativeFX