The 3 Duck's Trading System

This is a discussion on The 3 Duck's Trading System within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I misclicked and closed oil early. It would hit my TP to the pip.... http://i.imgur.com/2eRmLiZ.png...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12, 2017, 8:49pm   #3121

Joined Jul 2008
I misclicked and closed oil early. It would hit my TP to the pip....

http://i.imgur.com/2eRmLiZ.png
acharyadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 8:52pm   #3122

Joined Jul 2008
Did I miss something when entering short on London open on NZDCAD? Should I not open the trade? http://i.imgur.com/8pmvTPa.png
acharyadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 9:02pm   #3123

Joined Jul 2008
EUR JPY long from Monday maybe?

http://i.imgur.com/7O4YSEo.png
Old May 13, 2017, 4:19am   #3124
Joined Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Currency View Post
4 hour chart (1st Duck) is a good starting point.

This free guide might help you (might not), either way it's worth a quick read: How to Search the Market for Profitable Clues

Andy
Captain Currency
Thanks Captain, that is good read.
csc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Captain Currency
Old May 20, 2017, 3:01am   #3125
Joined Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Currency View Post
Hello Traders,

Just thought I would share The 3 Duck's Trading System with you.
STOP LOSS FOR HIGHER FRAMES + (different topic) 3-FRAME INDICATOR

Hi Capt. and other Duck Hunters,

SL FOR HIGHER FRAMES: Captain, your default stop loss for the D1, H4, M5 combo is 30 pips. Seems like that's comparable to trading the H4. Am I correct? Anyhow, if I were to trade a combo like W1, D1, H4, what would be the best way to determine the comparable stop loss? Seems like it should be in proportion to the ATRs. For example, if the ATR on the H4 of a pair is 25, and the ATR on the D1 (for the higher combo) for the same pair is 75, the ATR on the D1 is 3 times the ATR on the H4. Therefore, it seems, to get the comparable stop for the higher combo, I'd multiply 30 pips by 3, which would be a 90 pip stop loss for the D1. Make sense? Is there a better way?

INDICATOR: Can anyone direct me to an indicator that would show the relation of price to the 60 SMA for the three frames of a 3-time-frame-combo simultaneously, on the same frame, so I wouldn't have to keep flipping from frame to frame (for multiple pairs)? Preferably one with visuals as opposed to simply text? If it's an EA that has that feature, but one where I could turn off the auto trade function, that would be cool, too.

Thank you!
Norm
TraderNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 12:07pm   #3126
Joined Jul 2016
Forex Trading is very risky and it will not always work with one strategy, you need to learn a lot to survive in Forex.
SmartGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 10:10pm   #3127
Joined Jul 2015
"Forex Trading is very risky and it will not always work with one strategy, you need to learn a lot to survive in Forex."

Hi SmartGeek,

I can't tell if your above statement was intended for me per my queries above. If it was, do you have an answer to my questions?

Thanks,
Norm
TraderNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:57pm   #3128

Joined Sep 2008
In the interests of research and fun I decided to place 100 trades (on my dummy a/c!) using the Three Ducks rules, and to record interesting features thereof.

The first one that struck me (trade #8) gave a buy signal on AUD/USD, but immediately below strong resistance around 7677. Would seasoned Duckies take such a trade, or move on in search of softer targets?
roughbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:43pm   #3129

Joined Sep 2008
Just 22 trades in to my 3 Ducks trial. Checking the 4H and 1H before choosing an entry point on the 5M is such a simple and effective discipline.

Retaining the good Captain's rules, I am adding others as I go, like not taking the bait when strong resistance lies ahead of my bet.

Unfortunately I have to spend time away from the keyboard, and my fear is that I will return to find that the price popped up 100 pips then fell back onto my stop. So I place modest targets, and unfortunately these are getting hit. Despite this, so far I have won 183 pips and lost 126. Mostly using quite tight stops, which I move up whenever it seems practical.
roughbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:06pm   #3130

Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbert View Post
... The first one that struck me (trade #8) gave a buy signal on AUD/USD, but immediately below strong resistance around 7677. Would seasoned Duckies take such a trade, or move on in search of softer targets?
Let the dog see the rabbit, uploading a chart or two always helps

Andy
Captain Currency
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote