Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

This is a discussion on Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by insidergates yes indeed nothing today, getting married tomorrow so may have to have a day off, ofcourse ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:38am   #61

Joined Apr 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

mark120169 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidergates View Post
yes indeed nothing today, getting married tomorrow so may have to have a day off, ofcourse if the hotel has wifi then see you at 6:30 as usual!!
Good Luck. Remind her on monday she said for Richer or Poorer, and you are hooked on Forex spreadbetting so it could be the latter quiet quickly!

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:39am   #62
Joined Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbu001 View Post
Can you tell me how?
Thanks
John
go to your user control panel. look down the left menu, select "list subscriptions" then change the options, see image attached

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
sub.jpg  
gbdru2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:46am   #63

Joined Feb 2010

22-07-10-pf-advanced-chart.jpg

here's my advanced chart, 3 red MA lines, 7 black. YOu can see the MA changed from black to red again after 6.30, and now gone black again - just shows how flat it was that the MA can switch about a bit even by relatively small price movements.
Visual confirmation of no NT trade within 1/2 a second of looking. and so it proved today.
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:56am   #64
Joined Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
Attachment 87738

here's my advanced chart, 3 red MA lines, 7 black. YOu can see the MA changed from black to red again after 6.30, and now gone black again - just shows how flat it was that the MA can switch about a bit even by relatively small price movements.
Visual confirmation of no NT trade within 1/2 a second of looking. and so it proved today.
Hi Peter,

I'm assuming you are colouring the "up" and "down" of the MA to get the red and black?

Something to think about but you need to round the values to get the true picture. I think these values are based on the raw data? ie the decimal place?

for example if the MA was 36.7 and then went to 36.6, this would show a black for the second bar (i.e down) whereas if you round as per rules they both become 37 and are flat

Cheers
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:31am   #65

Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbdru2 View Post
Hi Peter,

I'm assuming you are colouring the "up" and "down" of the MA to get the red and black?

Something to think about but you need to round the values to get the true picture. I think these values are based on the raw data? ie the decimal place?

for example if the MA was 36.7 and then went to 36.6, this would show a black for the second bar (i.e down) whereas if you round as per rules they both become 37 and are flat

Cheers
Advanced charts dont show decimal figs, but they do colour red/black (as I set it) for any drop even in the decimal, as you say, so it can't colour for flat. It's just a visial for me, but as I said, all the data behind the 4.00 looked very flat as well, with small price movements affecting the MA up/down, so that was a bit of discretion from me I conceed.

Mondays RH update will be intresting to see if he calls a no trade, or a buy but no trigger.
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:35am   #66
Joined Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
Advanced charts dont show decimal figs, but they do colour red/black (as I set it) for any drop even in the decimal, as you say, so it can't colour for flat. It's just a visial for me, but as I said, all the data behind the 4.00 looked very flat as well, with small price movements affecting the MA up/down, so that was a bit of discretion from me I conceed.

Mondays RH update will be intresting to see if he calls a no trade, or a buy but no trigger.
Hi, I think the advanced charts treat 'Flat' as an uptrend.. hence you'd get two the same when you should have a difference really..

no biggie but something to be aware of
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:26pm   #67
Joined Mar 2010

Peter, Gbdru2, and anyone else that's interested...

I recently queried the code provided by Gbdru2 for displaying Camarilla Pivot Points on advanced charts. The monday pivot points looked wrong as they were the same as for friday. I made a small tweak to Gbdru2's code so the monday points are now correct (so now based on fridays data instead of thursdays). I also removed the s1,s2, r1 & r2 levels as personal preference.

This is my code (but credit to Gbdru2 for the original!) in case anyone wants to use it:

if dayofweek=0 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( DCLOSE (2) )
endif
if dayofweek=1 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( DCLOSE (2) )
endif
if dayofweek>1 then
H = ( DHIGH(1) )
L = ( DLOW(1) )
C = ( DCLOSE (1) )
endif

PP = C

R3 = ((H-L)*1.1)/4+C
R4 = ((H-L)*1.1)/2+C

S3 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/4
S4 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/2

RETURN PP COLOURED(0,0,0) AS "CAM PP" ,R3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAM R3" ,R4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAM R4",S3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAM S3" ,S4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAM S4"

Screen shot attached to prove it works!
Matt.
Attached Thumbnails
capture.jpg  
pips ahoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:19pm   #68
Joined Jun 2010

Hey guys,

I made it here at last! Just catching up, working my way through the threads and hope to post again soon.

Good to see you all here, bring on the banter! :-)
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:17pm   #69
Joined May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pips ahoy! View Post
Peter, Gbdru2, and anyone else that's interested..

Matt.
How did you manage to bring it up in the price window rather than below it?
Tanguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:24am   #70
Joined Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pips ahoy! View Post
Peter, Gbdru2, and anyone else that's interested...

I recently queried the code provided by Gbdru2 for displaying Camarilla Pivot Points on advanced charts. The monday pivot points looked wrong as they were the same as for friday. I made a small tweak to Gbdru2's code so the monday points are now correct (so now based on fridays data instead of thursdays). I also removed the s1,s2, r1 & r2 levels as personal preference.

This is my code (but credit to Gbdru2 for the original!) in case anyone wants to use it:

if dayofweek=0 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( DCLOSE (2) )
endif
if dayofweek=1 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( DCLOSE (2) )
endif
if dayofweek>1 then
H = ( DHIGH(1) )
L = ( DLOW(1) )
C = ( DCLOSE (1) )
endif

PP = C

R3 = ((H-L)*1.1)/4+C
R4 = ((H-L)*1.1)/2+C

S3 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/4
S4 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/2

RETURN PP COLOURED(0,0,0) AS "CAM PP" ,R3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAM R3" ,R4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAM R4",S3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAM S3" ,S4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAM S4"

Matt.
Hey Matt,

This code has an error in the calculation of PP as per Peter's point. It will calculate based on Fridays data but the wrong PP level.

You are also calculating Sundays data wrongly - DCLOSE(2) etc means look at data 2 days ago, i.e Still Thursday

I have created a new thread with the correct code in post 1. Have a look -

Cheers
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:25am   #71
Joined Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanguero View Post
How did you manage to bring it up in the price window rather than below it?
Hi Tang,

click on the little Spanner (wrench) icon in the main chart, then just add the indicator and configure it

Cheers
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:25am   #72

Joined Apr 2010

mark120169 started this thread Long today!

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:30am   #73
Joined Jun 2010

Long at 15298 everyone?
BigDunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:31am   #74
Joined May 2010

Long at 298
FxMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:32am   #75
Joined Jul 2008

It's long but 1.53 is strong resistance and just above yesterday's high. strictly the entry is 98 but I'm putting my entry above at 03 for safety
gav2e is offline   Reply With Quote