Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

This is a discussion on Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the Specialists' Corner category; Originally Posted by gav2e Hi All I was an occasional poster on the previous thread and recently not much at ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:36pm   #25
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

mark120169 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by gav2e View Post
Hi All

I was an occasional poster on the previous thread and recently not much at all, so all in all a 'semi-lurker'. Two reasons why, firstly don't really have the time because of other business pressures and secondly, have not had much to add to the debate really, hence the lurking. I must admit, I've got a bit confused lately with all the references to various indicators, but I think it's a good thing to try and improve NT if at all possible. Some of you doing a commendable job experimenting and sharing. Time will tell with all the jiggling around with targets, stop losses, etc. The debate has got a bit complex of late and I glaze over a bit if it gets too technical, I prefer to keep it simple, which was the initial appeal of NT. Anyway, keep up the good work - I shall be lurking in earnest but I will try to contribute more often and above all usefully.

Cheers

Gavin
I will be posting live trade / testing results since 17/5/10 for over 10 NT variants trade matched to RH results soon, just need to tidy up my spreadsheet to make it more presentable for mass consumption.

Watch this space.

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:25pm   #26
 
peterf1966's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Pete, I'm all up for lots of other threads but should the morning NT trade be all on one thread that is added to daily like the SFT forum NT thread.

Then we can have different threads for day trades, indicators, results, off topic etc.

I think what RT meant was one thread like this one for the daily morning trade to confirm long / short / MA clear by XXX etc and how that trade goes.

You have to remember that with a different thread for each day then ;

A) We will end up with the oppsoite problem to before, rather than one thread that migrated to everything NT related and day trades /off topic we will end up with +230 daily trade threads a year, and no one thread will remain at the top of the forum becasue once that day is over it wont get added to and will drop down the rankings.

B) You get auto email notifications of theads you are active in. I now get several emails a day from this and the old thread every time someone adds a new post if it's a new thread for each day it will end up like FNT spam.

C) Someone has to be responsible for creating the daily thread, and sure as eggs sometime soon two or three peeps will log on at the same time, see no daily thread and all create on within seconds of each other. This will then confuse every one where to go and admin (SAT & me) will have to constantly muck around merging threads when this happens.

Just my thoughts but this is open to discussion.

M
OK Mark, Use your godlike Admin powers to delete the thread I put on, or call it something else - Daily NT trade discussion or similar.
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:32pm   #27
Joined Apr 2008
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Pete, I'm all up for lots of other threads but should the morning NT trade be all on one thread that is added to daily like the SFT forum NT thread.

Then we can have different threads for day trades, indicators, results, off topic etc.

I think what RT meant was one thread like this one for the daily morning trade to confirm long / short / MA clear by XXX etc and how that trade goes.

You have to remember that with a different thread for each day then ;

A) We will end up with the oppsoite problem to before, rather than one thread that migrated to everything NT related and day trades /off topic we will end up with +230 daily trade threads a year, and no one thread will remain at the top of the forum becasue once that day is over it wont get added to and will drop down the rankings.

B) You get auto email notifications of theads you are active in. I now get several emails a day from this and the old thread every time someone adds a new post if it's a new thread for each day it will end up like FNT spam.

C) Someone has to be responsible for creating the daily thread, and sure as eggs sometime soon two or three peeps will log on at the same time, see no daily thread and all create on within seconds of each other. This will then confuse every one where to go and admin (SAT & me) will have to constantly muck around merging threads when this happens.

Just my thoughts but this is open to discussion.

M
decisions, decisions!

I think there should just be one thread for the daily signals. We just need to make sure all other banter, non-relevant trades, other stuff goes elsewhere.
The thread should be as boring as the SFT one.
Rugby Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:44pm   #28
Joined May 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Pete, I'm all up for lots of other threads but should the morning NT trade be all on one thread that is added to daily like the SFT forum NT thread.

Then we can have different threads for day trades, indicators, results, off topic etc.

I think what RT meant was one thread like this one for the daily morning trade to confirm long / short / MA clear by XXX etc and how that trade goes.

You have to remember that with a different thread for each day then ;

A) We will end up with the oppsoite problem to before, rather than one thread that migrated to everything NT related and day trades /off topic we will end up with +230 daily trade threads a year, and no one thread will remain at the top of the forum becasue once that day is over it wont get added to and will drop down the rankings.

B) You get auto email notifications of theads you are active in. I now get several emails a day from this and the old thread every time someone adds a new post if it's a new thread for each day it will end up like FNT spam.

C) Someone has to be responsible for creating the daily thread, and sure as eggs sometime soon two or three peeps will log on at the same time, see no daily thread and all create on within seconds of each other. This will then confuse every one where to go and admin (SAT & me) will have to constantly muck around merging threads when this happens.

Just my thoughts but this is open to discussion.

M
This makes sense to me , whilst any member can create a new thread, perhaps We should attempt to keep the number of threads fairly small ,otherwise it could start to get difficult to find things.
Claviceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:10pm   #29
Joined Mar 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
Already set up a thread for tomorrow now.

btw, my indicator of trade or not to trade is based on NT rules, which I can have idenified by colour coding the 40MA (wow I can say it!) in my IG advanced chart.

It turns red if it is down from the last candle, and black if it goes up from the last candle, so no need to be counting all those UUU,DDD, and FFF's. I also deduct the 6.15candle from the 4.00 candle, using all the decimals. If this is more than 1 or -1, and there are not more than 2 consecutive red or black MA lines running contra to the main trend, then that is good to go according to NT rules.

This morning was 5 Red / then 5 black, with no net change in the 40MA, 15276, to 15274, back to 15276. The advanced chart uses mid price btw, see below. Dramatic candle at 7.45 eh?


Thge coloured horizontal lines are my CAM levels, and currently price just touched S4 and bounced off again...

Attachment 87696
Wow, I like this setup of yours - do you have to apply for Advanced charts or doe sit come standard ?
SA Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:15pm   #30
Joined Mar 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

OK guys, I have a total of 44 'qualified' Net Trappers who have passed the test with me, so sooner or later they shoudl all be on here...
SA Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:22pm   #31
Joined Jun 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Trader View Post
OK guys, I have a total of 44 'qualified' Net Trappers who have passed the test with me, so sooner or later they shoudl all be on here...
Hi Guys. I`ve found it at last, now i can start asking some serious questions! Regards Pat
greenraiderskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:57pm   #32
 
peterf1966's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
Re: Daily Forex Net Trap Trades and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Trader View Post
Wow, I like this setup of yours - do you have to apply for Advanced charts or doe sit come standard ?
Hi Graeme,

On IG, just enable advanced charts from your settings. Then to get the chart, click on the tab where you open your orders in Puredeal, and click on advanced chart for cable.
Takes 30 seconds or so to open a Java applet to run it, but once open, you can play about and get it how you want it.
So long as you use IG regularly they waive the £30/month they charge - yeah right, like anyone's going to actually pay.
The Cam levels are a custom indicator, you need the code for it, if you want it, I'll repost what GBDRU2 posted up a few weeks back.

The thread I opened up for tomorrows trade discussion - can you change it's name, or delete it, as the forum thinks that just one thread for trade discussions will do, and that can roll on.
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Richard Hill Forex Net Trap flinteng First Steps 5259 Sep 12, 2011 8:07am
Forex Net Trap SA Trader Forex Net Trap 6 Jun 28, 2010 1:44pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)