Tracking SLM Entry Delay

This is a discussion on Tracking SLM Entry Delay within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the Specialists' Corner category; Another 1 second morning today. I'm calling this as one of those issues the IT guys denied ever existed / ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 25, 2011, 6:56am   #17
 
AlexM's Avatar
Joined Mar 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

AlexM started this thread Another 1 second morning today.
I'm calling this as one of those issues the IT guys denied ever existed / blamed on unknown factors , , and then went off round the corner where lots of swearing and keyboard bashing took place while they found & fixed the problem but will never admit it.
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 8:07pm   #18
Joined Jun 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
Another 1 second morning today.
I'm calling this as one of those issues the IT guys denied ever existed / blamed on unknown factors , , and then went off round the corner where lots of swearing and keyboard bashing took place while they found & fixed the problem but will never admit it.
Virtual Dealer Plugin - Dealers in the US were caught and prosecuted for using it.
Please read the attached info it might be relevant.

Last edited by Sharky; Mar 18, 2016 at 4:43pm. Reason: Cease & Desist Removal
rob the bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 8:56pm   #19
 
peterf1966's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

1 minute and 2 pips today. I reset pip SL and TP accordingly, so skewing the RR.. At 6.30 and 2 seconds I hit an instant sell trade for 10p per pip. This won also so another £3, and before I left for work, as we were up a bit, I reset the TP for the +30, so no harm dome.

The instant trade happened instantly, while the EA's hesitated for 1 minute.

When I asked SLM a bit back,they mentioned it was the EA's fault - I don't think so, other's EA's (V4 AI/RT) seem to work on time. SLM also mentioned it might be a time sync issue? Does this mean I have a problem with by computers time, or is it something else, anyone know?
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 9:11pm   #20
Joined Jun 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
1 minute and 2 pips today. I reset pip SL and TP accordingly, so skewing the RR.. At 6.30 and 2 seconds I hit an instant sell trade for 10p per pip. This won also so another £3, and before I left for work, as we were up a bit, I reset the TP for the +30, so no harm dome.

The instant trade happened instantly, while the EA's hesitated for 1 minute.

When I asked SLM a bit back,they mentioned it was the EA's fault - I don't think so, other's EA's (V4 AI/RT) seem to work on time. SLM also mentioned it might be a time sync issue? Does this mean I have a problem with by computers time, or is it something else, anyone know?
If you have XP double left click the task bar clock - the date and time properties box should come up. Select the third tab internet time and update/synchronise it with a selected server of your choice and click apply. Not sure whether it's the same in windows 7.
rob the bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 9:44pm   #21
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

My 6.15 trade was a min late costing me a pip and a half this in turn made my tmmi trade miss +35 by 0.9 of a pip
jonboysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 10:08pm   #22
 
peterf1966's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the bank View Post
If you have XP double left click the task bar clock - the date and time properties box should come up. Select the third tab internet time and update/synchronise it with a selected server of your choice and click apply. Not sure whether it's the same in windows 7.
Thankyou Rob, I will try that, synced with time.nist.gov.
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 1:51am   #23
Joined Jun 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
Thankyou Rob, I will try that, synced with time.nist.gov.
Also something to note the internal battery keeps the clock going when your computer is switched off; if the battery is quite old or it's charging circuitry isn't working properly than that can affect the clock. The clock doesn't always update automatically with an internet time source on some machines (that's why it is wise to force update every so often). I have also noticed that at some point they have added lots of new update clock sources to the list, this didn't used to be the case. In the past there was only ever two and most of the time you could not reach either of them to sync your machine.
rob the bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 6:18am   #24
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Tracking SLM Entry Delay

Minute late this morning,cost me another 2 pips,this was after restarting MT4,interestingly after 6.15 EA is late,6.30 EA usually opens bang on time,not sure how to solve this
jonboysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting up an EA (Expert Advisor) on SLM (SmartLive Markets) using MetaTrader4 goldfinger777 Forex Net Trap 50 Jul 31, 2011 5:39pm
Tracking Trades fstmkt General Trading Chat 1 Nov 15, 2008 12:15am
Looking for a signal tracking service Tradercafe Forex 3 Mar 18, 2008 5:53pm
Tracking the trading.... *JDR* Trading Software 2 Aug 30, 2007 3:38pm
tracking performace with IB jmiles301 Educational Resources 0 Aug 1, 2006 2:00am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)