TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

This is a discussion on TulipFx' Kangaroo EA within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by jheaton yes, I think it is correct. Cheers,appreciate your help...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:09pm   #46
Joined Sep 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheaton View Post
yes, I think it is correct.
Cheers,appreciate your help
jonboysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 8:57am   #47
 
thomco's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

(Quote)"So far, never hit its stop loss", (unquote).
Until today that is.
Let's hope we don't have too many of them.
thomco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 9:06am   #48
 
surferking's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomco View Post
(Quote)"So far, never hit its stop loss", (unquote).
Until today that is.
Let's hope we don't have too many of them.
What makes you say that? I haven't had a stopped out trade today, yesterday or since using and the official results haven't either: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Tuli...ooea-cfx/56195
__________________

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 9:08am   #49
 
surferking's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboysport View Post
Ive just loaded this on my Mt4 and although ive set auto gmt set to true i`m an hour out although broker time is correct,any ideas Marcus?
Auto setting for time works fine for me on SLM, stick with that and monitor your results to compare with their myfxbook results.
__________________

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 9:41am   #50
 
thomco's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

Hi Surferking,
See attached screenshot.
kangarooea_audusd.gif
This was between last night and now.
Cheers
thomco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 10:53am   #51
 
surferking's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomco View Post
Hi Surferking,
See attached screenshot.
Attachment 112850
This was between last night and now.
Cheers
Strange, neither my demo or live trading EA took those trades on SLM SB accounts. My recommendations are:

1. Contact them to see if they think that should have happened or not (it is possible and does look like its normal trading pattern). Sent them your .set and log files to check your configuration of GMT offset and news filter etc.

2. Don't do anything manually, the EA does seems to take lots of trades (up to 6 by default on AUDUSD) that in total tend to net out to a profit, it really is set and forget so don't try to second-guess it.

I calculated that running the two side by side, if one did hit its stop then it should take about 4 weeks for the balance to recover with average performance. I probably don't need to tell you about being prepared to accept drawdowns in all systems, so hopefully you already know how to decide what works for you and over what period you are targeting for growth. For me, I am hoping Kangaroo will make an overall steady 100% year-on-year growth before compounding of the pot alongside some other strategies to smooth the overall growth curve. (although that may seem tame compared to this highly optimised Net Trap, it is still pretty good compared to so-called investment funds that promote smaller much annual returns but with similar risk levels).

Hope that helps
__________________

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 12:31pm   #52
Joined Apr 2008
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

I didn't have those trades either. One triggered last night at 23:00 (SLM time) and finished in profit.
Gregus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 12:50pm   #53
 
surferking's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus83 View Post
I didn't have those trades either. One triggered last night at 23:00 (SLM time) and finished in profit.
Yes, I also had that. +10 pips on EURUSD: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/surferking/glassy/99481
__________________

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 12:51pm   #54
 
thomco's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferking View Post
Strange, neither my demo or live trading EA took those trades on SLM SB accounts. My recommendations are:

1. Contact them to see if they think that should have happened or not (it is possible and does look like its normal trading pattern). Sent them your .set and log files to check your configuration of GMT offset and news filter etc.

2. Don't do anything manually, the EA does seems to take lots of trades (up to 6 by default on AUDUSD) that in total tend to net out to a profit, it really is set and forget so don't try to second-guess it.

I calculated that running the two side by side, if one did hit its stop then it should take about 4 weeks for the balance to recover with average performance. I probably don't need to tell you about being prepared to accept drawdowns in all systems, so hopefully you already know how to decide what works for you and over what period you are targeting for growth. For me, I am hoping Kangaroo will make an overall steady 100% year-on-year growth before compounding of the pot alongside some other strategies to smooth the overall growth curve. (although that may seem tame compared to this highly optimised Net Trap, it is still pretty good compared to so-called investment funds that promote smaller much annual returns but with similar risk levels).

Hope that helps
Thanks Surferking and also Gregus for your confirmation,

I have sent an email to Dutch with the files and an explanation.

And also asked if anyone else has been affected (or is it just me )

I will keep you informed of the outcome.

Cheers.
thomco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 1:07pm   #55
 
surferking's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomco View Post
Thanks Surferking and also Gregus for your confirmation,

I have sent an email to Dutch with the files and an explanation.

And also asked if anyone else has been affected (or is it just me )

I will keep you informed of the outcome.

Cheers.
I've re-checked your time settings in the screenshot and they match mine. I can't see anything wrong from that and we should technically have the same data feed as I have the same SLM SB live account so all I can think is that maybe your news filter wasn't working at the time. I am also on the latest version of v6.0 which included a minor improvement for working on build 399 of MT4. I recommend updating to the latest build of MT4 and re-downloading and installing the latest v6.0 if you haven't already just as a precaution given your different result to mine.
__________________

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 1:08pm   #56
 
surferking's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

surferking started this thread Also, in future, you should be able to see Open Trades on my "Glassy" signature link so use them for confirmation and message me if you have a different trade open that I don't.
__________________

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 1:36pm   #57
Joined May 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferking View Post
Also, in future, you should be able to see Open Trades on my "Glassy" signature link so use them for confirmation and message me if you have a different trade open that I don't.
Must admit surferking this does look good think i will jump aboard at end of month ,just to confirm does the deal run till end of may for trappers?
seems very professional
Dan
yidos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 2:12pm   #58
 
surferking's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by yidos1 View Post
Must admit surferking this does look good think i will jump aboard at end of month ,just to confirm does the deal run till end of may for trappers?
seems very professional
Dan
Email them and ask, tell them Marcus recommended you from T2W private forum, can't hurt to ask.

I'm not a fan of black-box systems in general but this one seems like a rare find with intelligent programming and logic so this seems exceptional.

For me it's all about the power of compounding and patience so I'd rather have 10 slow-growers than one high-flyer. The bigger the pot, the more diversification is important. I will soon be diversifying across many brokers too since SpreadBetting isn't necessary for me to save on Tax.

Eggs and baskets and all that.
__________________

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 2:30pm   #59
Joined Dec 2008
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferking View Post
Email them and ask, tell them Marcus recommended you from T2W private forum, can't hurt to ask.

I'm not a fan of black-box systems in general but this one seems like a rare find with intelligent programming and logic so this seems exceptional.

For me it's all about the power of compounding and patience so I'd rather have 10 slow-growers than one high-flyer. The bigger the pot, the more diversification is important. I will soon be diversifying across many brokers too since SpreadBetting isn't necessary for me to save on Tax.

Eggs and baskets and all that.
I was having a look at this earlier today and the discount code still works. Will probably order in the next day or two when I've done a bit more reading up.
captainscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 3:06pm   #60
Joined Sep 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomco View Post
Hi Surferking,
See attached screenshot.
Attachment 112850
This was between last night and now.
Cheers
Mine didnt take those trades either and im on SLM
jonboysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)