TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

This is a discussion on TulipFx' Kangaroo EA within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Is that a triple top I see in kangaroo's equity curve?? http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Tuli...ooea-cfx/56195...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:22am   #166
Joined Jun 2010
Re: TulipFx' Kangaroo EA

Is that a triple top I see in kangaroo's equity curve??
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Tuli...ooea-cfx/56195
Hogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:09pm   #167

Joined Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogs View Post
Is that a triple top I see in kangaroo's equity curve??
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Tuli...ooea-cfx/56195
Great, thanks for that. It's probably going to tank again now after you said that.

On the plus side tulip has suspended the monthly sub for existing members and said that they are removing the EU pair off their own account for now until the US stabilizes a bit. Good move on their part to keep their remaining customers.

Not certain how many people are still running this but I sure have dialed the risk setting right down and removed the EU. I would probably have ended my sub as it is unlikeley to make enough to cover it at these settings. As it is with free monthly subs I'll see how it goes over the next 3 months or so before making a final decision.
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:03pm   #168
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
Great, thanks for that. It's probably going to tank again now after you said that.

On the plus side tulip has suspended the monthly sub for existing members and said that they are removing the EU pair off their own account for now until the US stabilizes a bit. Good move on their part to keep their remaining customers.

Not certain how many people are still running this but I sure have dialed the risk setting right down and removed the EU. I would probably have ended my sub as it is unlikeley to make enough to cover it at these settings. As it is with free monthly subs I'll see how it goes over the next 3 months or so before making a final decision.
when did they suspend the sub Alex?
jonboysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:13pm   #169

Joined Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboysport View Post
when did they suspend the sub Alex?
There was a message on the forum on Sunday night saying that you could log in to your plimus account (good luck finding your login details) and cancel the payments but that the EA would still authenticate. I have done this and it is still enabled.

They did say that the v6.3 would be out on Monday (past) but it has not appeared yet.

The way they communicate through the forum is naff as far as I am concerned. email alerts don't always get sent and it relies on you being subscribed in just the right way to get them at all. Why not just have a membership list and email everyone...
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:24am   #170
Joined Sep 2010

Thanks Alex,i did subscribe to the alerts,but didnt get anything,cheers for the heads up
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:22am   #171
Joined Jun 2010

so.... the have discontinued a pair, stopped taking payments and they have naff communication..

And you are still trading this EA?
Hogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:27am   #172
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogs View Post
so.... the have discontinued a pair, stopped taking payments and they have naff communication..

And you are still trading this EA?
stopped trading eu long time ago,im up a healthy profit since i started and now no subs,why would i stop?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:44am   #173

Joined Oct 2010

surferking started this thread Apologies to anyone following this that was using my signature link stats to measure performance. I've updated the link now to the longest running official TulipFX account for a better overview.

As with any strategy, be critical, look over a years worth of performance if possible, profit factor, z-score, sharpe ratio etc.

Also, well worth reading Ozzie and Dutch's developments for v6.4 where they can remotely stop the EA trading during extreme unschedules news events such as seen in the 3 big stop-outs of the summer.

Tick follows tock follows tick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:49am   #174
Joined Apr 2008

wow, that last drawdown must have been painful. are you still running it live?
Rugby Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:24pm   #175

Joined Oct 2010

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Trader View Post
wow, that last drawdown must have been painful. are you still running it live?
Yes on but small stakes and still in profit on it.

I stopped trading it live on EU because it was placing trades I didn't agree with.

It's certainly worth watching how it trades as I have now adopted it's position sizing method in my Sunday Gaps trading. So for example, instead of placing 2% on one trade, I trade 0.5% and add positions every time the price goes 20% towards my stop loss. Much more painless way of scaling in and improving the overall R:R.

Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:32pm   #176
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferking View Post
Yes on but small stakes and still in profit on it.

I stopped trading it live on EU because it was placing trades I didn't agree with.

It's certainly worth watching how it trades as I have now adopted it's position sizing method in my Sunday Gaps trading. So for example, instead of placing 2% on one trade, I trade 0.5% and add positions every time the price goes 20% towards my stop loss. Much more painless way of scaling in and improving the overall R:R.
Hi

I'm no expert so don't take this the wrong way, but on Gaps, if you add positions as the trade goes against you, this is surely chasing losses which I think is a real no no in trading.

A straight win would have a stake of only 0.5% whereas a loss would always loose 2%. I'm trying to get my head around it but I would have thought that a short run of losses using that strategy would hit your trading pot fairly hard.

Like I say, this isn't a criticism given my poor results on gaps over previous weeks.

Regards

Phil
phil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:10pm   #177

Joined Oct 2010

surferking started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8 View Post
Hi

I'm no expert so don't take this the wrong way, but on Gaps, if you add positions as the trade goes against you, this is surely chasing losses which I think is a real no no in trading.

A straight win would have a stake of only 0.5% whereas a loss would always loose 2%. I'm trying to get my head around it but I would have thought that a short run of losses using that strategy would hit your trading pot fairly hard.

Like I say, this isn't a criticism given my poor results on gaps over previous weeks.

Regards

Phil
Maybe I'm not explaining myself clearly. What I mean is scaling in risk at 0.5% per trade up to a maximum of 2% per pair. (so win from 0.25% to 1.5% of pot per pair traded)

It's just a way of smoothing the equity curve by lowering overall risk, but may yield lower overall growth if there's never any movement against the opening price.

I'm happy to scale in positions going against an initial entry price as it is all part of the natural eb & flow of price and just means I'm getting more pips when it overall wins and halving overall risk if it goes against. Of course there's always times when you get a direct movement from entry to win and you wish you'd traded full stakes but that kind of thinking can give bigger drawdowns.

Just my way of playing it as I'm quite confident in the long-term statistics on the strategy, appreciate it isn't for everyone.