MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

This is a discussion on MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by gillybabe Hi Antonio. Have you seen a difference with EA vs 7 on your system? Yes there ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:53pm   #106
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillybabe View Post
Hi Antonio. Have you seen a difference with EA vs 7 on your system?
Yes there are differences. More obvious is with v7 we can avoid trades as Feb 11th (see attached file). January-February had many of these difficult undecisive days. With v7 from the beginning results will be even better!
Attached Thumbnails
dibujo.jpg  
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:47pm   #107
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread I am sending MMI info with settings for Spin EA last version v7
Total for 2010 is a very good 1756 pips, including the bad december. This it near 150 pips a month on average (let me repeat, including december)!
Any one who like to know more about MMI, just send me a pm with email address
AM
Attached Thumbnails
mmi_v7.gif  
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:37am   #108
Joined Sep 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Thanks Antonio for keeping me out today.
G
GRAHAM N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:12am   #109
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

OK since mid Jan live I have been tracking manually the MMI AI RT. This has now pulled ahead by 35 pips for 2011 of both the MA40 AI RT and the MMI.

So unless an AI winning call which the MMI disagees with in the next two trades of Feb this will be my system for March 2011 onwards.

Here are the manual MMI AI RT Days & results for 2011. If antonio can confirm any differences to his EA MMI trades this will be appreciated.

3/1/11 MMI Sell +30 MMI AI RT Buy -30
10/1/11 MMI Sell +9 MMI AI RT Buy -15
14/1/11 MMI Buy -30 MMI AI RT Sell +30
26/1/11 MMI Sell -30 MMI AT RT Buy +30


As with AI Rules the MMI would be lead indicator for No trade days then MA40 AI RT loss for -30 on the 10/2/11 would have been a No Trade undr MMI so no loss would have been taken.

M

Edit, strip out 3/1/11 which the majority did not trade including me and the difference between MMI and MMI RT is +96 pips for 2011.

Last edited by mark120169; Feb 24, 2011 at 10:43am.
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:27pm   #110
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
OK since mid Jan live I have been tracking manually the MMI AI RT. This has now pulled ahead by 35 pips for 2011 of both the MA40 AI RT and the MMI.

So unless an AI winning call which the MMI disagees with in the next two trades of Feb this will be my system for March 2011 onwards.

Here are the manual MMI AI RT Days & results for 2011. If antonio can confirm any differences to his EA MMI trades this will be appreciated.

3/1/11 MMI Sell +30 MMI AI RT Buy -30
10/1/11 MMI Sell +9 MMI AI RT Buy -15
14/1/11 MMI Buy -30 MMI AI RT Sell +30
26/1/11 MMI Sell -30 MMI AT RT Buy +30


As with AI Rules the MMI would be lead indicator for No trade days then MA40 AI RT loss for -30 on the 10/2/11 would have been a No Trade undr MMI so no loss would have been taken.

M

Edit, strip out 3/1/11 which the majority did not trade including me and the difference between MMI and MMI RT is +96 pips for 2011.
Hi Mark
only difference I see is 10/1/11 I have recorded no trade day, because MMI difference was only 0.7 on SLM. I supose you have other values on IG
Of course I was curious about mixing MMI with AI Rt, so make my work and find almost exactly results as Spin post in the Variant Backtesting thread: MMI have better results alone for 2010
Anyway both variants are obviously vastly superiors than MA40 so, instead of mixing MMI with AI Rt, I am trading both as different systems with 1.5% MM each (well, at the moment I'm trading AIRt and the new TurboMMI I am developping )
Interesting to see and compare future results
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:38am   #111
 
6 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

I'm really new to all this but I'm just wondering if someone can tell me, is there a reason why we use 30INT30 MMI and don't try other variants on this? Is it worth monitoring 25INT30 MMI etc over the next few months?

I haven't seen any other variantions on this mentioned anywhere and just wondering if theres a reason for this.
rlzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:54am   #112
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlzzzz View Post
I'm really new to all this but I'm just wondering if someone can tell me, is there a reason why we use 30INT30 MMI and don't try other variants on this? Is it worth monitoring 25INT30 MMI etc over the next few months?

I haven't seen any other variantions on this mentioned anywhere and just wondering if theres a reason for this.
Becasue Antonio like myself feels most comfortable with a decent strike rate and a 1 to 1 RRR (Risk Reward Ratio).

Means as long as the win rate is over 60% (as we don't always hit full TP or SL) then it should make money long term.

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:16am   #113
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlzzzz View Post
I'm really new to all this but I'm just wondering if someone can tell me, is there a reason why we use 30INT30 MMI and don't try other variants on this? Is it worth monitoring 25INT30 MMI etc over the next few months?

I haven't seen any other variantions on this mentioned anywhere and just wondering if theres a reason for this.
I use 30INT30 simply because is one of the best performers (if not the best) on any comparison.
But MMI is showing more accurate decissions to entry a trade in general, independently of SL/TP you use. So I believe you can use any other variant you like, as 25INT30 and you will have much better results with MMI than with MA40
AM

Last edited by antonio2010; Feb 25, 2011 at 11:27am.
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:41am   #114
 
6 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Okay that makes sense.

The guys who keep track of multiple variants... How do you go about this? Do you just open lots of charts run a different EA variant on each and record the results each day or is there a better way?

Is there a limit to the number of charts with EAs you can run at once?
rlzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:32pm   #115
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlzzzz View Post
Okay that makes sense.

The guys who keep track of multiple variants... How do you go about this? Do you just open lots of charts run a different EA variant on each and record the results each day or is there a better way?

Is there a limit to the number of charts with EAs you can run at once?
I don't know if there is a limit, but you can run 8-10 chart in a platform for sure.
If you need more, you can open another MT4 platform with same account...
But remember to have different Ident number for each EA
AM
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:33pm   #116
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlzzzz View Post
Okay that makes sense.

The guys who keep track of multiple variants... How do you go about this? Do you just open lots of charts run a different EA variant on each and record the results each day or is there a better way?

Is there a limit to the number of charts with EAs you can run at once?
It's called paper trading!! I take my live (for money) INT entry daily so i know entry point. By recording the daily high / low between 6.30 and 8.30 you can work out what else would have hit or missed TP & SL.

The only other thing you need is the 8.30am open price. Again if the EA closes the trade @ 8.30 as it was still live you know that too.

I manually paper trade my results off IG Index charts. I would say done properly and daily they are about 95%+ accurate of what would have happened live.

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:10pm   #117
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread Well, I have now a clearer images about looking for contrachecks with 4 or 5 decimal positions.
Working with 5 dp (it's what you have if using MMI_v7) is safer for times with problematic days, indicator without clear direction, etc
4 dp (Equivalent to "true" option in v_6 EA) is a more risky option, but can give better results in good periods without many problematic days.
Here are the numbers for all 2010, including bad december:

5 dp:
Total net profit: 1757 pips
Profit factor: 2.12
Total trades: 206
Profit trades: 71.36%
Max. drawdown: 13.67%

4 dp:
Total net profit: 1740.4 pips
Profit factor: 1.94
Total trades: 232
Profit trades: 70.26%
Max. drawdown: 17.47%

This confirm my early suspects: on the whole year (good and bad times) rounding with 5 dp give almost same return, but better pf and drawdown because more selective trading (less total trades).
This is reflected in the smoother curve of 5 dp graph versus 4 dp (see attached graphs)
So I will recommend to MMI traders to continue using MMI_v7 such as I sent it to every person interested.
And thanks again to Spin to introduce this option as I have requested
AM
Attached Thumbnails
mmi_v7-4dp-.gif   mmi_v7-5dp-.gif  
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:21pm   #118
Joined Jun 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
Well, I have now a clearer images about looking for contrachecks with 4 or 5 decimal positions.
Working with 5 dp (it's what you have if using MMI_v7) is safer for times with problematic days, indicator without clear direction, etc
4 dp (Equivalent to "true" option in v_6 EA) is a more risky option, but can give better results in good periods without many problematic days.
Here are the numbers for all 2010, including bad december:

5 dp:
Total net profit: 1757 pips
Profit factor: 2.12
Total trades: 206
Profit trades: 71.36%
Max. drawdown: 13.67%

4 dp:
Total net profit: 1740.4 pips
Profit factor: 1.94
Total trades: 232
Profit trades: 70.26%
Max. drawdown: 17.47%

This confirm my early suspects: on the whole year (good and bad times) rounding with 5 dp give almost same return, but better pf and drawdown because more selective trading (less total trades).
This is reflected in the smoother curve of 5 dp graph versus 4 dp (see attached graphs)
So I will recommend to MMI traders to continue using MMI_v7 such as I sent it to every person interested.
And thanks again to Spin to introduce this option as I have requested
AM
Thanks for the info Antonio, interesting stuff!
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:51pm   #119
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
Well, I have now a clearer images about looking for contrachecks with 4 or 5 decimal positions.
Working with 5 dp (it's what you have if using MMI_v7) is safer for times with problematic days, indicator without clear direction, etc
4 dp (Equivalent to "true" option in v_6 EA) is a more risky option, but can give better results in good periods without many problematic days.
Here are the numbers for all 2010, including bad december:

5 dp:
Total net profit: 1757 pips
Profit factor: 2.12
Total trades: 206
Profit trades: 71.36%
Max. drawdown: 13.67%

4 dp:
Total net profit: 1740.4 pips
Profit factor: 1.94
Total trades: 232
Profit trades: 70.26%
Max. drawdown: 17.47%

This confirm my early suspects: on the whole year (good and bad times) rounding with 5 dp give almost same return, but better pf and drawdown because more selective trading (less total trades).
This is reflected in the smoother curve of 5 dp graph versus 4 dp (see attached graphs)
So I will recommend to MMI traders to continue using MMI_v7 such as I sent it to every person interested.
And thanks again to Spin to introduce this option as I have requested
AM
Ant idea how it would have effected 2011 , with a good January but poor February ?

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:49pm   #120
 
heatonfan's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
Hi Mark
No scares you. With today MA40, trading was fliping a coin
Better will be increment MA difference to 1.2 minimun and look to 5 d.p. in contrachecs (0.1 pip)
AM
Antonio,

MMI v7 appeared to use an increment of 1.1 rather than 1.2. Was that deliberate?

Thanks,

heatonfan
heatonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mark120169's AI (Alternate Indicator) for FNT mark120169 Forex Net Trap 74 Sep 16, 2011 6:25am
Alternate Internet Connection tderrick General Trading Chat 1 Apr 8, 2010 11:54am
Applying Indicator to another Indicator dima777 Trading Software 18 Feb 13, 2009 7:41am
Alternate trading styles ChartMan Indices 2 Jun 29, 2002 2:19pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)