MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

This is a discussion on MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by antonio2010 Hi Gillybabe, don't put Mark nervous! In fact I think Mark is right. Are you trading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:13pm   #76
Joined Dec 2006
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
Hi Gillybabe, don't put Mark nervous!
In fact I think Mark is right. Are you trading manually or with the EA?
I am running three 30INT30 EAs daily
One with MA40, this morning take a long and close 8.30 with -13.1 pips
The MMI EA should have take the long as MA40, but I have no trade recorded and really I don't know why exactly
And other experimental MMI settings take the long a few minutes before and take SL exactly (no for 0.1 pip, but for 0.0)
So, please any one trading this morning MMI with my set file, tell here what happened today?
I am trading MMI with the attached parameter set. The EA took a trade for me this morning - closed at 08:30 for a 14.3 pip loss.

Last edited by SpindriftUK; Feb 1, 2011 at 8:42pm. Reason: oops!
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:51pm   #77
Joined Mar 2009

antonio2010 started this thread Hi Spindrift and Mittons
Sent pm, please read
AM
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:09pm   #78
Joined Oct 2010

Hi Guys. I run the EA on Antonio's special settings and Mark's 30IN30 AI reverse.
Both are set to 6.30 start, 9.15 finish, both had 30 sl and 30 tp
Today:
Antonio's MMI went off at 6.29 at 160646 and took its profit at 160946
FNT 30INT30 went off at 6.30 at 160659 and hit sl at 160359.
I won and one lost - don't ask me why 1 went off slightly early.
Gill
gillybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:09pm   #79
Joined Oct 2010

Sorry forgot to say, both on Alpari
gillybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:28pm   #80
Joined Mar 2009

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillybabe View Post
Sorry forgot to say, both on Alpari
Hi all, thanks for the replys
Seems clear to me there are not "official results" with "standard settings". Even the same settings can give different results on different brokers or sending the trade one minute after/before.
I am recording Feb 1st MMI the same way as MA40, -13.1 pips
AM
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:43am   #81
Joined Mar 2009

antonio2010 started this thread Hi to any one trading MMI with Spin EA and my set file:
I saw any problems at times when indicators are flat and need to check for contratrends. As I like to look for 0.1 pips difference in contratrend (and not a whole 1 pip) I talked Spin and seems he will make a new version improving this point.
Summing up: better to set MARoundingForContraCheck=true at the moment, waiting the new version
AM
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:33am   #82
Joined Mar 2009

antonio2010 started this thread I have finished a long backtest for INT30/30, Jan01 to Nov30 2010 . The whole numbers are not important (although I'm surprised they are similar to real ones) but I am more interrested in the comparative figures.
All test are 0 errors, 90% quality, so here are:
MA40: 1059 pips
MA40-AI_so: 1255
MA40-AI_rt: 1494
MMI(similar MA40 settings): 1830
Turbo MMI (just developing and testing): 2250
So in my opinion MMI and AI versions are clearly superior to the standard MA40 indicator, and personally I will be risking 2% on MMI and 2% on AI_Rt from now, and forward testing TurboMMI of course
Really I can't see any argument why any person on the forum is not trading on auto with Spin EA and MMI or AI settings?
Thanks! The following members like this post: MaxiV
Old Feb 9, 2011, 8:21pm   #83
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:
I have finished a long backtest for INT30/30, Jan01 to Nov30 2010 . The whole numbers are not important (although I'm surprised they are similar to real ones) but I am more interrested in the comparative figures.
All test are 0 errors, 90% quality, so here are:
MA40: 1059 pips
MA40-AI_so: 1255
MA40-AI_rt: 1494
MMI(similar MA40 settings): 1830
Turbo MMI (just developing and testing): 2250
So in my opinion MMI and AI versions are clearly superior to the standard MA40 indicator, and personally I will be risking 2% on MMI and 2% on AI_Rt from now, and forward testing TurboMMI of course
Really I can't see any argument why any person on the forum is not trading on auto with Spin EA and MMI or AI settings?
Nice one Antonio. Turbo MMI sounds interesting, have you pumped it full of steroids or something?!

You're right about MA40, it's definitely inferior under current market conditions at least.

In the same way that you can't see a valid argument for not using MMI or AI settings on auto, I can't see a valid argument for people that continue to trade NT, when INT has been proven without a shadow of a doubt to be a superior entry method!

We're starting to see some really powerful results now that we've combined Spin's EA with INT and an alternative moving average indicator. Bring on the profits!

Will be interesting to hear your forward testing results for Turbo MMI Antonio, keep up the good work!
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:38pm   #84
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger777 View Post
Nice one Antonio. Turbo MMI sounds interesting, have you pumped it full of steroids or something?!

You're right about MA40, it's definitely inferior under current market conditions at least.

In the same way that you can't see a valid argument for not using MMI or AI settings on auto, I can't see a valid argument for people that continue to trade NT, when INT has been proven without a shadow of a doubt to be a superior entry method!

We're starting to see some really powerful results now that we've combined Spin's EA with INT and an alternative moving average indicator. Bring on the profits!

Will be interesting to hear your forward testing results for Turbo MMI Antonio, keep up the good work!
Hi GF and Antonio

Just thought I would share my reason for not using an EA and just wondered if there was a way around it.

I have to use a work laptop to open trades at 6:30pm which I do manually on IG. I then shut the laptop down and set off to work getting there normally by 8:30am so I can shut down the trade if needed at 8:30am. Alternatively if I am late I will shut down the trade manually on a Blackberry.

I suppose my issue is that I don't think there is a way of letting the EA manage the trade if I've shut down the laptop. Am I right or is there a way around it?

Thanks

Phil
phil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:11pm   #85
Joined Mar 2009

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8 View Post
Hi GF and Antonio

Just thought I would share my reason for not using an EA and just wondered if there was a way around it.

I have to use a work laptop to open trades at 6:30pm which I do manually on IG. I then shut the laptop down and set off to work getting there normally by 8:30am so I can shut down the trade if needed at 8:30am. Alternatively if I am late I will shut down the trade manually on a Blackberry.

I suppose my issue is that I don't think there is a way of letting the EA manage the trade if I've shut down the laptop. Am I right or is there a way around it?

Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil
You need a MT4 platform of course and have your computer "on" to be able to manage the trade. Better solution is to have MT4 running all day in a Virtual Server (only 15 euros/month). I am using this
http://www.swtech.ie/
AM
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:25am   #86
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
Hi Phil
You need a MT4 platform of course and have your computer "on" to be able to manage the trade. Better solution is to have MT4 running all day in a Virtual Server (only 15 euros/month). I am using this
http://www.swtech.ie/
AM
Thanks Antonio

I'll have a look at that.

Phil
phil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:48am   #87
Joined Oct 2010

Hi,

I made the recommended EA change yesterday, and it looks like a no-trade today?

Sometimes (very occasionally) the EA has not started correctly (could be my PC actually), so I don't know if it's a genuine no-trade day or a 'strange' EA day.

Did everyone else using the MMI EA get a "No-Trade" today or is it just me?!

Cheers,
Mittons
mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:04am   #88
Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittons View Post
Hi,

Did everyone else using the MMI EA get a "No-Trade" today or is it just me?!

Cheers,
Mittons
P.s. Upon checking at 7:15ish, there was a "Trade initiation bar is closed", which is just as it was last night... and no "NO TRADE" message...
mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:10am   #89
Joined Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittons View Post
P.s. Upon checking at 7:15ish, there was a "Trade initiation bar is closed", which is just as it was last night... and no "NO TRADE" message...
Yes, it was a no trade on MMI for me today.
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:22am   #90

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindriftUK View Post
Yes, it was a no trade on MMI for me today.
Agree, my vanilla MMI EA called a no trade too. MA40 was the only correct one and that scares me!

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote