MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

This is a discussion on MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by antonio2010 I'm sorry. Want to say. "change changestoppips parameter from 0 to -1", not 1 Well, no ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:35pm   #46
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
I'm sorry. Want to say. "change changestoppips parameter from 0 to -1", not 1
Well, no so easy. Backtesting with SL moved to B/E (or +1, -1 of b/e) give too much different results, difficult to understand for only 1 pip. So I will be sticking with "standard" moving SL to b/e at 8:00 (0,0,0).
If any one using MMI is confused, send me a p.m. and I will send you the .set file
AM
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:08am   #47
Joined Aug 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Antonio

Just sent you a pm, so hope to hear from you shortly
Cheers

Mark
stoneyxk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:35am   #48
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread Here the results for the first three weeks of 2011, MA40 v. MMI
At the moment MMI is winning for 90 points difference
I will repeat these are "Lazy way automated " results, trading both MMI and MA with Spin EA_v6 with similar parameters in order to compare long term performance.
So if you have different results, please don't ask me why. Ask yourself: I am trading with EA or manual? wich broker? 4 or 5 dp? what spread? rounding prices? rounding MA trend and /or contratrend? rounding to 4 or 5 dp? moving s/l to b/e?, etc. And you will understand why my results can (and will) differ any day to Mark or Goldfinger results.
That's exactly for all these possible variables I decide to go the automated way, wake up at 7:40 am, look how I am going and be ready fot 8:00 FTSE open
Attached Files
File Type: xls MA40vMMI_2011.xls (15.0 KB, 128 views)
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:10am   #49
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
Here the results for the first three weeks of 2011, MA40 v. MMI
At the moment MMI is winning for 90 points difference
I will repeat these are "Lazy way automated " results, trading both MMI and MA with Spin EA_v6 with similar parameters in order to compare long term performance.
So if you have different results, please don't ask me why. Ask yourself: I am trading with EA or manual? wich broker? 4 or 5 dp? what spread? rounding prices? rounding MA trend and /or contratrend? rounding to 4 or 5 dp? moving s/l to b/e?, etc. And you will understand why my results can (and will) differ any day to Mark or Goldfinger results.
That's exactly for all these possible variables I decide to go the automated way, wake up at 7:40 am, look how I am going and be ready fot 8:00 FTSE open
I wasn't aware anyone running FNT Trader v5, v6 or v7 (AI edition) that did not take the long trade for +11 on Friday 21st. AI edition which is v7 did. But you have it down as "0" which is saying No Trade? But SLM shows MA40 rose by 2.4 so not sure how it could have called a "no trade" ?

Can anyone else confirm that v6 called a no trade on Friday 21st? I'm sure PeterF1966 is running v6 and took the long trade last friday?

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:55am   #50
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
I wasn't aware anyone running FNT Trader v5, v6 or v7 (AI edition) that did not take the long trade for +11 on Friday 21st. AI edition which is v7 did. But you have it down as "0" which is saying No Trade? But SLM shows MA40 rose by 2.4 so not sure how it could have called a "no trade" ?

Can anyone else confirm that v6 called a no trade on Friday 21st? I'm sure PeterF1966 is running v6 and took the long trade last friday?

M
Hi Mark
Looking my SLM chart on friday 21, there are four contratrend MA40 values if you look to the 5 d.p. So my EA make the good work no trading...
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:45pm   #51
Joined Jun 2006
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Hi Antonio, I've PMd you my email address (again) but I'm not sure where the part in brackets came from so please ignore it, thanks, h5n1.
H5N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:02pm   #52
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
Hi Mark
Looking my SLM chart on friday 21, there are four contratrend MA40 values if you look to the 5 d.p. So my EA make the good work no trading...
Then these results are unique to you Antonio! FNT has never look at contratrend to 5 DP. The manual always advises rounding to 4 DP. So if you have a specific EA settigns looking at 5 DP you will end the year with a unique set of results.

What puzzles me further is why with 5 DP MMI said trade and MA40 No Trade? I would have thought by 5 DP both would have reported the same outcome.

Your results for "EA's" are interesting, but not comparable realy to what most other people are trading. Yes of your two EA's MMI is better but then the MA40 has been robbed of 11 pips that 90% of everyone else gained under NT rules.

M

Last edited by mark120169; Jan 24, 2011 at 7:03pm.
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:36pm   #53
 
peterf1966's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
I wasn't aware anyone running FNT Trader v5, v6 or v7 (AI edition) that did not take the long trade for +11 on Friday 21st. AI edition which is v7 did. But you have it down as "0" which is saying No Trade? But SLM shows MA40 rose by 2.4 so not sure how it could have called a "no trade" ?

Can anyone else confirm that v6 called a no trade on Friday 21st? I'm sure PeterF1966 is running v6 and took the long trade last friday?

M
Mark,

Actually no, I am on v5 for now, as that's how I set up initially - tried V6 and it didn't display set up parameters as clearly as V5 seemed to, and as V7 is on the way decided to stick with v5. I am waiting for v7 with the AI no trade or reverse trade option, has Greg released it now?
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:01pm   #54
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
Mark,

Actually no, I am on v5 for now, as that's how I set up initially - tried V6 and it didn't display set up parameters as clearly as V5 seemed to, and as V7 is on the way decided to stick with v5. I am waiting for v7 with the AI no trade or reverse trade option, has Greg released it now?
You will have AI Edition the end of the month ready for Feb. Can't find any faults with it.

Will distribute it at the weekend.

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:53pm   #55
Joined Jun 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
You will have AI Edition the end of the month ready for Feb. Can't find any faults with it.

Will distribute it at the weekend.

M
Great news!
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:56pm   #56
Joined Mar 2009
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

antonio2010 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Then these results are unique to you Antonio! FNT has never look at contratrend to 5 DP. The manual always advises rounding to 4 DP. So if you have a specific EA settigns looking at 5 DP you will end the year with a unique set of results.

What puzzles me further is why with 5 DP MMI said trade and MA40 No Trade? I would have thought by 5 DP both would have reported the same outcome.

Your results for "EA's" are interesting, but not comparable realy to what most other people are trading. Yes of your two EA's MMI is better but then the MA40 has been robbed of 11 pips that 90% of everyone else gained under NT rules.

M
Yes, that's exactly what I try to explain (sure vey badly with my poor english)
My interest in this thread is to compare MMI and MA40 results under the more SIMILAR possible conditions, its for this I am trading both indicators with an automated EA with similar settings. If you look the Jan 21 SLM chart you will see inmediately why MMI give a valid trade and MA40 dont trade.
Yes Jan 21 give 11 pips difference with my settings, be sure next time will be the opposite and long term both will equalled. The important point for me is to be consistent with similar settings on both EA's (except the indicator itself, of course)
Another point: I believe Goldfinger "official INT30/30" results don't move SL to B/E.
As in my opinion is better to do it and I am trading my real money, I am moving SL to b/e at 8:00 am, and consequently, doing the same with MA40 EA, in order to be consistent with both results.
Obviously my MA40 results NEED to be different to official results. Even will be interesting to see wich one will be better long term. And any person who like to check MMI v. official results, simply take my numbers and look Goldfinger numbers also
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:21am   #57
Joined Sep 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Thanks antonio. Another morning where your MMI has told me not to trade and has saved me a 30 pip loss.
G
GRAHAM N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:28am   #58
Joined Sep 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

I dont understand?MMi was a buy wasnt it.Up over 1 pip
jonboysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:31am   #59
Joined Sep 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboysport View Post
I dont understand?MMi was a buy wasnt it.Up over 1 pip
But flat or declining since 5 o'clock. That made it a no trade day.
G
GRAHAM N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:36am   #60
Joined Sep 2010
Re: MMI - Another Alternate Indicator for NT

I didnt know there was a 5 o`clock factor.I just got the basic same as MA40 rule?
jonboysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mark120169's AI (Alternate Indicator) for FNT mark120169 Forex Net Trap 74 Sep 16, 2011 6:25am
Alternate Internet Connection tderrick General Trading Chat 1 Apr 8, 2010 11:54am
Applying Indicator to another Indicator dima777 Trading Software 18 Feb 13, 2009 7:41am
Alternate trading styles ChartMan Indices 2 Jun 29, 2002 2:19pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)