Net Trap EA - variant backtesting

This is a discussion on Net Trap EA - variant backtesting within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Got a questiion on this thread>> http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ting-free.html pg3...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:40am   #61

Joined Dec 2010
Re: Net Trap EA - variant backtesting

Got a questiion on this thread>> http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ting-free.html

pg3

Last edited by MaxiV; Feb 25, 2011 at 10:13am. Reason: #61
MaxiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:48pm   #62

Joined Dec 2010

done some back testing on MMI v8 (as the Spins EA v8 does the backtest kinda fast for some reason; already posted on "backtesting for free" tread). From 2005-2009 (you all should have 2010 backtest already). 2006 was not a great year.

Starting balance 10000 for each year @ 3%MM compounded (as thats how i work)>>>

Not done AI as its on a diferent (slower backtesting version) unless v8 can do it as it has a reverse trade bit on it... tell me how that works for AI and ill back test that too at work. Most of the day my laptop is on all through the day and have been woirking/meetings and left the backtesting on all day).

Currently doing a full backtest of 1000 start at 3%mm in MMI30int30, componded from 2005-2010 all the way through....
Attached Thumbnails
strategytestermmi30comp2005.gif   strategytestermmi30comp2006.gif   strategytestermmi30comp2008.gif  

strategytestermmi30comp2009.gif   strategytestermmi30comp2007.gif  

Last edited by MaxiV; Mar 10, 2011 at 2:57pm. Reason: addn
MaxiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:04pm   #63

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiV View Post
Not done AI as its on a diferent (slower backtesting version) unless v8 can do it as it has a reverse trade bit on it... tell me how that works for AI and ill back test that too at work. ..

I have had FNT Trader AI edition v3 for about 5 weeks and v4 for about three weeks.

FNT Trader AI Edition v4 is the AI version of FNT Trader v8. Generally Spindrift releases new mods into AI edition to me a fews weeks before he posts the normal version on here for testing.

I will be sending out FNT Trader v4 to those on the AI list at months end once I am fully happy the RT & SO and all other features work fully on MA40 and MMI. One live test so far worked but want another AI call to apear before months end to double check all is ok.

If anyone is desperate for AI v4 (whih has the normal v7 & V8 features) please PM me and I will send it asap but use will be at your own risk as I have not fully confirmed it is all 100% yet.

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:04pm   #64
Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
I have had FNT Trader AI edition v3 for about 5 weeks and v4 for about three weeks.

FNT Trader AI Edition v4 is the AI version of FNT Trader v8. Generally Spindrift releases new mods into AI edition to me a fews weeks before he posts the normal version on here for testing.

I will be sending out FNT Trader v4 to those on the AI list at months end once I am fully happy the RT & SO and all other features work fully on MA40 and MMI. One live test so far worked but want another AI call to apear before months end to double check all is ok.

If anyone is desperate for AI v4 (whih has the normal v7 & V8 features) please PM me and I will send it asap but use will be at your own risk as I have not fully confirmed it is all 100% yet.

M
hi mark - i'm having trouble with AI_v002 not turning itself off at 08:30, it enters without any problem. could you please re-send me the inputs for this ea? i should have scored this morning, but the trade looks as though it ran until it dipped out (for 30) at 12:53.
thanks in advance
kevin
quinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:48pm   #65

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinny View Post
hi mark - i'm having trouble with AI_v002 not turning itself off at 08:30, it enters without any problem. could you please re-send me the inputs for this ea? i should have scored this morning, but the trade looks as though it ran until it dipped out (for 30) at 12:53.
thanks in advance
kevin
Then something is seriously wrong and you need to check all settings. Market reached about 40 pips profit from INT entry today so I can only assume the TP you have set is 50 ?

Certainly is not 30 unless you have major MT4 problems? Have you lost the original.set files I sent? They all work and you just need to change the MM section from 10p / pip to what you trade per pip.

Sending the files again will make no difference as they will be the same as you have already. I have not made any alterations for what I sent out with FNT Trader AI v2 other than my personal ones is now set to MMI in place of MA40.

I will issue this at month's end but is is simple to make the adjustment's yourself.

I would take some time to look at Spin's EA paramters .xls sheet and try to understand what settings you are running. Seems harsh maybe but using the EA is pretty simple if you take the time to read Spin's instructions and learn the functions.

M
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:11pm   #66
Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Then something is seriously wrong and you need to check all settings. Market reached about 40 pips profit from INT entry today so I can only assume the TP you have set is 50 ?

Certainly is not 30 unless you have major MT4 problems? Have you lost the original.set files I sent? They all work and you just need to change the MM section from 10p / pip to what you trade per pip.

Sending the files again will make no difference as they will be the same as you have already. I have not made any alterations for what I sent out with FNT Trader AI v2 other than my personal ones is now set to MMI in place of MA40.

I will issue this at month's end but is is simple to make the adjustment's yourself.

I would take some time to look at Spin's EA paramters .xls sheet and try to understand what settings you are running. Seems harsh maybe but using the EA is pretty simple if you take the time to read Spin's instructions and learn the functions.

M
thanks for getting straight back to me mark - i will interrogate the one i'm using against your original.
atb
kevin
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:52pm   #67

Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinny View Post
thanks for getting straight back to me mark - i will interrogate the one i'm using against your original.
atb
kevin
Kevin, you are leaving your computer on for the EA to work are you?
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:00pm   #68
Joined Jan 2004

yeah - when i get to my computer in the morning, i move the mouse - i hear all the fans kick in then i get that little tune - and the chart says waiting for a trade.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:45am   #69

Joined Oct 2010

Hey Kevin,

Sorry I haven't returned your messages, the day-job has been manic this week catching up from having Friday and half of Monday off. Give me a shout over the weekend and we'll do a remote support session.

If anyone else wants help setting up or trouble-shooting EA setup or MT4 setup then PM me and we'll set a time and I can do a remote support login to help. I have a busy day-job so best times for me are Tues to Fri 6-9pm and weekends at pre-arranged times. I use this software for work and its perfectly safe: http://www.beamyourscreen.com I can't do lots of support for hundreds of people but will help you out if you've tried yourself and got stuck.

The Surferking
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:24pm   #70

Joined Dec 2010

Just did the back test for 30int30 for MMI and AI-RT for the bad year of 2006... an interesting graph (3%MM compounded, starting at 10000).....
Attached Thumbnails
strategytesterai30comp2006.gif   strategytestermmi30comp2006.gif  
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:37pm   #71
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:
Just did the back test for 30int30 for MMI and AI-RT for the bad year of 2006... an interesting graph (3%MM compounded, starting at 10000).....
Hi Maxi,

interesting results. Are the AI-RT results for MA40 AI-RT or MMI AI-RT?
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:38pm   #72

Joined Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger777 View Post
Hi Maxi,

interesting results. Are the AI-RT results for MA40 AI-RT or MMI AI-RT?
It's the MA40 AI-RT.....

BUT!!!

Look what happens to it when we combine MMI to AI-RT (ie MMI AI-RT) over the bad losing 2006!!! (i have tried to match up all the MMI parameters to the v2 of EA AI) Here... we don't lose... we gain... eventhough it is a small amount... the year 2006 was not a loss >>>

[also, i have included the NT 30/50 original for comparison to everything].
Attached Thumbnails
strategytestermmiai30comp2006.gif   strategytesterntcomp2006.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: htm StrategyTesterNTcomp2006.htm (228.9 KB, 281 views)
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:54pm   #73

Joined Apr 2010

Interesting. That's becasue I beleive the AI is a very powerful indicator set and most of the time if it agrees with the MA40 or MMI then the odds are nicely stacked in your favour, but you have to be brave to trade against it. Even MMI AI RT is top performer in 2011 so far showing that even Antionio's cracking MMI should be reverse traded it is disagrees with the AI.

I will send you FNT Trader AI Edition v4 this weekend as requested. This is very important below because if the few difficult years can be flattned out by adding AI RT to MMI then it makes the compounding for the good years after it much more of a return by not having a drawdown year.

M

Quote:
It's the MA40 AI-RT.....

BUT!!!

Look what happens to it when we combine MMI to AI-RT (ie MMI AI-RT) over the bad losing 2006!!! (i have tried to match up all the MMI parameters to the v2 of EA AI) Here... we don't lose... we gain... eventhough it is a small amount... the year 2006 was not a loss >>>

Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:19am   #74

Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
It's the MA40 AI-RT.....

BUT!!!

marvellous bit of work....and what I have started to trade now. Note the summer month dip, I wonder if June and July are the months to avoid? Certainly were last year.
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 1:01pm   #75

Joined Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
marvellous bit of work....and what I have started to trade now. Note the summer month dip, I wonder if June and July are the months to avoid? Certainly were last year.
This only happened in 2006, all the other years so far was great, have a look at the compounded graphs
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ml#post1460328

I'm yet to do all the year continous from 2005-2010 with MMI, AI-RT and MMI AI-RT next week... will see how that looks.