Trading Gaps

This is a discussion on Trading Gaps within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the Specialists' Corner category; Originally Posted by Slopius_jim Sorry also forgot EUR/USD which has a massive gap. Good luck all. Hi I am looking ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:40pm   #9
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Trading Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopius_jim View Post
Sorry also forgot EUR/USD which has a massive gap.

Good luck all.

Hi
I am looking only the charts with interest, because my Tradefair account have all markets closed now http://www.trade2win.com/boards/imag..._new/icon9.gif
I can see all the gaps you say with 40 or more pips difference, and also EUR/CHF with about 26 pips gap.
Are you using IG for trading? Do you know another company to trade suitable for this strategie and with lower spreads?
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:42pm   #10
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Trading Gaps

Antonio
Yes I'm using IG.
Graham
GRAHAM N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:46pm   #11
Joined Jun 2009
Re: Trading Gaps

Slopius_jim started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
Hi
I am looking only the charts with interest, because my Tradefair account have all markets closed now http://www.trade2win.com/boards/imag..._new/icon9.gif
I can see all the gaps you say with 40 or more pips difference, and also EUR/CHF with about 26 pips gap.
Are you using IG for trading? Do you know another company to trade suitable for this strategie and with lower spreads?
Hi Antonio,

I have only used IG and Tradefair so I really don't know what other platform you could use.

Regards,

Neil
Slopius_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:49pm   #12
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Trading Gaps

Neil
What stops do you normally use?

Graham
GRAHAM N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:51pm   #13
JRJ
Joined Feb 2010
Re: Trading Gaps

anyone using guaranteed stops? perhaps makes the spreads too wide?

Last edited by JRJ; Oct 10, 2010 at 9:57pm. Reason: slow
JRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:54pm   #14
Joined Jun 2009
Re: Trading Gaps

Slopius_jim started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHAM N View Post
Neil
What stops do you normally use?

Graham
Usually 15 - 20. Depends on the cross.

Regards,

Neil
Slopius_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:58pm   #15
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Trading Gaps

In other thread Mark say he will be this night trading the gaps, looking IG charts and then opening trades in Smart Live Markets at 10.00 (when SML open trading).
Will be very interesting, because SML has low spreads
Hi Mark, are you here? Can you confirm if SML admit trade amounts with cents and under 1.00 ? And how much is the minimun difference betwen entry price and SL-TP?
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:21pm   #16
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Trading Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHAM N View Post
I've gone short on EUR/USD and long on GBP/EUR. Both had a 50 pip gap. ( Approximately )

Graham
What level are you going in at?
Mazzeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trading the Gaps ilir.shkurti Futures & Options 467 Jun 11, 2010 1:53pm
Trading the opening GAPS cu2 Discretionary Trading 14 Feb 22, 2010 2:30pm
New Product: Market Preparation, Trading Gaps, and Trading the Open DVD EK1 T2W Feedback & Announcements 0 Jul 9, 2007 10:39am
Trading Gaps wallmann Discretionary Trading 1 Oct 26, 2002 3:58pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)