NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

This is a discussion on NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the Specialists' Corner category; Attached to this post is my NetTrap EA. I am only attaching the .ex4 file (i.e. not the source) as ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:14am   #1
Joined Dec 2006
NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

Attached to this post is my NetTrap EA. I am only attaching the .ex4 file (i.e. not the source) as I would rather keep the source in one place. If anyone would like to see the source, please PM me.

I will assume that anyone who wants to use the EA will know where to put the file and how to attach it to a chart.

The EA has numerous parameters and I have included an explanation of each as an extern string; i.e. you will see the explanation underneath the parameter when you look at the Inputs tab of the properties.

The parameter defaults will cause the program to trade as per VNT rules; i.e. SLPips=30 and TPMult=1.66. I think some of the variants could be achieved by adjusting these two parameters; e.g. HNT might be achieved by setting TPMult to 0.5.

There is no way currently to achieve any of the INT variants but I intend to look into that.

I am using it on a live account but I would strongly suggest using it on demo until you are completely happy with it. Just this morning, I found a bug that meant that the entry point was being calculated incorrectly (fixed now )

Please feel free to ask any questions and make suggestions. It would be great if, together, we could make this into a really useful tool.

Cheers,
Greg
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 FNTTrader.ex4 (46.5 KB, 224 views)
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:18am   #2
Joined Dec 2009
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

wow ....a lie in for a change, will monitor this thread very closely.

thanks Spindrift
stricky1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:44am   #3
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindriftUK View Post
Attached to this post is my NetTrap EA. I am only attaching the .ex4 file (i.e. not the source) as I would rather keep the source in one place. If anyone would like to see the source, please PM me.

I will assume that anyone who wants to use the EA will know where to put the file and how to attach it to a chart.

The EA has numerous parameters and I have included an explanation of each as an extern string; i.e. you will see the explanation underneath the parameter when you look at the Inputs tab of the properties.

The parameter defaults will cause the program to trade as per VNT rules; i.e. SLPips=30 and TPMult=1.66. I think some of the variants could be achieved by adjusting these two parameters; e.g. HNT might be achieved by setting TPMult to 0.5.

There is no way currently to achieve any of the INT variants but I intend to look into that.

I am using it on a live account but I would strongly suggest using it on demo until you are completely happy with it. Just this morning, I found a bug that meant that the entry point was being calculated incorrectly (fixed now )

Please feel free to ask any questions and make suggestions. It would be great if, together, we could make this into a really useful tool.

Cheers,
Greg


Pretty good. This is looking good for using the excellent Smart Live Markets MT4 spreadbetting platform all the time soon, if you can crack INT orders.

But I assume that as it's a EA you can't then adjust the S/L from 40 to 30 @ 7.55am as it will adjust down or fook up the EA peramiters for TP?

Can it not be written so SL and TP are set are whole figure variables a fixed distance from entry price and not as a multiple of the SL ? Then you could enter what SL & TP you wanted from that EA trade and if you adjusted the S/L from say 40 to 30 it would alter the TP setting?

Also, having not used any EA's yet in MT4 can you do two of this EA set a few mins apart with different settings for TNT trades?

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:13am   #4
Joined Dec 2006
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

SpindriftUK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Pretty good. This is looking good for using the excellent Smart Live Markets MT4 spreadbetting platform all the time soon, if you can crack INT orders.

But I assume that as it's a EA you can't then adjust the S/L from 40 to 30 @ 7.55am as it will adjust down or fook up the EA peramiters for TP?

Can it not be written so SL and TP are set are whole figure variables a fixed distance from entry price and not as a multiple of the SL ? Then you could enter what SL & TP you wanted from that EA trade and if you adjusted the S/L from say 40 to 30 it would alter the TP setting?

Also, having not used any EA's yet in MT4 can you do two of this EA set a few mins apart with different settings for TNT trades?

M
The EA only uses the SLPips and TPMult parameters when it sets up the stop order, so changing them once the trade is open would have no effect. (It's worth noting that any parameter changes made would still be there the next time the platform was fired up and would be used to create that day's trade.)

It definitely could be written that way and I seem to recall it was in an earlier iteration. I think I changed it in the interests of flexibility when I implemented the option of variable stops and targets.

The EA could be changed to allow a stop loss change at a given time and have separate parameters to control that; e.g. time to change, what to change to. It's not beyond the realms of possibility for that to be dynamic; i.e. the program could remember the initial setting and check for any change made by the user via the parameter settings.

I will need to amend the EA to allow multiple instances to run simultaneously. Once I've done the amendment, you would just run it on separate charts with parameters set as required.

Cheers,
Greg
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:30am   #5
Joined Dec 2006
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

SpindriftUK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Pretty good. This is looking good for using the excellent Smart Live Markets MT4 spreadbetting platform all the time soon, if you can crack INT orders.

But I assume that as it's a EA you can't then adjust the S/L from 40 to 30 @ 7.55am as it will adjust down or fook up the EA peramiters for TP?

Can it not be written so SL and TP are set are whole figure variables a fixed distance from entry price and not as a multiple of the SL ? Then you could enter what SL & TP you wanted from that EA trade and if you adjusted the S/L from say 40 to 30 it would alter the TP setting?

Also, having not used any EA's yet in MT4 can you do two of this EA set a few mins apart with different settings for TNT trades?

M
Just opened a SLM demo account and I see, as was mentioned somewhere else on this forum, that the stake is in £/pip rather than standard MT lots. The EA's money management routine will need changing to cater for that, although it would probably work if the EA's MM option is turned off and the "lots" parameter is treated as though it represents £.
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:36am   #6
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindriftUK View Post
The EA only uses the SLPips and TPMult parameters when it sets up the stop order, so changing them once the trade is open would have no effect. (It's worth noting that any parameter changes made would still be there the next time the platform was fired up and would be used to create that day's trade.)

It definitely could be written that way and I seem to recall it was in an earlier iteration. I think I changed it in the interests of flexibility when I implemented the option of variable stops and targets.

The EA could be changed to allow a stop loss change at a given time and have separate parameters to control that; e.g. time to change, what to change to. It's not beyond the realms of possibility for that to be dynamic; i.e. the program could remember the initial setting and check for any change made by the user via the parameter settings.

I will need to amend the EA to allow multiple instances to run simultaneously. Once I've done the amendment, you would just run it on separate charts with parameters set as required.

Cheers,
Greg
Fantastic, if you can sort this for us, and INT orders too as EA's then i'm sure our members will want to add you to their paypal link "buy me a beer for Xmas" list along with Goldfinger & I !

I certainly would bung you some xmas beer money to be able to auto use smart live markets MT4 platform. No slippage, open orders able to be placed 1.5 pips from live price and 2 pip spread with 8.30 auto closing so no need for a mobile application when out, yes please!

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:40am   #7
 
mark120169's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindriftUK View Post
Just opened a SLM demo account and I see, as was mentioned somewhere else on this forum, that the stake is in £/pip rather than standard MT lots. The EA's money management routine will need changing to cater for that, although it would probably work if the EA's MM option is turned off and the "lots" parameter is treated as though it represents £.
Yes SLM is £/pip spreadbetting on MT4. It's brillaint, I used it for the whole of August in the kids school holidays as I could close manually @ 8.30.

I love it and really miss it now just can't be arsed to make phone calls @ 8.30am, prefer IG Index mobile app. But an Auto EA would solve this.

Thanks


Mark
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:46am   #8
Joined Dec 2006
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

SpindriftUK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Yes SLM is £/pip spreadbetting on MT4. It's brillaint, I used it for the whole of August in the kids school holidays as I could close manually @ 8.30.

I love it and really miss it now just can't be arsed to make phone calls @ 8.30am, prefer IG Index mobile app. But an Auto EA would solve this.

Thanks


Mark
I'm sure we can get the EA to the point where we can cover most of the variants.

BTW, do you still want to do a friend referral for a live SML account for me?

Cheers,
Greg
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metatrader Expert advisor losses money automatically oildaytrader Trading Software 3 Oct 5, 2009 4:11pm
expert advisor anguel First Steps 0 Apr 10, 2009 10:54am
Expert Advisor Help mozillan Trading Software 0 Mar 1, 2007 5:49pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)