NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

This is a discussion on NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by SpindriftUK The program has a function, "isTradeAllowed", which it's just not calling at the moment. What this ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:32pm   #121
Joined May 2010
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindriftUK View Post
The program has a function, "isTradeAllowed", which it's just not calling at the moment. What this does is loop for a supplied number of seconds, waiting for the built-in boolean IsTradeAllowed to become true, which happens when the trade context is free.

This will help to a degree but if there are five different instances of the EA waiting to open a trade, it could still be a minute or two before the trade is placed.
Did you desync the loop for each of the variants?
Tanguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:54am   #122
Joined Dec 2006

SpindriftUK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanguero View Post
Did you desync the loop for each of the variants?
If you mean, did I put in code to check that the trade server is available, the answer is no. I should have done, I guess, but I was focused on improving the instant mode performance.

It'll be interesting to hear how people get on today. I'm running the amended EA on my SML demo and it took the trade immediately with no retries.
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:07am   #123

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
If you mean, did I put in code to check that the trade server is available, the answer is no. I should have done, I guess, but I was focused on improving the instant mode performance.

It'll be interesting to hear how people get on today. I'm running the amended EA on my SML demo and it took the trade immediately with no retries.
Running the 5 versions again, two of which where instant, it crash again on entry this time. All three NT pending orders placed @ 6.30 no issues but it was obviously the two competing instant orders that did not appear live and crashed SLM after about 2 mins.

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:56am   #124
Joined Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Running the 5 versions again, two of which where instant, it crash again on entry this time. All three NT pending orders placed @ 6.30 no issues but it was obviously the two competing instant orders that did not appear live and crashed SLM after about 2 mins.

M
Although I know it is unlikely anyone would do this "live", I think it's a useful stress test and I will have a go at replicating the problem (and hopefully formulating a solution ).

Cheers,
Spin
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:05am   #125

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Although I know it is unlikely anyone would do this "live", I think it's a useful stress test and I will have a go at replicating the problem (and hopefully formulating a solution ).

Cheers,
Spin
Only testing @ 10p pip for our off week. Best stress testing is live imho.

M
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:21am   #126
Joined Dec 2006

Quote:
Only testing @ 10p pip for our off week. Best stress testing is live imho.

M
I agree. I'll see what I can do today to improve matters.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:58am   #127
Joined May 2010

Quote:

I mean if the loop time is the same for each variant, then they all attempt to send orders at the same, with equal intervals. The loop length should be different for each I suppose.
Tanguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:08pm   #128
Joined Mar 2009

Quote:

M
I have two EAs running HNT and INT, HNT placed well but INT give me an error. May be a general problem with INT EA's today?
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:48pm   #129
Joined Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio2010 View Post
I have two EAs running HNT and INT, HNT placed well but INT give me an error. May be a general problem with INT EA's today?
Sorry folks, I had to go out unexpectedly today so haven't had a chance to look at this until now. I have attached a version of the EA which also tries to ensure that the trade server is free before trying to send a trade. I tried it just now on two charts (in demo), one instant, one pending, and it worked ok. Please give it a try and let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 FNTTrader.ex4 (52.6 KB, 196 views)
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:59am   #130

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Sorry folks, I had to go out unexpectedly today so haven't had a chance to look at this until now. I have attached a version of the EA which also tries to ensure that the trade server is free before trying to send a trade. I tried it just now on two charts (in demo), one instant, one pending, and it worked ok. Please give it a try and let me know.
Used this is morning and on just one NT and one INT worked fine. Won't be testing multiples live now until next clock change in March!

M
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:29am   #131
Joined Mar 2010

Why won't you be testing multiples, live until March? Any particular reason?

Cheers
Winnerman
WinnerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:44am   #132

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnerMan View Post
Why won't you be testing multiples, live until March? Any particular reason?

Cheers
Winnerman
Becasue I will be using it live for my Net Trap TNT trading come Monday so @ £4.5 pip don't want to risk testing 10p multiples too crashing the regular trading, Could be costly!! Missed entrys. Trades not closing as i'm out of the house from 8am until 9am.

Not worth it.

M
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:58am   #133
Joined Dec 2006

Quote:
Used this is morning and on just one NT and one INT worked fine. Won't be testing multiples live now until next clock change in March!

M
Thanks Mark. I will continue to stress test in demo, for what it's worth.

I suppose I could always live test with small stakes outside of the usual trading times
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:13am   #134

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Thanks Mark. I will continue to stress test in demo, for what it's worth.

I suppose I could always live test with small stakes outside of the usual trading times
Afteroon trial on EUR/USD for NY open could work? Samll stakes live trial

M
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:49am   #135
Joined Mar 2009

Quote:

M
Also HNT and INT this morning and worked fine, thank's Spin
antonio2010 is offline   Reply With Quote