NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

This is a discussion on NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Dear Spin and Friends Wow I have just read through all post. Thank for the EA I truly appreciate all ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:23pm   #76
Joined Feb 2005
Re: NetTrap Metatrader Expert Advisor

Dear Spin and Friends

Wow I have just read through all post. Thank for the EA

I truly appreciate all of your effort in a such a short time, but naturally (!? ) please please let me be demanding to improve the system further. (I wish I could assist any programming but.. )

Has anyone use Back testing with MT4 Optimization ? I have played with other EA, click Expert properties, change the inputs Variables. (yes, technically, we would be able to setup stop and target, every 5 pips up to 30 or 50 for back testing and in theory we also would be able to setup a different entry time, say every 15 min )

I am not sure how practical they are and EA itself may need to rewrite some part. (sorry if I missed something. ) But it would help a lot as we have already got a lot of ideas about system variations, (stop, target entry time etc)
toshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:49pm   #77

Joined Apr 2010

Well it works perfectly with HNT40 and my 7.55am stoploss change advanced tactic.

Did not have time to digest and run the EA for the trade this morning so ran it this afternoon @ 10p / pip on SLM.

I've just lost a whole 52p! But it did everything I wanted it too. Risk was set to 2% and used "tradingBank" rather than account balance which was set to 150 to give me 10p / pip which is the SLM minimum.

Adjusted the times to 16.30 and 18.30 with SL change from 40 to 30 @ 17.55.

All worked like a dream. Opened automatically bang on 16.30 order in "trades" as pending with 40SL and 25TP.

It did go live then @ 17.55 SL autoadjusted from 40 to 30.

At 18.30 it autoclosed for 5.2 pips loss! I was gutted

So will test it and INT40/30 version tomorrow both on 10p pip for the rest of the week.

My stoploss change settigns where as follows.

changeStopAtTime = True
ChangeMaxProfitPips = 0
changeReqProfitPips = -28
ChangeStopPips = 30

So for tomorrow changeHHMM will be set to "07:55".

Well done Spin. Looks like I can drop IG index slippage merchants now as it will autoclose @ 8.30 while i'm doing the school run. Also give the possibility to trade FNT / Variants now in the USA / Canada / Oz etc if you relocate / Emigrate where it is the middle of the night during trading times as the PC can be left with the EA running in MT4 while you sleep.

M

Last edited by mark120169; Oct 25, 2010 at 6:54pm.
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 8:11pm   #78
Joined Dec 2006

SpindriftUK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Well it works perfectly with HNT40 and my 7.55am stoploss change advanced tactic.

Did not have time to digest and run the EA for the trade this morning so ran it this afternoon @ 10p / pip on SLM.

I've just lost a whole 52p! But it did everything I wanted it too. Risk was set to 2% and used "tradingBank" rather than account balance which was set to 150 to give me 10p / pip which is the SLM minimum.

Adjusted the times to 16.30 and 18.30 with SL change from 40 to 30 @ 17.55.

All worked like a dream. Opened automatically bang on 16.30 order in "trades" as pending with 40SL and 25TP.

It did go live then @ 17.55 SL autoadjusted from 40 to 30.

At 18.30 it autoclosed for 5.2 pips loss! I was gutted

So will test it and INT40/30 version tomorrow both on 10p pip for the rest of the week.

My stoploss change settigns where as follows.

changeStopAtTime = True
ChangeMaxProfitPips = 0
changeReqProfitPips = -28
ChangeStopPips = 30

So for tomorrow changeHHMM will be set to "07:55".

Well done Spin. Looks like I can drop IG index slippage merchants now as it will autoclose @ 8.30 while i'm doing the school run. Also give the possibility to trade FNT / Variants now in the USA / Canada / Oz etc if you relocate / Emigrate where it is the middle of the night during trading times as the PC can be left with the EA running in MT4 while you sleep.

M
Thanks - glad it worked as it was supposed to

I'll look forward to hearing how you get on with "instant mode" and then TNT using the multiple chart option.

I've now got it set up on my simulated VPS (i.e. my old PC which I access using remote desktop from the next room ) Although I was up at the usual time this morning, I may just have a lie in tomorrow and then check later to see how it's done on its own Or maybe not

Cheers,
Spin
SpindriftUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:10am   #79

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindriftUK View Post
I'll look forward to hearing how you get on with "instant mode" and then TNT using the multiple chart option.

Cheers,
Spin
Ok INT40/30 set up now and just launched it to check before bed and noticed I had a warning that EA wont run due to an ID clash.

So I changed the the INT40/30 "EA_Ident" to "100129" and closed and relaunched SLM and it logs on fine now and both HNT40 and INT40/30 seem ready to trade come 6.30am.

Now they are set up have saved them as HNT40.set and INT40-30.set. All going well Tues to Thursday will just need to adjust "tradingbank" amounts for a live trial full stakes on friday before our week off.

Infact out of curiosity I think I will run these next week @ 10p pip to see what results they pull up for the clock change week. If I run 5 variations including VNT this will be 50p pip total risk so nothing to bad if it proves a crap week to trade and loses money.

M
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:05pm   #80
Joined Oct 2009

I'll be running this as INT 40/40 shortly too, 2% compounded.
zorba_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:23am   #81

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindriftUK View Post
Thanks - glad it worked as it was supposed to

I've now got it set up on my simulated VPS (i.e. my old PC which I access using remote desktop from the next room ) Although I was up at the usual time this morning, I may just have a lie in tomorrow and then check later to see how it's done on its own Or maybe not

Cheers,
Spin
Well it worked today fine. Neither trigger as the EA declared a "no trade" day.

M
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:30am   #82
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:

M
Free Metatrader Expert Advisor: Trendlord, it's a bit crude but works across all time frames on MT4. Place in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 TrendLord.ex4 (3.1 KB, 159 views)
rob the bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:44am   #83
Joined Feb 2008

Been using the EA on my SML demom account using 'instant mode' for 30INT30 this week. Works perfectly.

I had same as Mark, EA didn't trade today as signalled a 'no trade' which lools correct from looking at graph.

Looking into companies in U.K that offer VPS service. Cost looks to be around £20 per month.

Thanks again Spin.
pimplico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:54am   #84
Joined Oct 2010

Quote:

M
Hi Mark
Just a newbie question - as you have two instances of the EA, do you use on two separate GU charts on the same SML Acct?
gillybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:10pm   #85
Joined Feb 2008

Hi,
This EA is great. Testing today. Could someone kindly tell me what the below setting are, I'm a bit confused.

CTCBN, SecBPO, SecBNO, STWAN, BEPips ?

Many, many thanks
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:37pm   #86
Joined Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimplico View Post
Hi,
This EA is great. Testing today. Could someone kindly tell me what the below setting are, I'm a bit confused.

CTCBN, SecBPO, SecBNO, STWAN, BEPips ?

Many, many thanks
The parameters you mention are part of the straddle trade EA - AmazingEA-1.1.8. I posted the parameter area from the source, which contains parameter descriptions, on the Trading the News thread.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:49pm   #87
Joined Feb 2008

Got it. Apologies.Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:00pm   #88

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillybabe View Post
Hi Mark
Just a newbie question - as you have two instances of the EA, do you use on two separate GU charts on the same SML Acct?
Yes. launch two seperate gu charts to trade the ea as tnt. then set each ea to vnt or the variant you want. then save each varint as a named .set file for easy loading next time. i have hnt40.set and int40-30.set

m
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:03pm   #89
Joined Dec 2006

Quote:
Yes. launch two seperate gu charts to trade the ea as tnt. then set each ea to vnt or the variant you want. then save each varint as a named .set file for easy loading next time. i have hnt40.set and int40-30.set

m
Don't forget you have to change the EA_ident to a unique value for each chart.

Spin
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:51pm   #90
Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimplico View Post
Been using the EA on my SML demom account using 'instant mode' for 30INT30 this week. Works perfectly.

I had same as Mark, EA didn't trade today as signalled a 'no trade' which lools correct from looking at graph.

Looking into companies in U.K that offer VPS service. Cost looks to be around £20 per month.

Thanks again Spin.
If you have a sizeable deposit, you can have free VPS service from FXCM UK, hosted by Boston which is pretty good. I think they want $5k though. I had it via ODL.
zorba_g is offline   Reply With Quote