Off topic & off forex thread

This is a discussion on Off topic & off forex thread within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; My attention is turning to Cardiff and the game tonight. Let me just check the time, ah yes, it's beer ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:35pm   #61
Joined Dec 2008
Re: Off topic & off forex thread

My attention is turning to Cardiff and the game tonight. Let me just check the time, ah yes, it's beer o'clock. Come on Wales!!!
captainscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:38pm   #62
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainscarlet View Post
Funny scene where all the traders are watching Wall Street (the film) and reciting the dialogue as they go.
yeah that scene is pretty funny.

Though what is even more funny is seeing Vin "Fast and Furious" Diesel playing the role of a "senior trader"!
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 8:49pm   #63
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:
My attention is turning to Cardiff and the game tonight. Let me just check the time, ah yes, it's beer o'clock. Come on Wales!!!
Yeah promises to be a cracking game. Enjoy!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:40pm   #64
Joined Apr 2008

Rugby Trader started this thread Come on Ireland!
Rugby Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:52pm   #65
Joined Dec 2008

Bugger!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:02am   #66

Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
Funny scene where all the traders are watching Wall Street (the film) and reciting the dialogue as they go.
Not seen Boiler room, will look it up, and also not seen Wall Street 2 either, anyone review it?

Going back 20 years or so, I liked a TV series called Capital City, anyone remember that? Some of the stories involved the bank traders....used to answer the phone at work 'Shane Dealers' sometimes, when I was young and daft
peterf1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:43am   #67
Joined Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post
Not seen Boiler room, will look it up, and also not seen Wall Street 2 either, anyone review it?

Going back 20 years or so, I liked a TV series called Capital City, anyone remember that? Some of the stories involved the bank traders....used to answer the phone at work 'Shane Dealers' sometimes, when I was young and daft
Oh my God. Makes me want to go an order it from Amazon. I'd forgot all about that series. Boiler Room was good though. V. Diesel's best role if you ask me.
runningdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 10:34am   #68
Joined Apr 2008

Rugby Trader started this thread Boiler room is very good indeed.

christ my head hurts, need to rewatch the rugby this morning cos i don't remember much after Ashton's first try!
that's the problem with friday night rugby. straight into the pub after work and by the time the match is on i'm swaying. The queues at the bar were so bad I was buying two pints at a time, which isn't really a good idea as i end up drinking quicker than normal.

MY HEAD HURTS!!!
Rugby Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:27am   #69
Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Trader View Post
Boiler room is very good indeed.

christ my head hurts, need to rewatch the rugby this morning cos i don't remember much after Ashton's first try!
that's the problem with friday night rugby. straight into the pub after work and by the time the match is on i'm swaying. The queues at the bar were so bad I was buying two pints at a time, which isn't really a good idea as i end up drinking quicker than normal.

MY HEAD HURTS!!!
i wish I didn't remember it . . . . .
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:29am   #70
Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterf1966 View Post

Ah yes, Capital City - the genius trader with the questionable (even in those days) pony tail haircut.

Wall Street 2 isn't as good as the original but I thought it was worth a watch. Funny very brief scene where he bumps into Bud Fox from the first film.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:46am   #71
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:
Ah yes, Capital City - the genius trader with the questionable (even in those days) pony tail haircut.

Wall Street 2 isn't as good as the original but I thought it was worth a watch. Funny very brief scene where he bumps into Bud Fox from the first film.
Yes I agree, Wall Street 2 isn't as good as the original, although I really like the way they superimpose charts onto buildings and various other scenes.

Bud Fox scene is funny, shame they didn't make more of his cameo appearance.

Haven't seen Capital City, will check it out!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:02pm   #72
Joined Jun 2010

LOL just watched some clips of Capital City on YouTube, it's 80s tastic!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:31am   #73
Joined Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Trader View Post
Boiler room is very good indeed.

MY HEAD HURTS!!!
Great win for England, going on Saturday v Italy the only game I could get tickets for this time.

Things are looking good at the moment, hopefully we can find the missing consistancy and win the tournement.
everydaytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:48pm   #74
Joined May 2009

Hi Guys, Just found this site after having recently joined Net Trap and the private forum. It's great just to have a chat about nothing in particular and definitely not trading. I'm just an old guy, semi retired and trading for a couple of years. Read all the comments about sports and any sport that I normally wouldn't bother with I always tune into if England are playing. I lost interest in Rugby at school when I decided to get a bit macho with the biggest kid in the school and ended up with two front teeth out and the rest of them going in a different direction to my jaw. Agree with the comments about footballers. I love football and enjoy a good game but the histrionics of thick, massively overpaid juveniles does take a lot of the enjoyment away. I don't know whether any of you remember a series called Million Dollar traders about two years ago, just about the time I started trading. It definitely showed up the emotional side of the business and although I enjoyed it I didn't learn from it. Keep the comments going. They are great
moore_roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:37pm   #75
did
Joined Oct 2010

Oh my god I've just been out in the wild west. I didn't realise it was going to be the wild west, but when I got there it was full of trader rage. Where I am talking about? The general area of T2W!!! I just had a surf round and came across the 'anyone using Dubai strats' thread. Basically it's a load of folk who seem to know lots about nothing all having a pop at Dubai and anyone else that bought his strategies.

I'm not going there again, it's far to warm and comfy in here!
did is offline   Reply With Quote