Spreadbetting Company reviews for use with Forex Net Trap

This is a discussion on Spreadbetting Company reviews for use with Forex Net Trap within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by Dubai You can trade upto £10,000 a pip if you had the bankroll. LOL!! Keeping my feet ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:12am   #61

6 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Re: Spreadbetting Company reviews for use with Forex Net Trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai View Post
You can trade upto £10,000 a pip if you had the bankroll.
LOL!! Keeping my feet on the ground for now, however whatever the amount I doubt I'll be trading with this s/b company.
Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:50pm   #62
Joined Jul 2010

I mean www.ggmarkets.com

I think shortspreads is bascially the same company and platform but branded as the Agora/Gekko joint venture for some reason....affiliate fees probably something to do with it!!

I went to a free seminar on how to use gekko trading platform...the wine and cheese was good! A few people there complained about teh platform freezing up and therefore not being able to execute trades. Also the presenter said their iPhone app was several months away. So far, not so good.

Their claim to have small bet sizes is dubious, as far as I can see not much difference to IG, at least not for any instruments I was itnerested in trading. Playing with their platform I was not tooimpressed, looks to have been developed on a shoestring budget. And as I outlined above, their cash bonus required many trades beore you get to keep it. Think other (better) spread betting companies offer cash bonues occasionally, so IMO better to jsut look out for these deals and only
consider opening an account if its with a SB company who you would be happy with even if there was no cash bonus. Gekko/Shortspreads doesn;t qualify!

So, overall, quite a few strikes there so I will be giving it a miss. As you say, caveat emptor!
tradeviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:26am   #63
Joined Jun 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradeviking View Post
I mean www.ggmarkets.com

I think shortspreads is bascially the same company and platform but branded as the Agora/Gekko joint venture for some reason....affiliate fees probably something to do with it!!
Just opened a Demo a/c with ShortSpreads, looks identical to GGM to me.

The main feature is what appears to be useless charts, especially for Net Trap, because there seems to be no way to get 15-min candles which start on the hour.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious

Last edited by H5N1; Nov 24, 2010 at 8:00am.
H5N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:40am   #64
Joined Apr 2008

it is a whitelabel of the gekko markets.
Agora most likely gets a cut of the spread from each trade everyone places.
Rugby Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:44pm   #65

Joined Apr 2010

mark120169 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by H5N1 View Post
Just opened a Demo a/c with ShortSpreads, looks identical to GGM to me.

The main feature is what appears to be useless charts, especially for Net Trap, because there seems to be no way to get 15-min candles which start on the hour.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious
Guys stick with what is known to be good, IG index, ETX Capital, Capital Spreads, Smart Live markets (MT4)

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 2:09pm   #66
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark120169 View Post
Guys stick with what is known to be good, IG index, ETX Capital, Capital Spreads, Smart Live markets (MT4)

M
Agree!

Gekko, with their promise of low bet sizes and a cash bonus, warranted a closer look...what myself and tohers saw was not good at all. Got a free copy of "The Naked Trader" from them as well, what I bothered to read of it was very introductory level...who even gives away their books for free??
tradeviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:06pm   #67
Joined Jun 2010

Just discovered there's an iPhone app for SmartLive Markets (SLM), sweet! It's not quite as feature-rich as the IG Index app, but it covers all the basics.
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:12am   #68
Joined Jun 2009

anyone know if they still have their offer on of £xxx lossses covered for the first month?
sarnia cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:18pm   #69

Joined Mar 2009

Shortspreads/Gecko still have their £500 offers on.

However, my lawyerly inclinations were drawn to the smallprint of the offer, which shows it to be a complete waste of time unless you clean out your account. Any attempt to take out a penny of your initial deposit and the "cash bonus" gets deducted!
heatonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:12pm   #70

Joined Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger777 View Post
Just discovered there's an iPhone app for SmartLive Markets (SLM), sweet! It's not quite as feature-rich as the IG Index app, but it covers all the basics.
IGIndex has got a new updated app for Blackberry... looks good and more prof'nl. you should have got an email or txt... check on website>>

http://www.igindex.co.uk/spread-bett...g-landing.html
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:23pm   #71

Joined Oct 2010

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but does anybody know why MT4 in SLM has charts/times that appear to be 1 hour ahead of GMT? They seem to be a UK company so that doesn't explain it.

Further, I have Spin's EA running on MT4 on an SLM demo account and it is trading correctly but I can't see why or how it is reconciling the hour difference between the target trading time/candles and the hour difference on the charts.
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:49am   #72
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferking View Post
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but does anybody know why MT4 in SLM has charts/times that appear to be 1 hour ahead of GMT? They seem to be a UK company so that doesn't explain it.

Further, I have Spin's EA running on MT4 on an SLM demo account and it is trading correctly but I can't see why or how it is reconciling the hour difference between the target trading time/candles and the hour difference on the charts.
It all depends on who/where the broker gets their price feed from. SLM charts are indeed 1 hour ahead, like many other MT4 brokers.

As for the EA, Spin has inserted a nice bit of code that reconciles the broker time for you to GMT. Can't remember how he did it, he did post something on this forum about his method but I can't remember what it was. I'm sure Spin will be able to provide more details if you need it!
goldfinger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: surferking
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:32pm   #73

Joined Oct 2010

ahh, OK so likely a CET data supplier. Weird that times on the iPhone appear correctly though. Will see what the official line from their support is and post back here.
surferking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:00am   #74
Joined May 2010

Anyone knows whether SLM keep your money in a segregated account like IG does?
Tanguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:01pm   #75

Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiV View Post
IGIndex has got a new updated app for Blackberry... looks good and more prof'nl. you should have got an email or txt... check on website>>

http://www.igindex.co.uk/spread-bett...g-landing.html
I've got the new IG BB app. It does look better than the old one but doesn't seem to offer richer functionality (e.g. no MA on charts which I've asked them to add)

To be honest I use the old BB app more frequently than the new one just coz it's more responsive.
tdu8 is offline   Reply With Quote