Net Trap - Historic results and RH Monday Updates

This is a discussion on Net Trap - Historic results and RH Monday Updates within the Forex Net Trap forums, part of the T2W Archive category; This is from his weekly update on Sep 10th Dear MR, This week we had two winning trades, two losing ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:22pm   #31
Joined Apr 2008
Re: Net Trap - Historic results and RH Monday Updates

This is from his weekly update on Sep 10th

Dear MR,

This week we had two winning trades, two losing trades and one no trade day as it was a US bank holiday.

For avoidance of doubt, I trade British Bank Holidays when the US is still open.

But I don’t trade on US Bank Holidays

So for the week we had a net profit of +64 pips.
Rugby Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:39pm   #32
Joined Aug 2010

RH is indeed contradicting himself leaving it a little unclear. the original manual had no restrictions on bankholidays, but did recommend checking the charts everyday for a trade signal - so I think that's the way forward. Why miss a day when you could trade?

I still don't see why the hour changes should have any effect on our trades, so again I will be looking at the signals
Nick P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:51pm   #33
Joined Oct 2009

Hi Nick and others,

can you explain why the hour change should effect or not effect our trading. When does the our change go in and when does it end exactly?
haighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:28pm   #34
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Trader View Post
I got the following email off RH after querying a previous bank holiday

i do trade on British bank holidays when the US is still open.

I don't trade on US bank holidays.

Best wishes,

Richard

He's contradicting himself again.
Hi RT

I was about to try and justify RH's comment by saying that what he means is that he won't trade on a UK bank holiday if it is also a bank holiday in the US.

However, I just looked back at his update for Monday 6 September which was a US bank boliday but not in the UK.

RH's report for that day was ... "no trade, US bank holiday"

I don't want to sound to bitter as we are trading a profitable system that he came up with but you are quite right, he is contradicting himself.

Not sure if someone wants to highlight the discrepency in his reports between the 6 September and 11 October. One traded and one not yet both US bank holidays.

Phil
phil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:43am   #35
Joined Jun 2010

DId anyone get official results from last week?
DaxM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:31am   #36
Joined Jun 2010

No not yet
sxbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:20am   #37
Joined Jun 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxM View Post
DId anyone get official results from last week?
Manual arrived Monday, no results received so far though - was about to ask if anyone was able to post them up while Peter's away!
H5N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:22am   #38

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by H5N1 View Post
Manual arrived Monday, no results received so far though - was about to ask if anyone was able to post them up while Peter's away!
Rugby Trader has been asked but it's just that they have not arrived from RH yet to anyone it seems.

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:52pm   #39
Joined Apr 2008

Yep, no sign of them so far
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:29pm   #40

Joined Jan 2010

Being a newbie can anyone confirm if they will be trading next week with the time difference?
I know RH says not to but will it affect variant use??

Also will the time difference not actually help us this time with the clocks going back (as opposed to going forward)?
Nick
zcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:53pm   #41
Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcar View Post
Being a newbie can anyone confirm if they will be trading next week with the time difference?
I know RH says not to but will it affect variant use??

Also will the time difference not actually help us this time with the clocks going back (as opposed to going forward)?
Nick
Earlier this year, there was a week where our clocks changed but the US ones hadn't (or vice-versa) and RH said don't trade. I think some people traded it anyway. I guess the same would apply to the variants - the same volatility or whatever would affect them as the signal is the same. Might be worth keeping your stakes low just in case.
zorba_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:41pm   #42

Joined Jan 2010

Looking back at March the trades were mainly stopped out for -30 pips. Looks like next week isn't the week to start my trading!!
Nick
zcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:52pm   #43
Joined Apr 2008

Dear Rugby Trader,

First I must apologise if you didn't get your Monday update for Forex Net Trap as normal. It seems some gremlins got into the system and although I sent this to you it may have been held up in cyber space. It could mean you actually get this update twice, either way I'm sorry for the confusion.

Now let's get on to how Net Trap worked last week..

Hopefully you’ve had a chance to download the Net Trap Advanced Tactics.

If not they can still be found here.

And the password is ‘safety’

Please note I will continue to report results on the original Forex Net Trap System in these weekly updates.

Please also note for the week of Monday 1st to Friday 5th November, the clocks will be out of sync in UK and US.

This does appear to affect the results of Net Trap and so I won’t trade Net Trap that week.

Last week we had a disappointing end to the week.

We had two winning trades followed by three losing ones.

Overall we still made a net profit of +10 pips for the week.

I summarise the detailed trade orders and results below:

Monday 18th October
40 MA falling sell order at 15935.0, triggered at 6:45 am, hit profit limit at 8:01 am

Profit/Loss +50 pips.

Tuesday 19th October
40 MA falling sell order at 15865.0 triggered at 6:30 am closed manually at 15827.0

Profit/Loss +38 pips.

Wednesday 20th October
40 MA rising buy order at 15735.0 triggered at 7:31 am, closed manually at 8:30 am at 15717.0

Profit/Loss -18 pips

Thursday 21st October
40 MA falling sell order at 15779.0, triggered at 7:10 am, stopped out at 7:21 am.

Profit/Loss -30 pips

Friday 22nd October
40 MA rising, buy order at 15737.0 triggered at 6:49 am and stopped out at 8:17 am

Profit/Loss pips -30 pips

Weekly TOTAL Profit/Loss: +10 pips profit.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 5:09pm   #44
Joined Jul 2010

As well as the daylight savings issue, the US midterm elections are on November 2. Whatever effect this might have will be on Wednesday morning once results are in. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this might affect the cable? Personally I will be palying it safe and not trading, as that makes two big wild cards.
tradeviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:30pm   #45

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Trader View Post
Tuesday 19th October
40 MA falling sell order at 15865.0 triggered at 6:30 am closed manually at 15827.0

Profit/Loss +38 pips.

Interesting isn't that when you paper trade a system and don't live trade it and are in a rush to get results out it's each to check IG's charts for the 8.30 open price and do the calculation end send off the report.

Funny though, I also had 15827 close price on my results but only +35 pips, then of course you have to think ahhhh, but on a sell trade you have to add back the 3 pip spread to close on the ask price which was 15830.

But if Mr.Hill says he got a closing ask of 15827 who am I to check if the 8.30 bid price actually went as low as 15824 ?

M
mark120169 is offline   Reply With Quote