FXCM Discussion

This is a discussion on FXCM Discussion within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by morfisher So I assume that you still trade in full knowledge that the ND STP is bull ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:33pm   #33

Joined Nov 2009
Re: FXCM Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfisher View Post
So I assume that you still trade in full knowledge that the ND STP is bull with whoever your broker is then!
Interactive Brokers

Last edited by >Apocalypto<; Mar 19, 2010 at 2:44pm.
>Apocalypto< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 3:45pm   #34

Joined Jun 2009

Jason Rogers started this thread
Quote:
So I assume that you still trade in full knowledge that the ND STP is bull with whoever your broker is then!
Hi morfisher,

If someone doesn't take the time to give detailed answers and information but instead gives answers that this or that is "bull****" then it's probably a red flag. Just as with any other financial decision, it's important to do due diligence which is why I recommend you pose questions to each broker. How are they executing your trades? and do they explain how their execution works in full detail? In addition to the normal things you would look into with any business...what is their customer service like, how secure are my funds, is the platform user friendly, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to test FXCM's demo to compare. And if you have any questions, I would be happy to help.

-Jason
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:45pm   #35
Joined Jan 2010

FXCM have lots of different auto trading robots, if all these really work, how does FXCM make their money.
Thanks
morfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:10pm   #36

Joined Jun 2009

Quote:
FXCM have lots of different auto trading robots, if all these really work, how does FXCM make their money.
Thanks
Hi morfisher,

Are you referring to the Forex System Selector (FSS)? All of the systems on the (FSS) platform are provided by a third party developers. When you choose a system, the system developer earns a $1 commission per mini lot traded on your account. That is how they are compensated by you using their system.

All of the trades on the FSS platform are executed using NDD execution so FXCM is earning the pip mark up each time a trade is placed. Here on our website http://www.fxcm.com/fxcm-forex-execution.html , step 1 explains NDD execution and FXCM's compensation.

-Jason
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:01am   #37

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason rogers View Post
hi morfisher,

if someone doesn't take the time to give detailed answers and information but instead gives answers that this or that is "bull****" then it's probably a red flag.

-jason
nice personal spin JR

fxcm is marketing bull****. They mess with the spreads trade with a true ecn. Beware of fxcm nd stp it's a sale pitch

Last edited by >Apocalypto<; Mar 20, 2010 at 3:31am.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:18am   #38

Joined Nov 2009

Jason Rogers is paid to post on Trade2Win. He has a biased opinion that has to support FXCM.

their spreads on Active trader with the over priced comms and the Marking rubbish ND STP is no where near what Interactive Brokers or Dukascopy offer.

I have the opinion that FXCM is no different to any other bucket shop. Once you trade with the best, you can see straight though outfits like FXCM.

Last edited by >Apocalypto<; Mar 20, 2010 at 3:35am.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 4:43pm   #39

Joined Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Apocalypto< View Post
Jason Rogers is paid to post on Trade2Win. He has a biased opinion that has to support FXCM.
...Coming from someone who's nearly every post on T2W has been to promote IB or bash FXCM. I'm curious, have you even traded with FXCM before?

Of course I do work for FXCM so I will be biased. It's important that every trader test the demo, contact client support to evaluate customer service, understand execution method, etc to compare brokers. I won't go around saying "FXCM is the best because I said so!!! and if you don't agree with me it's bull**** ". Though some seem to think that's a compelling argument. Maybe some other brokers work that way .
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:50am   #40

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
...Coming from someone who's nearly every post on T2W has been to promote IB or bash FXCM. I'm curious, have you even traded with FXCM before?

Of course I do work for FXCM so I will be biased. It's important that every trader test the demo, contact client support to evaluate customer service, understand execution method, etc to compare brokers. I won't go around saying "FXCM is the best because I said so!!! and if you don't agree with me it's bull**** ". Though some seem to think that's a compelling argument. Maybe some other brokers work that way .
FXCM = Marketing hype, that's about it.