Oanda want my personal tax number

This is a discussion on Oanda want my personal tax number within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Oanda have just given me 4 days to update my account information or else I am not allowed to fund ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:46pm   #1
Joined Sep 2017
Oanda want my personal tax number

Oanda have just given me 4 days to update my account information or else I am not allowed to fund or trade further with them...

My Personal Public Service Number ( PPS number/Tax number ) is MY personal service number!
Why would these clowns be wanting that?

I mean... they have everything they need... my passport details, my address, my bank details...why would they want my PPS number?

Has your broker asked you for yours?

"You will also be required to provide new information in line with MiFID II requirements which come into force on 3 January 2018."
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.

Last edited by Nowler; Dec 14, 2017 at 2:53pm.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:30pm   #2

Joined Mar 2014
I have opened two new accounts in the last 12 months with Interactive Brokers and GKFX. They have both asked for my National Insurance number.
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:31pm   #3
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
regulatory requirement- without it you wont be able to trade. Jan2018 is deadline i hear
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:13pm   #4
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread ... hmmm...I hate handing out my info...
I don't understand why my PPS number is required though... they have more than enough info to know who I am.

This is BS
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:28pm   #5
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
... hmmm...I hate handing out my info...
I don't understand why my PPS number is required though... they have more than enough info to know who I am.

This is BS
How about buying some cryptos...good for anonymity I hear.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:39pm   #6
Joined Jan 2006
Oanda seems to be more aggressive than other brokers in preparing for the incoming regulations.

Oanda has advised a friend of mine that they will no longer accept his automated orders coming via API from MultiCharts (a 3rd party platform). This will take effect in the next couple of days.

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:47pm   #7
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by options-george View Post
Oanda seems to be more aggressive than other brokers in preparing for the incoming regulations.

Oanda has advised a friend of mine that they will no longer accept his automated orders coming via API from MultiCharts (a 3rd party platform). This will take effect in the next couple of days.
This is actually a good thing then I guess.
I got a bit saucy when my Credit Union asked me for it too... but still gave it to them

It's comforting to hear that they take regulations seriously.
Helps protect all parties involved.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:22am   #8
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
..."You will also be required to provide new information in line with MiFID II requirements which come into force on 3 January 2018."
when they asked Enlightened Joe for his NI number, he had delusions that the "shop" was investigating him, because his advanced tarding techniques were causing concern
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:41pm   #9
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
when they asked Enlightened Joe for his NI number, he had delusions that the "shop" was investigating him, because his advanced tarding techniques were causing concern
Is this true, or are you kidding
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:07pm   #10
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Is this true, or are you kidding
he did imply they could be investigating him yeah, whether he was joking or not im not sure, i cant remember which thread it was in though
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:22pm   #11
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
he did imply they could be investigating him yeah, whether he was joking or not im not sure, i cant remember which thread it was in though
For his sake I am just going to assume he was joking
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:46am   #12
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
For his sake I am jut going to assume he was joking
bless him, i don't know whether he was any good at trading or not but he was entertaining at times