FxPro Discussion

This is a discussion on FxPro Discussion within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Pat494 thanks The page doesn't recognise that I already have a demo account with you, nor my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:32am   #33

Joined Oct 2012
FxPro Group started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
thanks
The page doesn't recognise that I already have a demo account with you, nor my email address ?
So I opened another one
um getting into a muddle here I think
Dear Pat494,

You don't have to be registered in the FxPro Direct in order to be able to use the FxPro Quant.

If you have opened the Demo account in the platform itself, it will not recognise your credentials.

Kind Regards,

FxPro Team
FxPro Group is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:20am   #34

Joined Oct 2012
FxPro Group started this thread Dear Members,

Please see below the Press Release announcing the slippage and re-quotes statistics for the month of March:

FxPro Committed to Fairness and Transparency

7 April 2015, London. A strong proponent of transparency and fair trading services, FxPro remains committed to providing its clients with not only full trade reporting and support, but also with advanced order-matching and execution technologies that are continuously upgraded. As a trusted broker for a growing number of clients worldwide, FxPro is pleased to announce its slippage statistics for the month of March:

• Positive = 36%
• At Quote = 36%
• Negative = 28%

As FX is an OTC (Over-the-Counter) product, clients may experience trades executed at a different price to the one displayed at the time. Operating as a Hybrid broker, using a non dealing agency model execution technology, FxPro allows its clients to access top-tier liquidity and to benefit from both its execution technology and its Negative Balance Protection guarantee, while also mitigating operational risk.
In conjunction with its slippage statistics, FxPro is also announcing the percentage of re-quotes that clients received during March:

• Re-quotes = 4.32%
• Positive = 2%
• Negative = 2.32%

FxPro CEO, Charalambos Psimolophitis, commented on these encouraging statistics:
“At FxPro we have long been supporters of transparency and fairness in the Forex industry, and have worked hard to eradicate all conflicts of interest between broker and client. Having adopted a Hybrid Agency Model, we provide our clients with not only superior educational resources and trading tools but also with a guarantee of their funds’ safety. In an industry where it is taken for granted that slippage almost always goes against the client, we are pleased to demonstrate that this is not in fact the case. As the topic of slippage symmetry comes into greater focus, we encourage other brokers to be as forthcoming with their own execution statistics.”
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:25pm   #35

Joined Oct 2012
FxPro Group started this thread Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the following changes and additions:

New Instruments:

- MT4: Gold by grams and Ounces. Brent Oil Futures

- MT5: Brent Oil Futures

Trade Related Updates:

- Margin requirements for all Swiss Franc (CHF) pairs will be decreased to 1%. In other words you will be able to trade all CHF pairs with a leverage of up to 1:100.

- MT5 will be employing Dynamic Leverage. As a result of this change, MT5 account holders will be able to increase their account leverage up to 1:500 in line with the MT4 and cTrader.

All of the changes and additions are available now.

Shall you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

FxPro Team
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:03pm   #36

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Hi there,

I would like to ask if your demo trader accounts truly are free and time unlimited? I just wanted to double check before setting one up as I am concerned that there may be hidden obligations to sign up to a live account or something else which I have missed, or even hidden costs involved if I don't then go on to open a live account later on?

I am looking to set up a demo trading account to learn the ropes in forex on MT4 and so far FX Pro are high on my list.

I am going to email your team as well as have a few questions to ask. Hope that is alright.

Thanks in advance.
Alpha Moorhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:49am   #37

Joined Oct 2012
FxPro Group started this thread Dear Alpha Moorhen,

Our demo accounts are free and unlimited, with no costs or obligations whatsoever.

Please do email or contact our support on chat for whatever question you might have, or just post here. We will be very happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

FxPro Team
Old May 5, 2015, 10:44am   #38

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Dear FX Pro,

I have been testing out MT4 on your demo account for about a week. I am becoming more familiar with the settings and trading procedure that the software offers.

I have a few very basic questions about the trading process in MT4:

1) You deposit your capital with FXPro e.g. 1000 pounds which goes in to the vault on your account, and you can allocate money to your trading account in MT4, say for example 500 pounds - and this shows as your balance. When you withdraw funds, are they taken from MT4 or from the vault in the FXPro online account?

2) When you place a trade in MT4 you enter a value in to the volume counter which represents lot sizes of borrowed currency, depending on the volume you enter for the trade for example 0.05 = 5,000 units of the currency to trade with.

The value of a single pip is calculated and will obviously change with different volumes and prices at trade entry, this calculates the value of 1 pip and each movement in price provides a profit or loss which is then added or deducted from you 500 pound deposited balance.

It is not the 5000 units of currency that you can lose from your balance, rather the impact this volume of currency has on a single pip's value - meaning that 5000 units of currency given in this example will only represent a few pence approximately per pip which is very small, so you are quite unlikely to wipe out your 500 pounds in one trade.

3) Having a balance of 500 ponds for example and trading with a volume of 0.05 = 5000 units of currency - is this understood to be a 10:1 leverage in the MT4 platform?

4) If you loose all of the money in the MT4 account balance, is the money in your vault still safe? In MT4 does the balance stop at zero, or can it go in to negative numbers? What happens if it is negative, can you end up owing money to the MT4 account?

I would be grateful if you could summarise the above in your own words. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Alpha Moorhen; May 5, 2015 at 11:09am.
Alpha Moorhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2015, 2:07pm   #39

Joined Oct 2012
FxPro Group started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Moorhen View Post
Dear FX Pro,

I have been testing out MT4 on your demo account for about a week. I am becoming more familiar with the settings and trading procedure that the software offers.

I have a few very basic questions about the trading process in MT4:

1) You deposit your capital with FXPro e.g. 1000 pounds which goes in to the vault on your account, and you can allocate money to your trading account in MT4, say for example 500 pounds - and this shows as your balance. When you withdraw funds, are they taken from MT4 or from the vault in the FXPro online account?

2) When you place a trade in MT4 you enter a value in to the volume counter which represents lot sizes of borrowed currency, depending on the volume you enter for the trade for example 0.05 = 5,000 units of the currency to trade with.

The value of a single pip is calculated and will obviously change with different volumes and prices at trade entry, this calculates the value of 1 pip and each movement in price provides a profit or loss which is then added or deducted from you 500 pound deposited balance.

It is not the 5000 units of currency that you can lose from your balance, rather the impact this volume of currency has on a single pip's value - meaning that 5000 units of currency given in this example will only represent a few pence approximately per pip which is very small, so you are quite unlikely to wipe out your 500 pounds in one trade.

3) Having a balance of 500 ponds for example and trading with a volume of 0.05 = 5000 units of currency - is this understood to be a 10:1 leverage in the MT4 platform?

4) If you loose all of the money in the MT4 account balance, is the money in your vault still safe? In MT4 does the balance stop at zero, or can it go in to negative numbers? What happens if it is negative, can you end up owing money to the MT4 account?

I would be grateful if you could summarise the above in your own words. Thank you in advance.
Dear Alpha Moorhen,

Please see the answers below:

1) The deposits and withdrawals are directly to and from the Vault. So, you allocate your deposit or part of your deposit to a trading account, and when you want to withdraw, you would transfer funds back to your Vault, and make the withdrawal directly from your Vault. This makes it easier to allocate funds to multiple accounts, and to withdraw profits to your vault as you wish.

3) There is a bit of confusion here because you can choose the leverage yourself. So for example, if you want to trade 0.05 (5000 units) and if you have a leverage of 1:10 then yes it would indeed require exactly 500 of the base currency of the pair traded, in order to place that trade.
On the other hand, if you had a leverage 1:50 for example, that same trade would only require 100 margin, leaving the rest of your balance as free margin.

4) You can only lose as much as you have in your account, and this is because we have a stop out in place to protect against your account going negative. We also offer negative balance protection, so even if the account were to fall into a negative balance, we would correct this for our clients.

Hope this was helpful and if you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support via live chat, or you can alternatively post here and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

FxPro Team
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:17pm   #40

Joined Oct 2012
FxPro Group started this thread Dear members,

It is my pleasure to announce that we have increased our newest product offering, effective from today.

Please see below the Press Release on this matter:

FxPro Increases it’s Product Offering

01 June 2015, London. Award winning FX broker FxPro is pleased to announce it has expanded its product range offering to encapsulate numerous additional Contract for Difference (CFDs) including numerous additional shares*, indices, commodity and energy futures. More particularly, the broker shall be offering some of the most popular and liquid shares listed on the French, British, German and US markets, new spot indices such as the China 50 and USD index, enhanced energy and agricultural futures including cocoa and coffee, thereby enabling clients to further diversify their trading activity while taking advantage of FxPro’s award-winning services. These new products can be traded on the FxPro MT4 platform and are available as of June 01, 2015.

Known for operating as a No-Dealing-Desk broker, offering top-tier liquidity and superior execution technology, FxPro is ever expanding and improving its services. The broker has therefore introduced these much-anticipated additions to its product range with the aim of meeting its clients’ needs and investment objectives.

FxPro CEO, Charalambos Psimolophitis, commented on this development:
“Every new service we offer is driven by our ongoing attempts to secure better trading conditions for our clients. Having observed an increasing demand for CFDs on more products, we have responded with these new additions in effort to provide our clients with the opportunity to expand their trading activities, while also enjoying the benefits of our platforms and high standards of execution.”

*Shares are only available to clients of FxPro Financial Services Limited

The list of new products is as follows:

Indexes
Agricultural Commodities
Energies
Spot Indicies
Most traded and liquid shares from the US, UK, France and Germany

Shall you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

FxPro Team

Last edited by FxPro Group; Jun 1, 2015 at 3:45pm.