Brokers with Unlimited open orders

This is a discussion on Brokers with Unlimited open orders within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by dermotobrien I wonder how many positions is your EA opening/closing a day Like 600 0.01 size and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:03pm   #9
Joined Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dermotobrien View Post
I wonder how many positions is your EA opening/closing a day
Like 600 0.01 size and in case of S&P 0.1 size for 8 trading symbols

Krzysztof
Krzysiaczek99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:23am   #10
Joined Sep 2012
I remember a broker only allows maximum 500 open positions and I don't think we need more.
bigmistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:41pm   #11
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmistake View Post
I remember a broker only allows maximum 500 open positions and I don't think we need more.
Looks too much, you will have issues with platform running all those 500 orders. If I remember my broker Нotforex offers no more than 100 orders on Premium account, but will check later and get back to you.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2017, 8:04pm   #12
Joined Feb 2016
I think opening maximum positions also depends on the balance amount as well, so whenever the balance amount is utilized per standard lot executed then we may not open any transaction onwards.
progix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 2:02pm   #13
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by progix View Post
I think opening maximum positions also depends on the balance amount as well, so whenever the balance amount is utilized per standard lot executed then we may not open any transaction onwards.
Indeed. It also depends on your leverage. Basically a position size you can open with 1:50 leverage is 10 times less you can open with 1:500. That's why I use the highest leverage available at my Нotforex platform and adjust risk by changing lot size.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:03pm   #14
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Indeed. It also depends on your leverage. Basically a position size you can open with 1:50 leverage is 10 times less you can open with 1:500. That's why I use the highest leverage available at my Нotforex platform and adjust risk by changing lot size.
Really? its too big I think you should have very big money at stake to open such mighty positions. Are you sure your broker will be able to handle them effortlessly. Its not about moving 1 lot in/out of market. Max I made with tickmill is 25 lots but it was a news trade and I barely closed it with $2000 profit on tp
billyjean is offline   Reply With Quote