Tips for 5 min betting ?

This is a discussion on Tips for 5 min betting ? within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Any Tips for 5 mintues betting ( choice odds ) ?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:51am   #1
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Tips for 5 min betting ?

Any Tips for 5 mintues betting ( choice odds ) ?
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:18pm   #2
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Any Tips for 5 mintues betting ( choice odds ) ?
Yes, quite simply Don't

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Hoggums
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:20pm   #3

Joined Jul 2007
That was going to be my reply but thought there might be a better one if someone has more info on the platform.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:42pm   #4
tar

Joined Nov 2006
tar started this thread Trader333 & Shadowninja is this about 5 mintues betting or Choiceodds website ?
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:46pm   #5

Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Trader333 & Shadowninja is this about 5 mintues betting or Choiceodds website ?
Choice odds for whom is the question.

As for betting five mintues, is this some kind of new instrument on the market or a peppermint only to be eaten on a Tuesday?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:46pm   #6

Joined Jul 2007
I only have experience of 5 minutes betting on IG. It is a good way of losing money quickly.

It sounds easy. Just pick a direction and go. In the blink of an eye, though, the situation can change.

I used to do 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 1 hour and daily binaries. I think "proper" trading is the way forward.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:25am   #7
Joined Nov 2001
5 minute trading is random. You are at the mercy of the next big trade that comes along and you don't know whether that trade will be a buy or sell. In addition, the marketmakers will be, constantly, trying to take out stops.The spikes will be a factor, as well.

5 minute traders with close stops are on a hiding to nowhere. The mm's love them, they are the bread and butter.

The problem is that there are a lot of sprats trying to make money in the markets. How do they do that? They go to intraday trading and put close stops on the trades. The bigger traders go for the longer term and have stops farther away. The marketmakers are in the market for the easiest pickings---pure business.

There are arguments against the spreadbetting companies and for the direct trading ones.

Get wise! There is no difference. The firms are not the gamblers, the majority of traders are, and it makes no difference where they go, they will lose their money unless very close attention is paid to probabilities. Bar size is extremely important when placing stops. Anyone placing a stop withing the average, recent, bar length is almost certain to get stopped.

Split

Last edited by Splitlink; Apr 23, 2008 at 5:42am.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: bluetipex