trading platform

This is a discussion on trading platform within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; First time posting. Any suggestions for a good real time platform for nyse, dow and currencies with charting. I trade ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:33pm   #1

3 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
trading platform

First time posting. Any suggestions for a good real time platform for nyse, dow and currencies with charting. I trade mainly in cfds.
profryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:43am   #2
Joined Feb 2004
If you're trading CFDs, that probably limits it to CMC, IG or GFT. Saxo platform is a bit clunky for my taste. Concensus seems to be that IG charts are best, since CMC changed their package, but you'd be best off opening a demo account with all of them to try out the platform.
ns1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:49pm   #3

3 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
profryan started this thread Thanks for the info. I tried to sign up with ADVEN yesterday, but had a bad experience with an 0870 premium number, you know hanging on for ages, thinking there was nobody at the other end or they've gone to lunch. I try not to use services that use premium numbers. Anyway I called them twice today and they answered straight away both times, so I signed up. I use City Index for my CFDs and Quotestream for British shares etc.
profryan is offline   Reply With Quote