first step in backtest

This is a discussion on first step in backtest within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi everybody ,this is the first time i write here and i am some king of big newb.... I am ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:00pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
first step in backtest

Hi everybody ,this is the first time i write here and i am some king of big newb....
I am looking for a good software that can back test some day trading breakout strategie.I want to back test on both US and european markets.
As i dont know C++ language i am looking for something easy to use.
sandrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:51am   #2

8 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Hi -- I've used Tradestation 2000-i from Tradestation Securities (formerly Omega Research) for 7 years and have been happy with this program overall. Nowadays you have to open a brokerage account with them to get their latest version, but Tradestation is still pretty much the industry standard for system development. Easylanguage (based on Pascal) is the format used to develop and backtest your own custom systems with this software. Good luck.
traderjoe777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:07pm   #3
Joined Jan 2008
Metastock is a good tool for beginners
intradaybill is offline   Reply With Quote