How Do DayTraders Make Money in the Futures Market?

This is a discussion on How Do DayTraders Make Money in the Futures Market? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; I will interrupt this infomercial for one second. As I mentioned, I am not the smartest guy out there because ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:36pm   #151
Joined Jan 2009
I will interrupt this infomercial for one second. As I mentioned, I am not the smartest guy out there because so many of Stu's students are racking up the mini dow points and of course I failed to learn from this venerable sensei. I don't understand what is so hard about attaching your trade logs that are emailed to you EVERY night on here the next day with your profit/loss. Of course redact you account number but I mean come on what is so hard about that.
vrtrop22b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:15am   #152
Joined Aug 2008
mechanicaldaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtrop22b View Post
I will interrupt this infomercial for one second. As I mentioned, I am not the smartest guy out there because so many of Stu's students are racking up the mini dow points and of course I failed to learn from this venerable sensei. I don't understand what is so hard about attaching your trade logs that are emailed to you EVERY night on here the next day with your profit/loss. Of course redact you account number but I mean come on what is so hard about that.
The carton of spoiled milk again.....the code is 'new', ..after extensive backtesting (via Tradestation strategies) it was just rolled out last week.

If you don't like long entry mechanical trade entry setups (in color) that happen 2 or 3 times a day in an intraday market that has created a powerful sell formation, then I suggest you not subscribe to this thread. Nobody forces you to read this. .....Or read the previous posts stated such will be done.

I have recently updated the online manual for the upgraded software so anyone that cares to can see how clear the trading rules are along with near realtime illustrations (posted mid-trading session today).

No doubt I will now get criticized for not physically clicking the subscriber's mouse when a coequal GREENLINE formation with positive deviation and two Dow Behaviors occurs.

And..if the reader(s) continue to be so dissatisfied with these repetitive mechanical setups that work for anyone that is NOT colorblind..find something better, because obviously this sux, right?

I've been cranking out code for many years looking for a near 100% accurate long entry ...please let me enjoy it...if you've got something better I'll give you kudos and buy you a Guinness.

The Mechanical Trader
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:47am   #153
Joined Jan 2009
can someone please post some live trade logs? I can point to charts after the fact saying I got in here and I got in there till the cows come home. Why won't someone post just 2 consecutive days of all the mini dow points that you all are racking up. I don't care if it is Stu or one of his turtles. Just show us some profits please.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:40am   #154

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
can someone please post some live trade logs? I can point to charts after the fact saying I got in here and I got in there till the cows come home. Why won't someone post just 2 consecutive days of all the mini dow points that you all are racking up. I don't care if it is Stu or one of his turtles. Just show us some profits please.
Ha ha...I gotta put my 2cents in now.

That colorblind statement really got me......Stu...I gotta give you credit, that is common sense simplified....these are some very basic rules to your methodology....infact I took both of the trades today that you pointed out (not using your method but using pattern recognition)....not the same results....I could not hold on to the whole run ( still very profitable) but I understand what you are doing...and there is some merit to that....

Calling it 100% mechanical...ah um...hmmm..I see that point too.. a little bit more tenuous but okay I see the point...

Now I am not a subscriber and not interested in the method...yet (among other things I am color blind...) but I see what he says about momentum and price correlation.....

A serious point does niggle the back of my limited computational capacity that these patterns are in fact visible to proper application and not just using Stu's method, perhaps not with the staggering results he is putting forth but still...

So if one can combine the simplest ones then the case for Stu's expensive application remain arguable. And that's why I am not a subscriber already...

But vttrop...you gotta give him credit...it is based on a lot of common sense....yeah okay maybe he hypes it a little bit...but then he isn't forcing anyone to buy the thing, is he....?

And when Stuart sz about there being something better, there are a few around....that makes no difference ...what matters is our ability to take something and make the most of it....I would even argue that someone like me that already uses some really good tools can't utilize them effectively because my own lack of development as a good trader.....not because the tools were/are lacking...

That is why I am piqued by the method, that colorblind s**t though..ha ha....that's a big negative...so I'll just be content with my meager returns.....for now.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:49am   #155
Joined Jan 2009
Well if someone believes in the product they dispense, then why would they not use it day in and day out. This is the literal million dollar question. I repeat anyone can show you a chart AFTER the fact and say I took so and so trade. What happens when in REAL time the second leg of a double bottom is violated? Ok he mention coequals as a signal, how many time has that happened and the trade taken off like a rocket. So do you jump in the trade late only for it to retrace and stop you out? All of us can be chart wizards after the fact. Stuart promised certified statements so I think it is now put up time for the mechanic.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:24pm   #156
Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
patience...I would expect everyone that just got the code in the past few days to paper trade it up to 5 days before live trading. Many get into daytrading eagerly trading real money without waiting for watching, learning and feeling comfortable with the charts/methodology they are using. So my 'turtles' might have some real trades next week, in the meantime I'll be live trading from now on, the intensive testing, documenting and supporting users phase has ended.

The Mechanical Trader
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:33pm   #157
Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucalion View Post
Ha ha...I gotta put my 2cents in now.

That colorblind statement really got me......Stu...I gotta give you credit, that is common sense simplified....these are some very basic rules to your methodology...
Calling it 100% mechanical...ah um...hmmm..I see that point too.. a little bit more tenuous but okay I see the point...
I was around the colorblind quarterback Vinny Testaverde with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, so I do have experience with "colorblindness" (Vinny was colorblind and frequently threw to the wrong colored jersey).

There are 3 outcomes to the "coequal green" mechanical setup.

#1 - occurs during a downtrend, in which case the resulting upward retracement should be SOLD and the coequal green is used as a setup to the future short. Going long here will frequently get you stopped out. (rule = don't buy coequal support in downtrends)

#2 - occurs after the suspected downtrend has ended (Downtrend Ends in my methodology) - mechanically the brown SUPPORT line has not risen, but the coequal green + positive deviation + Dow Behaviors occurs. The market is bought (long +1 example) and the exit occurs when the DEVIATION is maxxed out and goes negative.

#3 - occurs AFTER the #2 setup (the market has retraced down from the #2 maxxed out DEVIATION and the brown SUPPORT line has risen. Coequal green plots subsequent to the SUPPORT rising, trader is long +2 (double the # of contracts of #2 occurrence) and then exits each of the two long positions at higher highs and Dow Behaviors. This #3 occurrence of coequal green is where the big points lie.

#4 - market has continued the uptrend after #3, future coequal green plots that coincide with a current rising SUPPORT (that brown line, remember?) should also be bought aggressively, as in #3 case above.

If you study the online charts I've posted you can see most of these cases occurring.

The Mechanical Trader
Old Jul 23, 2009, 4:08pm   #158
Joined Aug 2008
mechanicaldaytrader started this thread Yeah, there were coequal greenlines at 6 minutes after the open of the Dow today....

COEQUAL GREEN INDICATOR AUTOMATION
Based on how this indicator performs, the user should know the condition of the market at all times, which will prevent frequent losing long entries during Downtrending markets. There's one simple rule, if the market does not support that rule, you're still in a Downtrend, stay short.

The automation will advise the user to enter long based on three different scenarios:

FIRST SCENARIO: 70% of long entries will likely conform to this scenario, backtesting has found losses at the tops of markets (which should never be bought anyhow)
SUPPORT (remember that brown line?) is now automated as an indicator, so the scenarios above of #1, #2 and #3 above are irrelevant. If the SUPPORT goes up, buy, max stop is 15 ticks > current SUPPORT (in a strong market), this automation will be in CYCLE FINDR V (release saturday with a online video I'll post here).

10% of long entries will likely conform to second scenario
If the market reverses upward from a plunging low, once the market gets above the current SUPPORT level, buy the coequal GREENLINE. Set your stop just below the coequal GREENLINE. You should see a Dow Behavior here, but it's not required.

20% of long entries will likely conform to 3rd scenario
If the market reverses upward from a plunging low and rises above the second lowest SUPPORT level, enter long @ or > 2nd lowest SUPPORT, the market will hug this support level then go higher, a tight stop can be used. You should see a Dow Behavior that causes this reversal, but not required.

I'll be trading this automation starting tommorrow (Friday). All long entries will conform to one of these 3 scenarios, I expect losses/scratches in 2 out of 10 trades, with mini dow point profits far outnumbering mini dow point losses - it will be interesting to see how it goes. FUN!

The Mechanical Trader
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:05pm   #159

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Re: How Do DayTraders Make Money in the Futures Market?

Sounds good and beneficial,you just need to know the right method which can help you an effective way to increase sales and business for numbers of people,will be great deal for all traders.Thanks for the recommendation.
wilsonlee is offline   Reply With Quote