How Do DayTraders Make Money in the Futures Market?

This is a discussion on How Do DayTraders Make Money in the Futures Market? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Claudia123 Shame - was looking forward to Dante having his 2 cents worth would be funny T_D ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:45pm   #64

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia123 View Post
Shame - was looking forward to Dante having his 2 cents worth would be funny
T_D is free to post Claudia, I haven't stopped debate, just called a halt to the ad linking and hooks
Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:06pm   #65
Joined Jun 2008
considering all the money and holidays this guy has/takes he seems a little jumpy, at what compared to most vendors were, fairly easy (only slightly) critical questions, wonder why?
The fact is that only a small percentage of any given population are willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve wealth. Few people are willing to do what most are unwilling to do. Those who succeed, are the ones willing to go beyond their comfort zones and challenge their beliefs. They are the ones prepared to understand themselves, their conditioning and their psychology.
bfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:26pm   #66
Joined Jun 2008
this is the message he just sent me

"surely you jest"! Certainly not Dante & Neil, right?

Please document the "slightly critical questions" I have been asked that my replies are not up to your standards.

Not likely, more like smears, misquotes, mischaracterizations. Again, be specific, I'D LOVE TO SEE THEM!

The Mechanical Day Trader

wow what an argumentative c**t
The fact is that only a small percentage of any given population are willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve wealth. Few people are willing to do what most are unwilling to do. Those who succeed, are the ones willing to go beyond their comfort zones and challenge their beliefs. They are the ones prepared to understand themselves, their conditioning and their psychology.
bfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 8:37pm   #67
Joined Aug 2008
mechanicaldaytrader started this thread Mahlowe. What, Master Henslowe ! Surely you
jest ?
I know well enough that of all the wares in
the world there is none so poorly appraised as a
poet's inventions : but, bethink you, even we poets
must have money. Silver we need for wine ; and
for wenches not silver but gold.

Henslowe. Then you' d best foreswear the wenches.

Marlowe. Not I ! Give me ten crowns and the
play (software...lol) is yours.

Henslowe. I can do well enough without it.
You shall have eight.

-- William Shakespeare

ha..ha...ha..Good Trading, ya'll ! catch ya in a week!
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:58pm   #68

Joined Aug 2005
Hey Mechanicaldaytrader,

I feel we got off on the wrong footing mate. I really wasn't saying your stuff didn't work, no matter what it seemed like.

And you're right, the day traders I talk about (e.g. examining the order flow) are, for the most part, scalping and you are looking to catch the bigger trend so that is fair enough.

I was just giving my 2 cents because regardless of whether what you teach is profitable, you have to admit there is a lot of bullsh*t out there - you know the deal: "I make x zillion ticks per day - money back guarantee etc"

Anyway, I'll readily admit when I'm wrong and I guess I jumped the gun - I just saw your youtube vid with indicators et all and thought "ah gee...here goes another one..." but if you say it's profitable and you have subscribers that back it up then who am I to argue?

I'm actually a competitive guy so I would love to take you up on your offer of a day trading competition but (and this is not a get out clause), I'm not a day trader. I just take pips/ticks when I see them. I might not trade for a few days and then take a big move in one go...

Anyway, mate, all the best and sorry for disrupting the thread.

Tom

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:08am   #69
Joined Aug 2008
Final software release is on the street....

mechanicaldaytrader started this thread Version 2.2 is reality, and is released. It comes with a updated "warranty" or "guarantee" of minimum performance if trading rules are followed. The updated warranty is located on the right sidebar of the website if u want to check it out. Within the next month, trading statements will be made available for public inspection in PDF form.

Good Trading Everyone!

The Mechanical Day Trader

Last edited by mechanicaldaytrader; Mar 28, 2009 at 12:59pm.
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 1:49pm   #70

Joined Jun 2003
Day Raider Review

I thought I would write a review as I feel it is warranted to make known how good this method is. I said method not SYSTEM. As a fulltime trader, I am continually looking to improve my trading arsenal with new methods and markets and I have been drawn recently to futures from US Stocks because:

• Focusing on one instrument day in day out is less complicated and more productive. I’d rather be a master of one than a jack of all trades.
  • Each individual stock has it's own characteristics of price movement and it's character can change from day to day, making it either a good or bad choice to trade at any given time.
  • Market liquidity. Futures are always liquid enough. Market orders are instant. No strange fills or jumps in price.
  • Share size allocation easier
  • Spreads remain constant and are not jumping about
  • No risk of random company news
  • Less stressful – finding and juggling stocks, analysing the futures, analysing sectors
  • No market maker games
  • No routing decisions
  • Taxes less complicated
The list goes on…..

My due diligence of mentors led me to a shortlist of three top futures traders/trainers. Stuart came out on tops after an initial chat as the other 2 S&P traders focussed more on scalping the order book with big size. This did not appeal to me, but Stuart’s method of catching every reversal and staying in the trend for 90% suited me. Stuart knows the Dow like the back of his hand after 12years watching and trading the same market day in day out. Potential students must be serious about trading and earning v.good money as Stuart does not want time wasters. The most important part of Stuart is his teaching and his passion of how good the method is, he literally has it cracked! What he describes is, in my eyes, complex and extremely technical but he makes sure you don't move onto the next part until it is fully understood. You do have to do your homework and start thinking for yourself and not just having it handed to you on a plate. Some people would disagree with this, but in my experience, a lazy trader who cant think for themselves or take the initiative and back test the theory, will IMO not be successful. It does take 3-4 weeks to memorize and back test the theory. Stuarts method starts at the ground roots, how to read a chart, even this opened my eyes, then you learn about the reversals specific to the Dow. Then you learn about institutional mechanical systems and 5 day money flow and where they take positions to hold overnight. Yes you can even trade with the institutions overnight. Then you learn to identify every reversal that happens, you can describe a whole days worth of trading and explain why it reversed. Lastly there are behaviors that are only exhibited by the Dow. After you’ve worked out if the mechanicals are long or short, you wait for your reversal rule, which has to coincide with 2+ Dow behaviors, then you learn about how to take low risk entries in Dayraider. Dayraider has proprietary indicators that graphically display optimum entry and exit points. It is not a signal system, be careful here, it is a methodology that still requires some discretion and judgment. The learning materials are awesome, there are many streaming videos and you have unlimited support for a whole year, none of this 1-2 months support that some mentors offer, you can just skype Stuart whenever which is really handy.

I used to believe that the indices had no movement, well if you catch every reversal which I am 70% there, then you got yourself, 10-18 low risk reversals ranging from 30-200 points each. Yesterday we had a 100 point downtrend, with 2 20-30 point pullbacks, then a 100 point uptrend with 3 20-30 point pullbacks. By my calculations that’s 350 points average. Already this week, 3 days, I have made 800+ points.

Regards
Lee