Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

This is a discussion on Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by guyko21 Hi there ... while not wanting to get into a big public thing, I'm really not ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:20am   #256
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyko21 View Post
Hi there ... while not wanting to get into a big public thing, I'm really not aware of that being the case with any of our ad copy for FlagTrader, Illuminati-Trader, etc. Accordingly, only some of the testimonials have pictures because they are the actual people in question.

I am aware there are other affiliate websites which even carry my name "--------.net" and I've asked the proprietors of those to remove the sites and/or content. It's a hazard of affiliate marketing. In some cases something to do with my name is highlighted in a headline or Google link, but something completely different or of a competitive nature is being sold. When it's pointed out, we find the owner, ask them politely to remove it, and in one case I took it to Google.

All our testimonials had to be vetted in order for the likes of Agora - who are very thorough with their due diligence - to publish them.

One thing that is common though is that many don't like their identities to be revealed. My most successful student is in the US and he's written many glowing emails about his trades, but asks for his name to be altered because he doesn't want his wife to know he's trading as they are Moslem, and she considers it gambling. In such cases we forward the original email to Agora for approval, along with the request to have the name altered. This certainly does not invalidate a genuine testimonial.

I hope that's answered your question candidly. The one link that has been posted on here isn't my site, and I've requested it to be removed.

Regards

Guy
Which websites are your official ones then?
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:31am   #257
Joined Sep 2006

Hi pboyles

That "--------.net" site isn't one of ours and I've asked for it to be removed. Just so you have the full picture - that copy was used by an affiliate for a seminar back in 2009. None of the links work.

I must admit, I cringe looking at copy like that, but if the independent statements and testimonials back it up then it's the copy-writer's job to make it appealing. At the seminar in question, those who requested refunds at lunchtime got them with no questions asked. And at that seminar I made a pretty big mistake in focusing largely about options, which the attendees really weren't equipped for. The problem was I'd promised it and had to stick to the agenda even though I could see a bunch of attendees were lost.

As such, I don't really cover options in UK workshops any more as there simply isn't the appetite for them, and it can be a sticky topic.

Also, just glancing at that piece before it comes down, what they did was put a row of picture-snaps of people above the testimonial section - none of them are adjacent to anyone's actual testimonial. I think it's pretty clear that those would have been taken from Getty Images or something similar, and most people would realize that. If you look at them, they're all nice looking people with every demographic covered - that says something in itself!

Anyway, my main point here is I will always try to answer questions and not hide, though as you can see I'm not much of a forum-guy either.

I hope I've answered your questions here. When you consider everything that's out there, one thing that stands out is that FlagTrader doesn't get negatively bashed from those that use it or those that have come into contact with us. Neither does our support get questioned, nor our fairness in treating customers.

It took me years to accept it, but ad-copy won't do its job unless it's a bit edgy and dramatic. But there's proper substance in my systems and fairness in the support that we offer, and surely that's the most important thing.

Lastly, can I ask if you want to be in contact, email me on Guy@optioneasy.com - I'm Forum'd out now!

Regards

Guy
guyko21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:35am   #258
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyko21 View Post
Hi pboyles

That "--------.net" site isn't one of ours and I've asked for it to be removed. Just so you have the full picture - that copy was used by an affiliate for a seminar back in 2009. None of the links work.

I must admit, I cringe looking at copy like that, but if the independent statements and testimonials back it up then it's the copy-writer's job to make it appealing. At the seminar in question, those who requested refunds at lunchtime got them with no questions asked. And at that seminar I made a pretty big mistake in focusing largely about options, which the attendees really weren't equipped for. The problem was I'd promised it and had to stick to the agenda even though I could see a bunch of attendees were lost.

As such, I don't really cover options in UK workshops any more as there simply isn't the appetite for them, and it can be a sticky topic.

Also, just glancing at that piece before it comes down, what they did was put a row of picture-snaps of people above the testimonial section - none of them are adjacent to anyone's actual testimonial. I think it's pretty clear that those would have been taken from Getty Images or something similar, and most people would realize that. If you look at them, they're all nice looking people with every demographic covered - that says something in itself!

Anyway, my main point here is I will always try to answer questions and not hide, though as you can see I'm not much of a forum-guy either.

I hope I've answered your questions here. When you consider everything that's out there, one thing that stands out is that FlagTrader doesn't get negatively bashed from those that use it or those that have come into contact with us. Neither does our support get questioned, nor our fairness in treating customers.

It took me years to accept it, but ad-copy won't do its job unless it's a bit edgy and dramatic. But there's proper substance in my systems and fairness in the support that we offer, and surely that's the most important thing.

Lastly, can I ask if you want to be in contact, email me on Guy@optioneasy.com - I'm Forum'd out now!

Regards

Guy
Can you give us the URLs of your official websites?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:51am   #259
Joined Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Can you give us the URLs of your official websites?
Last post! These are the main official sites - there are other small satellite sites for the OVI as well.

www.flag-trader.com
www.privatetradersclub.com
www.tradethebanks.com
www.illuminati-trader.com
www.optioneasy.com

Most of our ad-copy is in the process of switching to video. All "long" copy pages must be vetted by Agora first, and as such only FlagTrader is being actively promoted in that form at the moment and only to subscribers. There are undoubtedly other ad-copy pages "alive" right now, but they aren't being promoted and have no traffic going to them.

Regards

Guy

PS - Late addition: I just received this email this afternoon and had to post it! I've deleted his email address and chopped his first name to just his initial. We've mentioned RIMM a few times during its downtrend and it's had a persistently negative OVI since March, which is why it's been on everyone's radar.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [SUPPORT #YUK-803984]: webinar
To: support@flag-trader.com

Hi - please tell Guy Cohen I love him dearly!!! A sudden jump in RIMM and the whole course is now paid for! A unique experience to me - the earth even moved!
Best wishes
M Barry

Last edited by guyko21; Jun 17, 2011 at 7:21pm.
guyko21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:38am   #260
Joined Jun 2008

in truth i think we are all knit picking at Guy .Guy has given an incredible proposition that makes the secret flag trader risk free for 28 days .no one has anything to lose by trying it out and i will certaitly be doing so.
what i have missed in my two years of trading is a rock solid ,robust trading plan whith a strong leader who has certainty in his system and can impart that confidence into his students .i pray guy cohen is that man.
whatever success i have had in other walks of life have all been down to me having a strong mentor in the early days whom i could emulate and copy and get to their level of success.
i am beginnig to see that trading is a mental game and if a number of people beleive in the same thing it will be successfull .
what will be intersesting is to see how clear it is when it comes to trading flags .Cashmaster pointed out in his review that what he saw as a clear signal may differ to what another sees as a clear signal .and if that is the case then it will lead to ambiguities in the system and thats where it could fall down.
Cashmaster also said that one would need tens of thousands to trade at ten pound a point as the stop loss on most trades were very wide .this also worries me as it would seem the starting bank would need to be at least 10k .never the leess im going to give it a try .
please excuse my lazy grammar but its 6am and i just got up .
marco dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:32am   #261

Joined Mar 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco dean View Post

.1.Cashmaster pointed out in his review that what he saw as a clear signal may differ to what another sees as a clear signal .and if that is the case then it will lead to ambiguities in the system and thats where it could fall down.

2.Cashmaster also said that one would need tens of thousands to trade at ten pound a point as the stop loss on most trades were very wide .this also worries me as it would seem the starting bank would need to be at least 10k .never the leess im going to give it a try .
please excuse my lazy grammar but its 6am and i just got up .
Two good points to steer clear of it, I would think ??

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:56am   #262
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
You are about to learn a very good, though expensive, lesson.

http://www.businessopportunitywatch....lag-trader.htm

Quotes below

"Guy Cohen tells the gripping story of a man who escaped from the Nazis and then used a "Secret Box" to generate two million dollars ... a secret which is now being revealed after fifty years to Guy Cohen's customers whho buy his Flag Trader system."

"According to Guy Cohen, Nicolas Darvas' "secret formula went with him to the grave ... until recently, when I decoded it".

Now that he's decoded it, Guy Cohen is offering this secret formula to you - his Secret Flag Trader system - for the price of £1,171.48.

"Guy Cohen says that with his Secret Flag Trader system you can be "pulling in £7k each month just by tapping a few keys on your PC! Around twenty minutes is all it takes ... a way of making money from the markets which is so quick, so simple and so profitable, it's almost immoral!".
Whats there to worry about, he's decoded the secret box from World War Two. They'll all be pulling in 7k a month with just 20 minutes work a day.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:59am   #263
Joined Oct 2006

I'm just happy the Nazi's didnt get that box, it could have changed the course of the war.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:16am   #264
Joined Oct 2006

I hope you havnt wired your money yet. It seems this secret box isn't so secret after all. Heres a free explanation.

http://www.boxcharts.com/darvas-box-...plained-1.html
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:13pm   #265

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:
I hope you havnt wired your money yet. It seems this secret box isn't so secret after all. Heres a free explanation.

http://www.boxcharts.com/darvas-box-...plained-1.html
Perpetual travelling and dancing in Argentina it is then folks

Draw a line, trade it. Price generally above, long, price generally below, short.
nunrgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:53pm   #266
Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco dean View Post
.never the leess im going to give it a try .
Given the lack of further report from you, I presume you are too busy pulling in 7k a day using this no risk for 30 days system ?
BeginnerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:16pm   #267
Joined Jun 2008

i have wsigned up and i will let you guys know how i have got on
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:17pm   #268
Joined Jun 2008

sorry signed up
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:23pm   #269

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2010

I purchased the Flag trader course about 9 months ago or so. Due to some unexpected changes with my work schedule I was unable to give the course any attention. I returned it just after 2 weeks, and received a full refund right away. I recently re-purchased and have been satisfied to say the least. I think you are misunderstanding what Guy means by secret, as it's not the flag pattern but rather a tool that scans the patterns and implements what I feel to be a pretty strong trading plan around it.

Between my purchases there's been a big upgrade as the new version includes his OVI indicator and scanner - I'm finding this is adding a lot of value.

If I had to say a downside, It would be the fact that I often find myself on the sidelines more than I would like. But, this was made very clear during the course. And the fact of the matter is, this is exactly what protects me and puts the odds in my favor the most when entering trades.

Prior to my first time purchasing I did enough research to make my eyes bleed, and I will be honest it sort of struck me as encouraging that I could not find any bad comments about Guy or his courses. In my experience him and his team did not hesitate when I had a personal issue and needed to return the course, so I was more than happy to give it another try when my personal circumstances allowed.

To me it also says a lot that Guy himself is willing to come on here, and answer questions with good grace and in a friendly kind of way.

Last edited by Cphelan; Jun 22, 2011 at 4:24pm. Reason: typo
Cphelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2011, 4:34pm   #270
Joined Oct 2006

Just got this from Guy, it was in my junk box so nearly missed it.

http://video.guycohen.com/ptcvideos/...011.03.22.html