Restricted shares

This is a discussion on Restricted shares within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by marypoppins Hi Lee Many thanks for replying. Yes we were asked to send more money to 'lift ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17, 2008, 11:53am   #8

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by marypoppins View Post
Hi Lee

Many thanks for replying. Yes we were asked to send more money to 'lift the restriction' so we declined.
The fact that this information came via United Utilies gave us the impression they were legitimate otherwise we would never have gone down this road.

We appreciate your taking the time to look into this for us.
Thank you for the appreciation, thats all I ever ask for.

Anything else I can help with just ask and keep trade2win.com updated with your progress (or not) to help others.
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 1:59pm   #9

Joined Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marypoppins View Post
H
Many thanks for replying. Yes we were asked to send more money to 'lift the restriction' so we declined.
Aha! I wondered how they would make money by offering to give you money when buying back shares. I wonder how much you had to send them?
Old May 17, 2008, 4:38pm   #10

9 Posts
Joined May 2008
marypoppins started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
Aha! I wondered how they would make money by offering to give you money when buying back shares. I wonder how much you had to send them?
£2,500 approx! nice little earner don't you think? This was a Japanese company that offered to buy the shares. How they got our details I don't know. These traders are so heard-hearted, they don't care if they ruin you. I read of a man in his 90's and they robbed him of evertyhing!
marypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 12:30am   #11

Joined Jul 2007
Some fee. Cheeky feckers. Just as well you asked on here.
Old May 19, 2008, 4:34pm   #12

9 Posts
Joined May 2008
marypoppins started this thread Hi Everyone

Just to let you know our progress. I decided that the only way forward was to find out once and for all if the shares were genuine so I emailed the Green Machine Dev. Corp. and asked them how I could do this. The company admin staff took our details and this morning verified that we are indeed shoreholders. The shares are genuine. The phonies are the people who keep trying to 'buy' them from us. I have now asked them the rules on the restriction that was put on these shares when we bought them and await their reply. I will keep you posted.
Old May 19, 2008, 5:40pm   #13

Joined Jul 2007
Well, that is a relief in a way. Keep us posted.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:45am   #14

9 Posts
Joined May 2008
marypoppins started this thread Dear Madam,

Hi

This is the reply from my email to Green Machine about restrictions.

The Company’s permission is not required. Reg S shares may be traded at any time to any person (or corporation) who is not a US citizen or resident of the US .

I have to say, Green Machine have been straightforward and helpful when I have asked them questions which is reassuring. I now feel much clearer about what I am dealing with.

Next question, selling these shares, what is the best way of selling them when we want to sell them? Advice would be appreciated. Also what is the usual rate of commission?