Im New To TRADING Where Do I Start?

This is a discussion on Im New To TRADING Where Do I Start? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; A good place to start might be Edwards and Magee. Probably not the kind of thing you want to do, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 3, 2013, 7:31pm   #25
Joined Feb 2012
Re: Im New To TRADING Where Do I Start?

A good place to start might be Edwards and Magee. Probably not the kind of thing you want to do, but well worth reading nonetheless.
The Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:11pm   #26
Joined Jul 2012

Is making up your own strategy of trading more important than adopting one?
ForexProdigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:09am   #27
Joined Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForexProdigee View Post
Making your own strategy would entail reading and learning from the established methods and strategies. So essentially, you will be adopting and absorbing a portion of one or more strategies here and there.
FringFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:33pm   #28
Joined Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FringFX View Post
Making your own strategy would entail reading and learning from the established methods and strategies. So essentially, you will be adopting and absorbing a portion of one or more strategies here and there.
OK Great. I came across a couple strategies that are rewiring the way I trade. I didn't know if successful traders did that. Maybe I'm over-thinking it, as long as I become profitable I guess.
ForexProdigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:54am   #29

Joined Jun 2013

After you pick a market to trade then I advise you get active on Twitter, use a piece of software called Tweet Deck you can get it free if you search on Google. Reason Twitter is handy for new traders is that you can follow specific people who are doing the same things as yourself. For instance, if you a trading the Bund follow Bund traders, if you trade FX follow FX traders, you will see them tweet throughout the day what they are looking at and it will help you as you are watching the markets simultaneously.....you can also interact with them in a FAST manner unlike the forums.

Forums are good to an extent, you can look through these after the market closes and get links/leads to do further research but stopping short of having someone sit next to you as you trade Twitter is an excellent tool I think if you are just getting into trading and not working at a prop firm.

We are a prop firm in London and we just started a little twitter feed, feel free to follow us, we tweet throughout the day on everything and anything market related. If you click our followers/following tab you will get a good list of like minded traders that you guys can then start following and see what they are looking at during the trading day which should definitely help you get started and guide you on the correct path.

Needless to say doing the usual reading books/researching is an obvious answer but as for help during market hours twitter is the way forward for new guys.

@Futex_Live
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:02pm   #30
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForexProdigee View Post
would suggest you need to do both...........a lot ...........borrow beg and steal dude ..........

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:03pm   #31
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futex_Live_Analysis View Post
After you pick a market to trade then I advise you get active on Twitter, use a piece of software called Tweet Deck you can get it free if you search on Google. Reason Twitter is handy for new traders is that you can follow specific people who are doing the same things as yourself. For instance, if you a trading the Bund follow Bund traders, if you trade FX follow FX traders, you will see them tweet throughout the day what they are looking at and it will help you as you are watching the markets simultaneously.....you can also interact with them in a FAST manner unlike the forums.

Forums are good to an extent, you can look through these after the market closes and get links/leads to do further research but stopping short of having someone sit next to you as you trade Twitter is an excellent tool I think if you are just getting into trading and not working at a prop firm.

We are a prop firm in London and we just started a little twitter feed, feel free to follow us, we tweet throughout the day on everything and anything market related. If you click our followers/following tab you will get a good list of like minded traders that you guys can then start following and see what they are looking at during the trading day which should definitely help you get started and guide you on the correct path.

Needless to say doing the usual reading books/researching is an obvious answer but as for help during market hours twitter is the way forward for new guys.

@Futex_Live
or not......
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:36am   #32

Joined Dec 2012
I am unsure of how to answer this question, but I know people who are very successful making 300% - 400% in this business. I am not lying they do exist it has to do with reading level II bid and ask orders and reading volume. If I say trading is permitted although you have to become a tactician otherwise its leaving to chance. I love this business but nature controls my game, so I have to use the source of EL 55 now. I can teach you how to use volume on the technical side but you will still need to read the fundamentals. The fundamentals are what I call the signs of the times, but remember that you should fear when others hope and vice versa.
CalvinLe55 is offline Newsletter / tip sheet / trading advice vendor   Reply With Quote