Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start?

This is a discussion on Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; For new traders with no trading system at i suggest u first construct a trading method and then test it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:38pm   #9

Joined Apr 2008
For new traders with no trading system at i suggest u first construct a trading method and then test it in a demo account.

If you dont have a clue and a place to get ideas from and see how a trading works u can vistit the post here and here u will get a complete method that even the newers newbe should manage with stritch rules. ANd some words of advice.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/day-...mini-ym-9.html

My last post is the one u should pay attention for, its simple and easy way of trading with no room for guessing.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Then head over to www.forexjunkie.com

We also provide free chatrooms and interesting articles and always up to date forex and Stock News.

Also check out free live 24h audio directly from the market expert and News commentary.
bnaimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:07pm   #10
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Useful Training Tutorials

Here's a series of three short videos which come from the official CME Group's website and produced by Jeff Quinto, a veteran futures trader. They provide a strong foundation for newbies to help them make the best start as well as provide a useful reminder of the basics for everyone else. The focus is on day trading futures, but the principles apply to all markets and timeframes . . .
Simulated Trading
1. Developing Your Trading Strategy
Jeff Quinto explains his theory of futures trading and provides a guide that will help you get started.
2. Building Your Trading Plan
Jeff Quinto provides insight into the way professional traders set realistic goals and track performance.
3. The Importance of Simulated Trading
Jeff Quinto explains why simulated trading can be the key to your trading success.
Enjoy,
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: apmf
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:01am   #11
Joined Oct 2005
How to start trading

Guys,

Having been through this and eventually made it through to being profitable, I really would say that the best way to learn how to trade - is to find a successful mentor.

For me, this was finding a very good signals service - which gave profitable signals while I was learning the skills associated with trading .. from the providers.

Do not pay for trading courses, unfortunately they are only designed to make money for those selling them. If the author is that good, then they should be able to list their recent trades for you.

Vince Stanzione is a very good example, of someone who pretends to be a really good guy who actually trades. It's all crap - he trades a little bit, if you ask him for his precise entries and exits ... "I don't release such information". Vince though, does make alot of money from some very slick marketing. Don't be sucked into it like I was !!!

As above, I would really urge people not to pay $1k for any course - they are all recycled versions of the same thing.

Best of luck to you all.

Last edited by timsk; Sep 24, 2010 at 2:41pm. Reason: Housekeeping
jansher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:18pm   #12
Joined Oct 2005
My vested interest is to help people to make money. Actually, no - my vested interest is to stop brokers stealing more and more of traders' money !!

I spent many years struggling to keep my head above water and it really didn't change until I came across two or three people that really changed everything for me.

Given that it is an unfortunate fact that, for a number of reasons, most people trading actually lose money and quite quickly - I have tried to steer people towards the route that brought me success.

More importantly, there are many scammers - selling "systems", "courses" which they suggest will have people make enormous returns.

I have no interest in a flame war, I will simply state my opinion and allow everyone to make their own mind up.

The question of why people want to teach the methodology - well, I would say two things here.

1) - I don't believe there is a "methodology" as such which can be taught, as much as a way of thinking which you glean when working with other people who have a long time track record.

2) - Why teach it ? - I asked the same question some time back and the traders said that someone was kind enough to show them some time ago and it's actually very nice to see others succeed.

Some of the guys I work with are trading their own accounts with 50 big sps on a position, they don't need to be passing on anything as they are making more than enough money from trading. I think it's cool that they helped me out and that's all I am trying to pass on to others.

I worked my way through many chatrooms, services looking for what I needed. It clicked for me and what's more I took a guy who had never traded before - and tested it on him.

No offence, nor spamming is intended here guys. Just that I think I have found a way to get myself and others profitable in trading and see so many questions that others ask that I used to ask .. answered.

In the end, everyone has to make their own decision - some systems work for John and just will not fit for James.. no matter what you say. As you said, people come in get a free trial - if it fits .. good, if not .. that's ok too.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by timsk; Sep 24, 2010 at 2:44pm.
Thanks! The following members like this post: traderspain
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:01pm   #13
Joined Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjones View Post
Hi Firewalker99,

Great tips. thanks for sharing. i will bookmark it.

Jones
I would really suggest taking a step back from some of the detail mentioned above. Not wishing to take anything away from the relevance or correctness of the advice - I would say that a beginner needs a guiding hand and mentor.

This may attract flaming, but I would suggest that you do not pay money for courses as pretty much everything is regenerated from a bunch of similar themes - all of these are available on the internet in various places for free.

Find someone who is demonstrably a good trader, that means find someone actually making money from trading - and not making money charging you for courses/"special consultation time".

How do you judge this :

1) - Look at their track record, have they been trading profitably for longer than 2 years. Even better - have then been trading profitably for longer than 5 years.

2) - What are their results. Check this, by looking for precise trades - entries and exits.

Anyone not able to show this - does not fit the bill

3) - Look for people managing significant account sizes, preferably > $10m - but this isn't always as important as the (1) and (2) - although after 5 years of trading well most are trading larger sized accounts.

If anyone is trying to help you, they need to know what they are talking about themselves first.

In my humble opinion : In trading, you can talk about whatever you want - but in the end it's cold hard cash that we are here to earn.

As will all of my posts, people can get in touch with me if they want to know how I do it.

Take care and good luck guys,
Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:44am   #14

Joined Mar 2010
Re: How do I start trading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansher21 View Post
I would really suggest taking a step back from some of the detail mentioned above. Not wishing to take anything away from the relevance or correctness of the advice - I would say that a beginner needs a guiding hand and mentor.

This may attract flaming, but I would suggest that you do not pay money for courses as pretty much everything is regenerated from a bunch of similar themes - all of these are available on the internet in various places for free.

Find someone who is demonstrably a good trader, that means find someone actually making money from trading - and not making money charging you for courses/"special consultation time".

How do you judge this :

1) - Look at their track record, have they been trading profitably for longer than 2 years. Even better - have then been trading profitably for longer than 5 years.

2) - What are their results. Check this, by looking for precise trades - entries and exits.

Anyone not able to show this - does not fit the bill

3) - Look for people managing significant account sizes, preferably > $10m - but this isn't always as important as the (1) and (2) - although after 5 years of trading well most are trading larger sized accounts.

If anyone is trying to help you, they need to know what they are talking about themselves first.

In my humble opinion : In trading, you can talk about whatever you want - but in the end it's cold hard cash that we are here to earn.

As will all of my posts, people can get in touch with me if they want to know how I do it.

Take care and good luck guys,
Sounds like good advice to me. Although finding someone to mentor you who trades with more than 10m is going to be a harsh deal to find.
LoveToTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:54am   #15
Joined Oct 2010
Re: Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start?

It is crucial to start of with one market and study it intensely. Grab in-depth knowledge of the underlying instrument you are interested in. If its BRCM*, study it, understand the stocks behavior, the market makers behind it, the intraday patterns, etc.... This may take months of observation and study but if you are not willing to invest time into yourself, you will never make it as a trader.

Edit:
*BRCM is the stock ticker symbol for Broadcom Corporation - a U.S. company listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange.

Last edited by timsk; Mar 3, 2011 at 4:17pm. Reason: Added edit
dccruibay is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:01am   #16

7 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Re: Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start?

I would like to suggest my playlist of youtube videos on trading. These videos are made by various professional traders and they were reviewed and organized into 4 chapters by me.

You can see the the first part of Chapter 1 called, "Why Do You Want To Trade?" at The Trading Video Guide

thanks and let me know what you guys think about the site! Also send me your video suggestions...

Last edited by timsk; Apr 1, 2011 at 12:14pm. Reason: Updated link name
pdigio87 is offline   Reply With Quote