All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

This is a discussion on All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi, More BZ results from todays effort: Tuesday: -6, 0, -7, -6, 22, 6, -6, -6 So -3 pips today. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:35pm   #76

Joined Sep 2002
Hi, More BZ results from todays effort:

Tuesday: -6, 0, -7, -6, 22, 6, -6, -6

So -3 pips today.
Due to rounding errors with the pips, the account actually finished at £0.26 up.
Some of the positive pips were slightly bigger than the negative ones.
For example, the 6 pip win was just about equal to the 7 pip loss in monetary terms.

During the very last trade, the connection to Oanda's server disappeared. The other feeds I had running were fine.
I may have been able to get out for a small profit otherwise. I guess it's all part of the game.
Might take a look at 'Worldspreads' as JT suggests.
bansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:10am   #77
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansir View Post
Hi, More BZ results from todays effort:

Tuesday: -6, 0, -7, -6, 22, 6, -6, -6

So -3 pips today.
Due to rounding errors with the pips, the account actually finished at £0.26 up.
Some of the positive pips were slightly bigger than the negative ones.
For example, the 6 pip win was just about equal to the 7 pip loss in monetary terms.

During the very last trade, the connection to Oanda's server disappeared. The other feeds I had running were fine.
I may have been able to get out for a small profit otherwise. I guess it's all part of the game.
Might take a look at 'Worldspreads' as JT suggests.
To be honest bansir, with the consistently bad results that the BZ is helping you achieve, I'd stick with the demo account if i were you, virtual money etc. until IF and when you decide it is a winner worth risking real money with.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:09am   #78

Joined Sep 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrader View Post
To be honest bansir, with the consistently bad results that the BZ is helping you achieve, I'd stick with the demo account if i were you, virtual money etc. until IF and when you decide it is a winner worth risking real money with.
Absolutely JT, I have no plans to go live with this or anything else at the moment.
I was only thinking of checking if worldspreads had a demo account available.
Many thanks for the word of caution, much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Neil

Last edited by bansir; Feb 13, 2008 at 11:41am.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:41pm   #79

Joined Sep 2002
Hi folks,

Still on Oanda demo.
Results for today, usual Eur/Usd TRO Buy Zone with same initial 6 pip stop etc.

Pips for Wednesday: +1, +8, +1, -4, +8, -6, +9

So +17 pips net gain.

See you later,
Neil
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:06pm   #80
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansir View Post
Hi folks,

Still on Oanda demo.
Results for today, usual Eur/Usd TRO Buy Zone with same initial 6 pip stop etc.

Pips for Wednesday: +1, +8, +1, -4, +8, -6, +9

So +17 pips net gain.

See you later,
Neil
The -4p, but using a 6p stop etc. seems to be a bit of a guessing game, trying to anticipate the next tick movement....sometimes you will get lucky by avoiding a bigger loss, & other times you will miss out on a profit etc.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:51pm   #81

Joined Sep 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrader View Post
The -4p, but using a 6p stop etc. seems to be a bit of a guessing game, trying to anticipate the next tick movement....sometimes you will get lucky by avoiding a bigger loss, & other times you will miss out on a profit etc.
Hi JT,
Yes, I think you do need to get a bit of a feel for if the move is going to happen. For me, I'm in totally unexplored territory w.r.t. scalping and it demands a fresh approach so I'm really just working on a 'learn as you go' basis.

Just looking back :-
There was no momentum with the -4p trade; the price hung around the same level for about 10 minutes+ so I brought the stop up a little.

The best moves are quick, you try to close for 6 pips and get filled at 8 to 12 pips or more. For example,today the +9 pip close and one of the +8 pip closes turned out to be at the extremes of a candle shadow. The other 8 pip close was half way along the shadow.

Regards entries, with the limited trial trades so far I would say it seems best to just wait a few seconds to see if the price settles in or just outside the zone before taking your position.
Often times I have jumped in quickly as the zone is momentarily breeched only to watch my entry finish up on the wrong end of a spike / shadow.

I don't know if TRO would agree with the above or indeed if I'm executing his system properly so if in doubt folks please refer to TRO's posts.
Anyone else conducting trials? it would be great to see other results / comments.

Best Regards,
Neil
Old Feb 14, 2008, 4:25pm   #82
Joined Sep 2003
hi
where can I download the "B Z" guide ? I`venot managed to navigate kreslik. Do I have to sign up with them or is there somewhere else?
regards Derek
woolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:17pm   #83

Joined Sep 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolley View Post
hi
where can I download the "B Z" guide ? I`venot managed to navigate kreslik. Do I have to sign up with them or is there somewhere else?
regards Derek
Hi woolley,
This should work:-

http://kreslik.com/forums/download.php?id=1211

It's about the 3rd / 4th entry down on the forums page.
It's a pdf file.

Cheers,
Neil
Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:20pm   #84

Joined Sep 2002
Thursday pips using BZ, Eur/Usd:

-6, 0, +1, -7, -6, +2, +6, +8, +8, -2, +11

So +15 for the day.

Cheers,
Neil[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:30pm   #85
Joined Sep 2003
thanks bansir
woolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:57pm   #86

Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread jtrader, I don't even know why you bother posting in my threads.

No need to reply.. PLEASE!
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:31pm   #87
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
jtrader, I don't even know why you bother posting in my threads.

No need to reply.. PLEASE!
Well besides filling time, to try & stimulate debate, and improve understanding - obviously. Whats the problem with that . Thats what a forum is for.
It seems that you are taking my constructive additions to YOUR threads personally and in the wrong way. But please don't try & make out that i am the enemy, trying to damage your reputation or derail your threads, as this quite simply has/is not the case, as my posts no doubt prove.
My contribution to YOUR threads has been valid, accurate, and has raised the IMPORTANT & perhaps INCONVENIENT questions that have needed to be asked, for the BENEFIT OF US ALL.

I'm sorry if you can't see all this. You should be thanking me really .

PS. I have started many T2W threads. I don't really consider them MY threads though. I may start them, and follow them up until a certain point at which my needs have been satisfied. But then i may not view them again. I could name several very popular threads that i started that fit into this category (eg. UK house prices. i followed it for the first few weeks, until my questions were answered, and have not viewed it hardly since). So the point i am making is that a thread takes on a life of its own at some stage, and develops into whatever it develops into, for the benefit of eveybody.

Kind regards
JT.

Last edited by JTrader; Feb 15, 2008 at 8:45pm.
Thanks! The following members like this post: trendie , Reas
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:16pm   #88

Joined Sep 2002
Hi Folks,
Todays results for BZ with Oanda demo, Eur/Usd.

Friday: +1, +1, -6, +7, +4, -7, +6, -7, -4, -7, -7, -6, -6, 0, 0, -2, +1, +3, -1

so 19 trades and -30 pips.
I've attached a chart showing the trades I took and the corresponding zones I used for today.

Summary for the week:
Mon 11/2/08 : +3
Tue 12/2/08 : -3
Wed 13/2/08: +17
Thu 14/2/08 : +15
Fri 15/2/08 : -30

That's just +2 pips for the week.

Best Regards,
Neil
Attached Thumbnails
eur-usd-b-zone-fri-15-feb-08a.png  

Last edited by bansir; Feb 16, 2008 at 12:16am.
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader
Old Feb 16, 2008, 4:40pm   #89

Joined Nov 2003
Now that looks like hard work!
Old Feb 16, 2008, 8:54pm   #90

Joined Sep 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
Now that looks like hard work!
Hi darktone,
Yup, Wednesday and Thursday were much easier and more profitable.

Looking towards Monday, what effect will the holiday have on FX trading / volumes etc?
I don't know whether to give Monday a miss as far as Eur/Usd is concerned.

Any insights much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Neil