Making Money Trading

This is a discussion on Making Money Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by trader_dante I have done a lot of reading in that time. Some of the key books which ...

View Poll Results: Which market do you want to learn to trade?
Indices 43 42.57%
Foreign Exchange 38 37.62%
Bonds/Interest Rates 5 4.95%
Commodities 15 14.85%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:09pm   #51

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post

I have done a lot of reading in that time. Some of the key books which have given me ideas / beliefs (and perhaps most importantly the peseverance to pursue this despite years of difficulty) are, in no particular order:

How I made $2,000,000 in the stock market - Nicolas Darvas
Market Wizards - Jack D. Schwager
The New Market Wizards - Jack D. Schwager
Stock Market Wizards - Jack D. Schwager
Bulls, Bears, & Brains - Adam Leitzes and Joshua Solan
Trend Following: How great traders make millions in up or down markets - Michael W. Covel
Technical Trading Online - Jerold Roth
High Probability Trading - Marcel Link
Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator - Edwin Lefevre
Jesse Livermore: World's Greatest Stock Trader - Richard Smitten
How To Trade In Stocks - Jesse Livermore
Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds - Charles Mackay

I would recommend these to all traders from amateur to highly experienced. I am a strong believer in keeping things simple and as a result I still read books that teach the basics even though I have now been doing this a long time.

I have found that most books, even if they are aimed at the beginner will often teach you something new. It may be that little piece of information or thought process that it sets off, that will take you down a new path that could lead to profitability.
As you don't mention the only 3 authors of whom any notice should be taken whatsoever, Dr. Alexander Elder, Daryl Guppy and John Murphy, I can only conclude, along with your continual postponement of anything concrete or of substance, that You Sir are a Charlatan. or in other words, enough already, post something of value or get off the pot.

Last edited by Lightning McQueen; Oct 27, 2007 at 7:39pm. Reason: removed swearing
Thanks! The following members like this post: black bear
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:20pm   #52

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
I want to show you how to make money trading the markets.
trade a 21 RSI-ema x-over of the 21 RSI, coupled with a 8/15 EMA x-over, Stop Buys above last high for the next opening. that's all anyone ever needs to know.
enough already of this mystic danteism
there you go, the only money making system you'll ever need.

Last edited by Lightning McQueen; Oct 27, 2007 at 6:25pm. Reason: removed the swearing
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:41pm   #53

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Moo View Post
Being very much a rookie here I am looking forward to hearing more on this! One question re your returns, are this based largely on one market or a good mixture?
I'd say a good imagination. But you won't believe me because you are a rookie. There are no shortcuts. OK? But you still won't be able to keep away from this thread. It has been very interesting to see who has expressed an interest in it. Hard to determine whether it is genuine or not....can't be genuine....surely....

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:54pm   #54

Joined Aug 2005
trader_dante started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
I'd say a good imagination. But you won't believe me because you are a rookie. There are no shortcuts. OK?
I beg to differ. It depends what you mean by a shortcut. If anyone thinks they can learn this overnight then I think they are sincerely mistaken. However, if you don't think that someone with a good few years experience can impart some wisdom that it would take others a much longer time to naturally find out for themselves, then I think you are the one that is mistaken. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you my account history.

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer  
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:59pm   #55

Joined Aug 2005
trader_dante started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathcoole_exile View Post
trade a 21 RSI-ema x-over of the 21 RSI, coupled with a 8/15 EMA x-over, Stop Buys above last high for the next opening. that's all anyone ever needs to know.
You heard him people. No need to read on!

Sounds good. Perhaps you'd be so good as to extoll your systems virtues - maybe by way of your account performance? We can compare

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer  
Thanks! The following members like this post: bizmanny
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:05pm   #56

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
I beg to differ. It depends what you mean by a shortcut. If anyone thinks they can learn this overnight then I think they are sincerely mistaken. However, if you don't think that someone with a good few years experience can impart some wisdom that it would take others a much longer time to naturally find out for themselves, then I think you are the one that is mistaken. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you my account history.
I'm not interested in your account HISTORY. Make some LIVE CHARITY trades on your own account here on T2W. THAT will give you some credibility. Let me guess, this is the sort of system that makes it impossible to do that....

Live trade calls...nothing else matters...

At least OSCAR does that to a degree

http://www.futurestraders.com/

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:05pm   #57

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
You heard him people. No need to read on!

Sounds good. Perhaps you'd be so good as to extoll your systems virtues - maybe by way of your account performance? We can compare
I don't want to compare anything, i just want you to ****e or get off the pot after several pages of BS. But at least I openly state my methodology.

Poll ? Just do something ! Nobody cares if its EURUSD, Crude or Google. it'll be crap anyway so just get on with it.
Thanks! The following members like this post: TheBramble , chump , SHR , spanish89 , price777999 , trader_dante
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:07pm   #58

Joined Sep 2004
Surprising it took as many as 50 posts before the hecklers appeared.

Now here's a guy - dante - who has opened up to us all and sincerely (though IMO foolishly) offered to pass on some of his hard earned knowledge.

Does he have to get on his knees and beg to show a little generosity or are we all so battle weary and cynical that we wouldn't recognize a genuine offer if it smacked us in the nose?

He should consider (if he wants to continue) side stepping the messy bit where insults and flaming abound and go straight to private forum.

Plus ca change......
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:08pm   #59
Joined Jan 2007
Thumbs up He Wrote It Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathcoole_exile View Post
Hi Rathcoole,

Great post, a method wrote down and complete" ish

awards in the post

Post a couple of chart examples and I"ll award some more points to somebody else so I can give you some more

If you can"t write your method down you have"nt got one what's his name
Thanks! The following members like this post: bizmanny
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:08pm   #60

Joined Jan 2003
Thank you for wanting to share your system/methodology. Although I have a trading edge that I am comfortable with, I for one will follow this thread with interest and an open mind, cause you never stop learning. Good luck.