Difference between amateurs and professionals

This is a discussion on Difference between amateurs and professionals within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by foroom lluzers Professional trader:Good trading is boring , I have nothing to do all week except wait ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:46pm   #9
Joined Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Professional trader:Good trading is boring , I have nothing to do all week except wait wait wait patiently , for the righ entry

Professionals understand trading phsychology

Amateur :Good trading is exciting: being scalped 3 times a day , then taking small profits and large losses getting scalped.Stress is good ,Let's say you're walking down a path and a tiger jumps out at you. Instantly, you perceive a threat and adrenaline is released. The tiger emotions is exciting , you fear ,get attacked by market , then I win .It is more like the exciting chase before the sex.

Amateurs are driven by their emotions , stress ,mistakes and ambitions , they don't understand trading psychology.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psyc...sychology.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...at-mentor.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...ml#post2893944

Yes I agree. Trading is boring as **** most of the time.Waiting for the right setup. Sometimes a whole day doing nothing. Then pouncing on the right setup. Snooze and lose.
Dn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:13pm   #10

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dn1977 View Post
Yes I agree. Trading is boring as **** most of the time.Waiting for the right setup. Sometimes a whole day doing nothing. Then pouncing on the right setup. Snooze and lose.
While waiting use that time to evaluate other strategies on a separate system.

Place another desk at right angle, a separate computer and displays. A slight turn of head to watch for your setups while you play around.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:29pm   #11
Joined Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
While waiting use that time to evaluate other strategies on a separate system.

Place another desk at right angle, a separate computer and displays. A slight turn of head to watch for your setups while you play around.
With all due respect , I have spent the last 12 years doing so and I learn something new everyday. And no doubt I will carry on learning.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:34pm   #12

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
With all due respect , I have spent the last 12 years doing so and I learn something new everyday. And no doubt I will carry on learning.
ok. thats great didn't mean to suggest otherwise or offend. i think too many may try to do too much on one setup. computers, displays and desks are cheap...i setup a separate sys just for fooling around with ideas.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:41pm   #13
Joined Jan 2015
Quote:
ok. thats great didn't mean to suggest otherwise or offend. i think too many may try to do too much on one setup. computers, displays and desks are cheap...i setup a separate sys just for fooling around with ideas.
No problem. I totally agree that it takes constant testing new strategies and refinement. I like to keep things simple with not to much clutter on the charts. But so many ways to skin a cat.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:30pm   #14

Joined Oct 2015
the true difference b/w ...proffs have proffs peers to draw from. IN THE PROP OFFICE. retail, well we are mostly alone to fend for ourselves.

we can do ok too though
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:37pm   #15
Joined Jan 2015
Quote:
the true difference b/w ...proffs have proffs peers to draw from. IN THE PROP OFFICE. retail, well we are mostly alone to fend for ourselves.

we can do ok too though
Was in a prop shop for 4 years before it went tits up. Cft financials in London. Better of at home so to not overtrade.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:47am   #16
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Fear and greed are potent influences on trading, but the greatest trading problems, I find, are addictive in nature. Successful traders really want to trade; they have a passion for trading. Addictive traders need to trade; they have a passion for action and excitement.

An addictive trader will not manage his risk. That is because risk is part of the high.

Advice/opinion from a phd doctor (real doctor)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Destructive Patterns in Trading (1) (2).doc (28.0 KB, 33 views)
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote