Introduce Yourself

This is a discussion on Introduce Yourself within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 22, 2001, 11:20pm   #1
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Introduce Yourself

This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the New to Trading forum, which is targeted specifically at newbies taking their first steps.

Last edited by timsk; Aug 16, 2013 at 5:11pm.
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tayalsmith
Old Feb 25, 2001, 8:53pm   #2

5 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Hi

Nice to see a BB with real people on it rather than dafties.

I have been dabbling for a year or so, withe some modest success, but now want to develop some sort of system rather than just following other peoples tips. I dropped in here after seeing it mentioned by one of the more sane poster on Moneyextra, and will observe and contribute in the fullness of time. Some very interesting topics.

Ian McF
nbwedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wasp , eduardo139
Old Mar 8, 2001, 7:57am   #3

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Thanks Sharky

I found out about this site from Sefty. I have had some trouble posting and getting into Chat. Thanks Sharky for getting my posting problems sorted out.

OK I am a novice trader. I haven't started full time yet, however I am positioning myself to do it full time, by reading all I can, following the markets in the mornings and evenings and visiting and learning from excellent sites like this.

I was just listening to the business report on BBC1 and they said that there could be some movement in Techs today. Either down due to Yahoo's profit warning or up becasue an influential commentator says that techs are undervalued.

Maybe it will go nowehere. We shall see.

I'll be back.

Sofa
Sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wasp
Old Mar 8, 2001, 10:14am   #4

Joined Nov 2000
Yahoo's profit warning seemed to have little effect last night.NAS up a tad, so could have a reasonable day today.
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2001, 1:22pm   #5

Joined Oct 2001
New Registration

Hi, one & all.

I'm a new (re-)registration, having previously been a (mostly inactive) member of T2W's predecessor (so long ago, I can't even remember what it used to be called)

Been trading/investing with varying degrees of success over the last 2 years. Still making some very stupid mistakes that were glaringly obvious in hindsight, and should have been obvious at the time.

Becoming more TA oriented as I've learnt more.

Sharescope user (isn't everyone?)

Basically, have come over here to further my TA education, and to look for other perpectives.

Steve.
zzaxx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2001, 1:28pm   #6
Joined Oct 2001
New at this game!

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. Am only paper trading at the moment while learning T/A with metastock and using my partners updata software. As the market has been depressed spreadbetting seems to be the solution my husband has been using, seems a good idea at the moment, but I still prefer to look at swing trading myself and am using Redmayne Bentleys paper trading email system , Prings cds on T/A, and lots of reading to teach myself. Hope to learn from you all and hopefully put something in to discussion when more proficient- perhaps my partner can too?
Old Oct 15, 2001, 2:08pm   #7

Joined Nov 2000
Well, a very wam welcome to you Twiglette... If you care to join us in the chat rooms, you will find others of your same gender there... Skim, Sally, Jazz to name but three. I'm sure they, as well as myself , would welcome another femail to swell the ranks.
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2001, 10:41pm   #8

Joined Oct 2001
Gawd, innit marvelous - I say hello and get no response in 12 days, a distaff member arrives and gets a reply in 40 minutes!

Sex discrimination it is, mutter mumble....
zzaxx99 is offline   Reply With Quote