Introduce Yourself

This is a discussion on Introduce Yourself within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi All, What a welcome relief to find a site where so many knowledgable people hangout. Been spending the evening ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4, 2003, 9:44pm   #33

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Hi All,
What a welcome relief to find a site where so many knowledgable people hangout. Been spending the evening reading up about CFD's as I wish to actually make some money from the financial markets rather than just keeping my head above water for the last 3 years. Going short will be a novelty for me! It will be a sea-change going from a medium term investor (with the odd occassional day trade) to a short term trader.
Have also been spending time recently looking into the various financial packages such as MetaStock.

Great Site

Gadget
Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:22pm   #34

Joined Nov 2000
Welcome to T2W Gadget, and it's a pleasure to have you sailing with us.

MetaStock doesn't have a wide following around here, although I'm sure my comment will probably draw a few MetaStockers out of the woods.

Remember, we're all friendly round here (if they're not I'll swipe 'em with my handbag), so please feel free to post any questions and you should get a variety of replies.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:47pm   #35

Joined Jan 2003
....well Helen...know you from e mail by Max on other TA site...

used sherescope...good package but indicators were not too accurate...used indexia...for some time until died a death...currently use Updata TA..which is still being finished by Updata...the best of the lot has been Metstock...

I believe that it is not what package you use...but how you use it and how do you engage your brain while doing it that counts...

So if there are not many on this site who use Metastock then fine...common puropose is to beat market and make money in the process...

zambuck

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:52pm   #36

Joined Jan 2003
...oops...posted on wrong thread still learning and getting around the site

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:08am   #37

Joined Feb 2002
Hi Zambuck

You can delete a post by clicking the edit button at the bottom right of your post, and ticking delete

I can verify it works, I've used it often enough
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:49am   #38

Joined Oct 2001
FTSE Beater - didnt notice that little edit button.............

Does that mean I can delete all those sad posts about Liverpool and enter some good ones about Chelsea )
Splurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 10:55am   #39

Joined Feb 2002
LOL Splurge.

There is a very clever system on T2W that delete's any bad stuff said about Liverpool - well if there isn't, there should be. Sharky your task has been set
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 8:10pm   #40

Joined Apr 2003
Hi All,

I'm new to this site and thought I'd say howdy.

I actually started trading UK/US shares holding for days/weeks but this was before the war (I sound like Albert from Only Fools ...), and the shares were going ape with no rhyme or reason. And when you go short on a share and a few days later an analyst upgrades the stock, as happened, I thought it was time to change tack.

I now spreadbet the Dow Jones Daily through IG using charts from eSignal as my guide. Still learning and making silly mistakes (like now cutting losses or being too quick to crystalise a gain - I'm sure we've all been there). Anyhow, hope to pick up tips/advice here and it's great to see so many intelligent people.

Keep up the good work T2W and good luck everybody.
The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote