Introduce Yourself

This is a discussion on Introduce Yourself within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; I found this site whilst browsing Motley Fools' day traders den. Thank goodness a site exists for traders and aspiring ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 20, 2001, 12:39am   #17

Joined Nov 2001
new boy

I found this site whilst browsing Motley Fools' day traders den. Thank goodness a site exists for traders and aspiring traders.

I have bought and sold shares in the past (Pre TA) , Traded options, and lately spread betting Indicies and commodities. Not made or lost much - it's still a hobby.

However Universal stock futures caught my eye plus CFD's. Taxable but lower spreads. Rather pay tax on profits than be killed by large spreads. Sharescope is my software, end of day data my ammunition. Thus I am not an intra-day trader but will hold for several days if a trend develops.

Well read on TA but was humbled by the postings by Grey etc who show TA theory applied in practice.

My ignorance of ECN's etc indicate that I would appreciate any book pointers on the subject.

Awaiting a book by William Dunnigan who allegedly uses TA to trade and is highly regarded?

I have a lot to learn and appreciate the excellent editorial content of this site.

Regards

Neil
Old Nov 29, 2001, 5:16pm   #18

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Hello

Another distaffer. . . . .

I trade index options and some stock options and UK futures and have an ailing tech stock portfolio that I force myself to look at sometimes - shudder- would like to learn more about Nasdaq and US trading - found the market chat thread of inestimable use, a great find. Thanks to Roger M for recommending T2W.

phoenix
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wasp
Old Dec 10, 2001, 6:43pm   #19
Joined Dec 2001
Hi all

Yes, another new member, although with a site like this its not really surprising.

me, I retired, now playing at investing, thought I had cracked it, during the dotcom fiasco.
Now following the trend(excuse the pun) by dipping my toe in spread betting, just for the purpose of going "short"

rather like the idea of day trading, but need lots of giudance.

did you know there is a uk broker that provides a " stop loss"
"comdirect"

dingers

Last edited by dingers; Dec 10, 2001 at 6:49pm.
dingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2001, 11:28pm   #20

Joined Nov 2000
Welcome Dingers. Glad you got to posting. Come and join the gang in the Day Trading chat rooms.....
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2001, 9:30am   #21

Joined Oct 2001
FWIW, DLJdirect now provide stoplosses and limit orders as well - whether this will survive now they're being taken over by TDWaterCloset I dunno - I plan to move to comdirect.
zzaxx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2001, 10:07am   #22
TBS

Joined Dec 2001
Morning All,

First posts today, hopefully the first of a few, nice to find a thriving traders colony.

As an Intro - TBS "The Blind Squirrel", have been trading futures mkts for about 10 years, mainly commods and indices. Speciality PnF charting, but a pure TA when it comes to it. Very much trend/sup/res orientated.

Other than that, run a private hedge fund, teach TA at City Uni, run private investor courses and write websites - quiet life really []
Old Dec 12, 2001, 11:21am   #23

Joined Nov 2001
welcome

This could be a Motley Fool migration route .

Welcome Squirrel.

Neil
Old Jan 3, 2002, 12:50pm   #24

9 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
new to you

hi, been day trading futures and the very odd option or usf for about 9 months now , use gni at the moent but am considering my options now that the new year is with us , am particuarly interested to join discussions with other traders re uk and euro futures on indexes.

been moderately succesful but would appreciate any tips or comments on how to get the best from the markets - or indeed the brokers.

quite active, 15 /20 contracts a day , so would be interested in any suggestions re brokers and commission rates etc.

will go and have a browse and see what i can find on this site.

happy trading
cala65 is offline   Reply With Quote