Introduce Yourself

This is a discussion on Introduce Yourself within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi all. I'm new to the forum (though not to trading). Since I'm retired, I'd like to be an investor, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:01pm   #11225

3 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Hi all.

I'm new to the forum (though not to trading). Since I'm retired, I'd like to be an investor, but the vagaries of the markets seem to ensure that I'll always be a trader. I have a lot of experience with TA and some strong opinions on the subject. I hope to share some of what I've learned and to learn from the experience of others.

Merry Christmas.

Keith
Winr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:35pm   #11226

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Hello, I livve in Jamaica, am male with a family and trying to earn some money to supplement my income. I would like to invite members to come to Jamaica, and will not forgive you if you come here and do not contact me.
lloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:13pm   #11227

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Hello Everyone, I am really new to trading! I am a qualified accountant (ACCA) More than happy to help anyone in accounting related question in the UK

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all
yas666eer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:57pm   #11228

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
hi all.
i am a trader since 2010 in forex & stock market.
scooex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:49pm   #11229
gka
Joined Dec 2017
Volatility Response Model

Hi Everyone, My name is Graham and I am a mathematician here in Canada developing an algorithm which I call the Volatility Response Model (VRM).

The VRM calculates future support and resistance levels either one day ahead or one week ahead, together with short and long term trend channels. These predictions are not extrapolations from the past.

I am looking for professional traders for feedback and opinions on the VRM predictions. To this end I hope to post predictions in a thread as markets progress.

I attach a white paper describing the algorithm.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf vrm-05.pdf (427.3 KB, 43 views)
gka is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:51am   #11230

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Hello all,

Hope all is well.

I am David and here to meet people or a group of individuals who will hopefully allow me to join them and allow me to help the group make extra income on a part time basis.

I know very little about trading however am willing to learn.

I am not interested in spending money on courses or any "get rich quick" schemes (No offence to anyone), I would rather join existing traders and learn from them and in return, will promise to help the team make extra income. Yes, help me and I will help you.

Therefore, if you are an individual or a group and are happy for me to join, get in touch.
18PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:26pm   #11231

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Hi All,

I'm been Project Managing IT for 20 years, and l'm looking to learn some new skills in the Forex markets to either boost my earnings or change careers all together.

I've currently reading two Day Trading books, and stumbled across the Martin Cole Market Makers strategy, that seems interesting. (any opinions welcome)

I'm had mixed success over the years with stocks and shares investing, probably breaking even. I've dabbled in Cyrpto in 2015 for long term hold investment. (Bitcoin, Litecoin and Etherium).

So my goals:
  • Learn as much as possible from all you good people
  • Decide on a strategy to break my Forex virginity
  • Decide on my trading platform/Broker
  • Share my failures and successes as I find my feet in this brave new world

I'm also Interested in seeing if there are any meet-ups in my area for like minded people, taking the plunge into Forex trading or interested in sharing their experiences. (Fleet in Hampshire)

Look forward to joining some of the groups and learning as much as I can.
Phil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:09pm   #11232

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gka View Post
Hi Everyone, My name is Graham and I am a mathematician here in Canada developing an algorithm which I call the Volatility Response Model (VRM).

The VRM calculates future support and resistance levels either one day ahead or one week ahead, together with short and long term trend channels. These predictions are not extrapolations from the past.

I am looking for professional traders for feedback and opinions on the VRM predictions. To this end I hope to post predictions in a thread as markets progress.

I attach a white paper describing the algorithm.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote