Bank Holidays, are there trading opportunities?

This is a discussion on Bank Holidays, are there trading opportunities? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; So as I'm sure as everyone is aware we had a holiday yesterday have one on Monday and one next ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:55am   #1
Joined Nov 2010
Bank Holidays, are there trading opportunities?

So as I'm sure as everyone is aware we had a holiday yesterday have one on Monday and one next week so we can all see a wedding. (I'm British in case you haven't figured)

My question is if there is a day where the markets are open in Europe and American but the markets in the UK closed does this present us with any trading opportunities for people to take advantage of or not?
forefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:44am   #2
Joined Jul 2008
It depends which market you are trading. Generally you will waste your time trying to trade those days.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:27pm   #3
Joined Dec 2004
Re: Bank Holidays, are there trading opportunities?

Yeah, with very few exceptions, when one of the major market centers is closed it tends to make for a quiet day all round.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 2:00pm   #4

Joined Jul 2007

Rubbish. I've seen enough opps on Bank Holidays to ignore the fact it's a bank holiday. And there's always the football markets if you can't see an opp in the financial ones.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:04pm   #5
Joined Jan 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by forefit View Post
So as I'm sure as everyone is aware we had a holiday yesterday have one on Monday and one next week so we can all see a wedding. (I'm British in case you haven't figured)

My question is if there is a day where the markets are open in Europe and American but the markets in the UK closed does this present us with any trading opportunities for people to take advantage of or not?
Why ask, why not do?

Get a diary that shows the world bank hols and compare.

If you're not a royalist then sit in front of a computer screen and look at a market that is open. NASDAQ, DAX, Forex whatever you want outside of the UK.

Someone telling you its like this or like that won't replace seeing it for yourself anyway.

--Don't mock stupid dwarves. It's not big and it's not clever!--
coopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:07pm   #6

Joined Sep 2001

John, with all due respect, I've found some great opportunities trading US shares on UK Bank Holidays.
Today might be an exception but since this wedding thingie is over when the US opens, I hope not
Richard

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is online now Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:48pm   #7

Joined Mar 2008

look at gold today !...
advfntrader is offline   Reply With Quote