The Basics of Trading

This is a discussion on The Basics of Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by FTSE Beater Hi all Techcherry has asked me (well I offered) to do a step-by-step guide on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21, 2005, 8:56pm   #386

8 Posts
Joined May 2005
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTSE Beater
Hi all

Techcherry has asked me (well I offered) to do a step-by-step guide on how trade.

BEFORE I START: I want to point out that this is NOT going to be a Holy-Grail, and you will be disappointed if you think it is.

Also, don't invest your money based on anything I say. Remember it is your own money on the table and not mine!!

Thirdly and most importantly. Anything you learn within this thread must not be used against me in any Trade2Win competition!!!! I want to win occasionally.

Ok, now the legal stuff is out of the way. I would like to say that there is no right or wrong answers in the market. The important thing is that we share our views, and all learn together.

If at any point I miss out something, or I haven't explained something clearly enough, then please post a question. A Chinese saying says ...and this is something I really want to embrace.
need some help on daily trading i have used champion trader and currently spread bet through i.g index on ftse 100 and djia
braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 9:20pm   #387

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart
need some help on daily trading i have used champion trader and currently spread bet through i.g index on ftse 100 and djia

Braveheart

Not quite sure what you're looking for. If you browse through the earlier FTSE 100 threads started by Bonsai and the earlier DOW threads started by Chartman you'll pick up some ways of tackling both indices.

good trading

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 11:12pm   #388

2 Posts
Joined May 2005
Vince Stanzione

Does anyone now anything about Vince Stanzione"s trading course, please? Thanks!
barna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 12:47am   #389
Joined Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by barna
Does anyone now anything about Vince Stanzione"s trading course, please? Thanks!
Click on the search button above, type "Vince Stanzione" in and see what comes up. There's enough there to keep you busy for hours.

Once you've read all of it, or a fraction of it, draw your own conclusions!

Hope this helps.
jimmy1jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 9:35pm   #390

2 Posts
Joined May 2005
Thanks for your help, Jimmy!
barna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 3:21pm   #391

8 Posts
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon
Braveheart

Not quite sure what you're looking for. If you browse through the earlier FTSE 100 threads started by Bonsai and the earlier DOW threads started by Chartman you'll pick up some ways of tackling both indices.

good trading

jon
have you heard of champion trader?
braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 5:06pm   #392
Joined Dec 2002
I took a look at Champion Trader some time ago - imo its a piece of junk, best consigned to the trash can.

The best thing you could do right now - imho (if you're trading on an intraday basis) - is get rid of your IG account (they have quite possibly the worst spreads in the business) and get either a DA account or go with someone like Capital Spreads who have much smaller intraday spreads on FTSE/Dow. Spreadbetting is not best suited to intraday trading.

For advertising issues ONLY please email advertising (at) trade2win.com
rossored is offline   Reply With Quote