The Basics of Trading

This is a discussion on The Basics of Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi BK, Since we don't condone advertising on T2W (unless it's paid for) I suggest you contact me off the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 10, 2003, 2:25pm   #127

Joined Dec 2001
Hi BK,

Since we don't condone advertising on T2W (unless it's paid for) I suggest you contact me off the board if you want my opinion
Old Mar 10, 2003, 2:51pm   #128

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Hi Helen and FTSEBeater,

I have just spoken with TBS, apparently he is buying some space on here anyway, so I don't feel so bad mentioning it.

Thankyou
Old Mar 11, 2003, 2:51pm   #129

Joined Nov 2002
hi all
... sorry tbs? because finnally I am thinking really serious to get into a begginers course as well...
...And please forgive me ftse because of my ausence , but I had a few professional obligations which led me to be short of time, but I just been reading trough and looks like this threat is being very sucessffull , and by the way I am problems with the software(metastock) and getting the eod into it, so I still can not use any software to my t.a , I know there is proper threat for this, but anyway, does anyone can help?
Old Mar 11, 2003, 3:24pm   #130

Joined Feb 2003
Hi FB

Are we going to get back to the original idea of this thread

You've been rather quiet, and I suspect missed by many including myself.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 3:30pm   #131

Joined Feb 2002
FTSE Beater started this thread Hi NastyItch and all

I've been busy reading and researching over the last couple of weeks, so I haven't really had time to put anything together, which I must apologies for.

Is there anything in particular that people want me to talk about this week?

If not I'll do something on Indicators

Again, my deepest apologies
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2003, 3:45pm   #132

Joined Feb 2003
Hi FB

Glad to hear you are back, your deepest apologies are not necessary. What do they say about 'presence not presents' are more important (although presents should not be turned away)

Earlier in this thread I had answered Soldier and posed some questions I was hoping you would pick up on.

BIG QUESTION for the experienced folks out there.
If I were to do intraday trading what timeframe charts should I be looking at using?
What about trading on a weekly and a monthly basis?

Just a thought
Old Mar 11, 2003, 4:11pm   #133

Joined Apr 2001
Hi FB,

So far been a very informative thread on the basics, keep it up

Keeping in line with basic and perhaps a step onto TA a suggestion to explain a favourite of mine, Pivot Points, maybe worthwile. This could encorporate the knowledge base of your teaching on support and resistance with a method of trading. Another advantage would be that you could demonstrate the other aspects that you have covered, such as money management for example, relavent to this form of Sup&Res
Just a suggestion and seems a logical progresion if you were considering moving onto more complex indicators in the future

Aiming to be long term successful, not short term lucky

Trading Breakouts Strategy - ARTICLE
Newtron Bomb is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote