The Basics of Trading

This is a discussion on The Basics of Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; SoldierofONE Could you please advise how I can open your Amvascap chart. I have right and left clicked on it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 1, 2003, 3:15pm   #111
Joined Feb 2002
SoldierofONE

Could you please advise how I can open your Amvascap chart.
I have right and left clicked on it several times but cannot see the chart.Hope you can tell me.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 3:44pm   #112

Joined Feb 2002
FTSE Beater started this thread Hi Fluke

You should be able to left-click it.

if not try this link http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/at...=&postid=23678

HTH
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2003, 4:07pm   #113
Joined Feb 2002
Hi Mark.
You are very prompt again!!, thanks will try this.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 4:15pm   #114
Joined Feb 2002
Hi Mark.

I have tried this, no go Im sorry to say.I must have a problem with my computer set up some where.Have tried to download attachments before with out success.I can copy printed charts OK from the boards but not attachments. I will leave it for now don't want to waste any more of your time.thanks any way.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 6:13pm   #115

Joined Nov 2000
Fluke:

I found that when I clicked on 'open' to open the chart, that I had to wait a little while. So perhaps you're too much of a eager beaver!
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2003, 6:51pm   #116

Joined Feb 2002
FTSE Beater started this thread Hi Fluke and all.

Here's the AVZ chart that SoldierOfOne did.

Click the image to open in full size.
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2003, 7:18pm   #117
Joined Feb 2002
Hi Skimbleshanks.

Thanks for your help.

I have BT Broadband and took your advice and waited some time but still cannot open the attachment. I may have a problem with my Internet settings,must get these looked at.

Hi FTSEB.

Thanks for the chart was able to print this and can now get on with the R/R study.
Must say I have learnt a lot from you and the others .keep up the good work you blokes.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 3:10pm   #118

Joined Feb 2003
Question Re: The Basics of Trading

Quote:
Originally posted by FTSE Beater
Hi SoldierOfOne

Superb chart
The only other thing I can see is an even longer target at 500 - but yet again that comes down to time-scalesYes I would, as Skim has said in another post, lock in profits and keeping about a 2.4 RR is great. It doesn't have to be 2.4 but SHOULD be better than 1:1.
Hi FTSEBeater

With regard to Soldier's AVZ chart:

1) I see a H & S with a neckline that has been tested at beginning of Feb at 360 (give or take a few for the badly drawn lines). Surely this has indicated a reversal from the high at 500?

2) If this is so then is a target for the downtrend is likely to be 250?

3) Is this a good bet when there are no signals to show a reversal of the down trend yet? Would it not be better to wait and see before making a move?
Old Mar 3, 2003, 3:11pm   #119

Joined Feb 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by NastyItch

1) I see a H & S with a neckline
Maybe I should try attaching the graph
Attached Thumbnails
avz2nd-take.gif  
Old Mar 3, 2003, 9:10pm   #120
Joined Jan 2003
Hi NastyItch

Thanks for your comments – this has made me look at the chart again.

Here are my thoughts:-

So, we are looking at a slightly falling h + s neckline (I missed this). As I understand it, the price reversal after the h+s should at least equal the difference between the neckline and the head.

If the head is at 505p and the neckline at 375p, then we are looking at fall of 130p to 245p before upward movement is seen again? Is this what you are saying, NastyItch (forgive me, I’m at the stage where I have to think everything through longhand !)?

If this is so, and one was looking to trade, would it be best to wait and see if 245p was tested and became support (go long) or the price action continued to fall (stay on sidelines and watch some more?)

One more point – volume

Again from reading, I understand the volume associated with the rally leading to the right hand shoulder is supposed to be weaker than the volume associated with the fall of the right shoulder (completing the h+s).

This looks to be the case here with AVZ, or am I seeing things ?

Look forward to more comments – cheers, NastyItch, I’ve learnt some more (I think!) from this exercise.

SoldierofOne
SoldierOfOne is offline   Reply With Quote