The Basics of Trading

This is a discussion on The Basics of Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; RogerM Thanks for the tip regarding TC2000. Is there a UK supplier for CD? or did you pay the shipping ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 24, 2003, 10:07am   #101

Joined Jun 2001
RogerM

Thanks for the tip regarding TC2000. Is there a UK supplier for CD? or did you pay the shipping cost to get it?

Thanks

Nick
monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 1:32pm   #102
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
There is no UK supplier so you have to order it from the website or by calling them. I have been waiting 2 weeks now for it to arrive. I called them on Friday and they told me that it can take 10 business days.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 1:40pm   #103

Joined Jun 2001
Thanks Paul

Did you pay the shipping cost?

Nick
monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 2:07pm   #104

5 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Got a mailshot today from something called Champion Trader.Has anybody read this or does anybody know anything about it.
I realise that the general consensus of opinion seems to be not to waste money on such things.
Any opinions appreciated
greenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 2:33pm   #105

Joined Mar 2001
Grand sum of $10 for shipping outside the USA. Not much to pay for a no commitment full version of the s/w plus a complete databank up to the date the CD was produced.

Roger(M)

http://www.wehanghere.com
RogerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 3:13pm   #106

Joined Nov 2001
GREEN FINGERS

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/sh...hampion+trader

The above link has a discussion on Champion Trader.

I have nothing to do with it nor would I have anything to do with holy grails - oops my bias is showing

Don't forget that the "search" facility on this site is a useful tool.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 3:16pm   #107
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Hi Monarch,

Yes I did pay shipping costs and I also activated the account but they have said that when it arrives and I install it they will take my payment from that date onwards

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 6:34pm   #108
Joined Jan 2003
Setting Price Targets

Hullo again FTSE Beater.

A coupe of days ago, you suggested we have a look at setting some price targets. As you know (I think) that Iím pretty new to this, then be please gentle ;-)

If Iíve followed your instructions correctly, hereís the chart

Subject : Amvescap

My 'trade' should begin with how much I can lose:-
Stop Loss first : 240p

And now on the upside...
Short Term target :330p
R/R 1.25

Medium Term target : 375p
R/R 2.4

Longer Term target : 435p
R/R 3.9

The targets are Ďroundí numbers, based on support and resistance only (Iím still reading about secondary indicators at the moment) and have been picked on examination previous levels of S/R (in last 6 months).

Time scales Ė finding this a tricky one. With a prevailing wind, it looks like the Longer Term target of 435p could be met in 6 weeks.

If the share began to rise, would you advocate a rising stop loss, locking in / keeping constant the R/R e.g. say aim for 375p, keep moving stop loss up to maintain R/R of 2.4?

Cheers and look forward to where Iíve gone wrong !

SoldierofOne
Attached Thumbnails
avz-27.02.03.bmp  
SoldierOfOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 7:18pm   #109
Joined Nov 2001
Hi Skimbleshanks,

Thanks for the post. I'll work on volume again using your suggestions

Regards Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2003, 12:41pm   #110

Joined Feb 2002
FTSE Beater started this thread Hi SoldierOfOne

Superb chart
The only other thing I can see is an even longer target at 500 - but yet again that comes down to time-scales
Quote:
If the share began to rise, would you advocate a rising stop loss, locking in / keeping constant the R/R e.g. say aim for 375p, keep moving stop loss up to maintain R/R of 2.4?
Yes I would, as Skim has said in another post, lock in profits and keeping about a 2.4 RR is great. It doesn't have to be 2.4 but SHOULD be better than 1:1.

Hope this helps and take care
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote