The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton)

This is a discussion on The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton) within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi noticed this guy Avery horton aka 'the rumpled one' on quite a few forums, usually resulting in himself getting ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:29pm   #1
Joined Feb 2004
The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton)

Hi noticed this guy Avery horton aka 'the rumpled one' on quite a few forums, usually resulting in himself getting banned from most of them.
Anyway, just wanted to know if this guy is for real or not as the whole thing he is trying to do seems to have a kind of cult feel to it, bit like woodie's.
I've Looked into it alot on one of the forums where he posts most days and there seems to be alot of posters there that back up his indicators and systems and swear by them, these posters seem suspect to me as they have not posted much. Is it me being too paranoid or negitive or do people believe this is all part of his scam.
He has a ebook for sale for $500 and the way it has been laid out to me i feel to buy it just out of curiousity. Has anyone bought this ebook or can anyone back up his claims?

regards,

jason
jayjay121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:31pm   #2

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay121 View Post
Hi noticed this guy Avery horton aka 'the rumpled one' on quite a few forums, usually resulting in himself getting banned from most of them.
Anyway, just wanted to know if this guy is for real or not as the whole thing he is trying to do seems to have a kind of cult feel to it, bit like woodie's.
I've Looked into it alot on one of the forums where he posts most days and there seems to be alot of posters there that back up his indicators and systems and swear by them, these posters seem suspect to me as they have not posted much. Is it me being too paranoid or negitive or do people believe this is all part of his scam.
He has a ebook for sale for $500 and the way it has been laid out to me i feel to buy it just out of curiousity. Has anyone bought this ebook or can anyone back up his claims?

regards,

jason
Jason,

I seem to think he has another book on offer, called "one born every minute". You get if half price with the first one.

Save yer money fella.

UTB
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:22pm   #3
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:

regards,

jason
Hi

FWIW - I've been in quite regular contact with TRO for about 20 months or so now. I have found him very useful & helpful, particularly with TS8.1 indicators (which i no longer use). He's a very good coder who has produced hundreds of his own indicators and has shared them for free on tradestationworld (b4 being banned) & kreslik.com inparticular. He's not gained $0.01 from me, but has been a fairly big help.

He can be found at www.kreslik.com.

I haven't actually traded any of his methods, but thats not to say they are not good!

Last edited by JTrader; Dec 19, 2007 at 11:39pm.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:35am   #4
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
I have found him very useful & helpful, particularly with TS8.1 indicators (which i no longer use)
Any reason why you stopped using them ?

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:57am   #5

Joined Feb 2004
an interview

Hi all

Never heard of the guy so had a search around

Found this site with an interview, check out the archives on the left for loads more from other traders

The TraderInterviews.com Show for November 29, 2007
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader , peto , johnlvs2run
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:32pm   #6
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
Any reason why you stopped using them ?

Paul
I had to pay for TS8.1 - $99 per month. Metatrader 4 is free & i can have MT4 platforms from several forex brokers installed on my PC. MT4 is widely used (forexfactory, babypips, fisherman etc), light on PC resources, though admittedly not as sophisticated as TS8.2. But for me it is a no contest as MT4 meets my needs .

Last edited by JTrader; Dec 20, 2007 at 12:39pm.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:35pm   #7
Joined Dec 2002
I will say one thing about TRO. He does post a lot of ideas, but can seem reluctant to be specific on key issues sometimes, which can give the impression of evading questions when it might seem easier to be specific, talking in riddles perhaps. Maybe this is because he doesn't want to be exact with his instructions etc. as then he is not liable for blame....I would say that he is one of the good guys though.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:25pm   #8

Joined Aug 2006
Quote:

regards,

jason
Yes, I am for real...LOL!

I have a FREE Chat | Chat Rooms | Paltalk chatroom called the two percent club. We can chat there. If you have trouble finding it, just pm me, therumpledone, and I will invite you in.

People accuse me of EVADING THE QUESTION. If hundreds of people understand and a few don't, am I to blame? If a few people understand and hundreds of people don't, am I to blame?

You can get my FREE indicators on www.kreslik.com and you can find my stock filters on StockFetcher.com - Stock Screening

Yes, I have been banned from TRADESTATION, eSignal, ForexFactory, MindOverMarkets, and perhaps a couple others...LOL!! I get banned because I usually expose some BS policy and stand up to the FORUM POLICE. Not to mention, vendors don't like people who give away code that works better than the code they are selling.

Yes, I do have 2 eBooks for sale. The marketers handle all that. They "twisted" my arm to get me to write the books. My degree is in computer science and I can code in my sleep. I can usually knock out an indicator in under an hour. But documenting how to use it can take weeks!! So that's one of the reasons for the eBooks.

I hope that answers your questions.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader