Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts

This is a discussion on Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Chalky_trader You never responded to my challenge Nero, calling tops and bottoms like can would make it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:57am   #17
Joined Oct 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky_trader View Post
You never responded to my challenge Nero, calling tops and bottoms like can would make it a piece of cake..
What challenge?
nero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:14am   #18
Joined Oct 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero1 View Post
What challenge?
If you mean your thread,i never understood what its all about,a couple of times i have read it i saw some guys fighting,
after a few pages i got
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:17am   #19
Joined Nov 2011
Quote:
If you mean your thread,i never understood what its all about,a couple of times i have read it i saw some guys fighting,
after a few pages i got
you never understood it! that says it all
Chalky_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:16pm   #20
Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
after a few pages i got
Can you provide a link to the posts where you have called any tops or bottoms?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:33pm   #21
Joined Aug 2016
poor pathetic little people

sigmund1 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmund1 View Post
I accidently tripped over Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts on a thread titled, what happens when you try to time the markets found on Educational Resources.

I've seen it a million times before and this thread is no different.

Within the blink of an eye lid the discussion turns into a massive dick swinging contest.

But what does Mr Charts do?

Apparently he sells advice on timing the markets to poor pathetic little people who haven’t the imagination to get the information on Amazon or from the internet for FREE!

But how much does our friendly market timer Mr Chart charge?

According to one such former client on the web site TradingSimulaton.com the 1-2-1 private lesson you get

No actual live trading involved.
Lots of pattern recognition.
Fundamentals.
No buy or sell recommendations.

And all for the give away price of £1100, and oh, I nearly forgot to mention that according to Mr Charts web page the lesson will last “several solid hours”

Don’t know about you but I feel much better knowing that!

I showed our Nan the thread and she said...he couldn’t time an egg, let alone the markets.
From my previous post.

So what is a Poor Pathetic Little Person, what do they look like and how to spot one?

And are you sure your not one?

Here's a check list...

You constantly look for Trading Tips in...

Magazines, Newspapers, TV, CNN, Bloomberg, Talking Heads, Bulletin Boards, Financial Bloggers, Friends, Work Colleges, Neighbors, the Neighbors Dog, the Bloke down the Pub, Horoscopes, Ouija Boards.

If that's you, then every time you look in the mirror, congratulations, you've just spotted one!

As my Mother is fond of saying, society is full of people like that, but you wouldn't want to be one!

Last edited by sigmund1; Jan 26, 2017 at 10:07pm.
sigmund1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:56am   #22
Joined Aug 2016
sigmund1 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
Promulgating well worn quotations of "wisdom" is convincing if you don't know otherwise from personal experience. FWIW, many years ago I was a dentist in general practice and worked hard to learn and gain the experience of how to be profitable trading the markets. After a few years I sold up in the year 2000 and have traded ever since, consistently profitably (no, I am not profitable on every single trade - no-one can be).
As a consequence I KNOW that trading the way I do is consistently profitable so the opinions of academics and any one else saying timing is useless are inapplicable - to use a polite word.
The years trading part time before 2000 and all the sixteen years since are not some statistical fluke, so I can smile at those quotes, which in fact belong to a different type of market activity.
Like a lot of things in life, method, method, method plus a good dollop of acquired experience resulting in a little bit of decent judgment equal success.
I love self proclaimed Guru's. Their so, um, predictable!

It seems they all sing from the same hymn book, boring.

Big on boast, but thin on substance.

Take our friendly Guru above, very quick to proclaim long term profitability.

But then again and to quote the legendary Mandy Rice-Davies, "WELL. HE WOULD, WOULDN'T HE"

But when it comes to PROOF, well, where is it.

I'm looking, looking here, looking there, still can't see it.
sigmund1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: petetrades
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:47pm   #23

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmund1 View Post
I love self proclaimed Guru's. Their so, um, predictable!

It seems they all sing from the same hymn book, boring.

Big on boast, but thin on substance.

Take our friendly Guru above, very quick to proclaim long term profitability.

But then again and to quote the legendary Mandy Rice-Davies, "WELL. HE WOULD, WOULDN'T HE"

But when it comes to PROOF, well, where is it.

I'm looking, looking here, looking there, still can't see it.
I know nothing about MrC's trading other than what has been posted on here over the years. I do know him as a good fellow whose cyber-company I have enjoyed over those years.

So far as proof is concerned you might like to reflect on the fact that he has been a member here since 2001, he's been coaching since 2002 and his Making Money thread has been running since 2008.

He has had one or two critics (like yourself) along the way but there has never been an outpouring on here (Making Money thread in particular) from those he has coached complaining that what he has taught them is a load of crap and that he's a phoney.

Last edited by barjon; Jan 27, 2017 at 6:50pm.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla , cbrads , tomorton , Lee Shepherd
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:56pm   #24
Joined Oct 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
I know nothing about MrC's trading other than what has been posted on here over the years. I do know him as a good fellow whose cyber-company I have enjoyed over those years.

So far as proof is concerned you might like to reflect on the fact that he has been a member here since 2001, he's been coaching since 2002 and his Making Money thread has been running since 2008.

He has had one or two critics (like yourself) along the way but there has never been an outpouring on here (money Making thread in particular) from those he has coached complaining that what he has taught them is a load of crap and that he's a phoney.
How can someone say a mentor sells a load of crap if he doesht have a clue why the markets behave like they do.
We had many gurus like mr charts over the years in greece.I remember a man who didht know how a chart looks like, who found the bottom in 2009 and he had 500 followers in 6 months.
All he kept saying was that the index will go up and every post had 30 likes.
He could become easily a mentor if he knew what a chart is but he didht .

Unfortunately for him some day ftse started falling and he kept saying that it will go up,after 6 months everybody knew what i knew all along,that he had no idea what he was talking about.
So what you say means nothing at all.